WALGREENS Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

You know what walgreens is great for on BF? Wrapping paper and such and odd little stocking stuffers. I defintiley go on BF one of my last stops before i go home. This year the walgreens had a cvs move in right next door, literally, and CVS accepts walgreens coupons! Will be interesting to see how that plays out!

Can anybody give me any description of the Thomas Tank Engine set that will be on sale for BF? My son is a Thomas Freak :cheesy: so I thought I'd check it out. Is it a play set for the wooden train set? If anyone has a description that would be great!! :D :D

No doubling coupons.

Easy saver this month is for the 100oz bottle, 50oz bottle is on sale.

There will be other good sales in that weeks sales ad and the next week. Specifically buy 1 get 2 free on assorted things.

Also, based on the things I see coming in I think there a few things missing from the list we have. I suspect, although I have no proof of this, there will also be $.99 revlon lipstick, cheap dvd player, assorted dvd's. Plus a few others

Also, the 75% off watches isn't on there. That's a really good deal!

If my memory is right, the walgreens special prices started at 7am for the past 3 years here at our store in Ohio. It is a 24-hour store, so the way it worked was this: Walk in at any time before 7am, load up the cart with what you want, and then wait in line for 7am to hit. You could go through the line earlier than 7am, but you won't get the price. So we all sort of form our own line off to the side. The computer system somehow uploaded the correct prices around that 7am mark, so it took just a few minutes for the right prices to ring up.

My experience has been that not a lot of "extra" is stocked for some of the things I get....like the .99 nuts, the lipstick, etc. So if you don't go in and pick it up before 7am, it won't be there even when the sale starts at 7am (or whatever time it is in your location).

Just my experience--

Rebecca

I was in Walgreens today and the clerk told me about the 8 hour BF sale which included the 75% off watches and the Quattro FAR too. Just wanted to add that she thought it was the new Quattro razor with the free earbuds headphones included, so it makes it an even better deal.

Yeah, I am so happy that Tide is on sale again. It is a great price when I have $1 coupons. I will make as many trips as I have coupons for.

As mentioned above, don't count on Walgreens to carry more than a few each of the BF items. Last year I was 1st in line at 7:00am on BF (actually after I checked out there might have been 3 others in the store). I got 2 Tide's @ $1.99 & I think they had 1 left.

This week's add had stuff like Ocean Srpay Cranberry Sauce for $0.79. After going to 2 Walgreens who didn't even have a price marker where the product should go, I gave up & will take the add to Super Wallyworld to add match.

Just a hint, chances are Walgreens isn't out of things as often as it may seem. Because we carry so many different products in such a small store there's not always enough room to carry LOTS of an item in the basic location. So, chances are the item you are looking for it either somewhere else in the store or in the stockroom. For example, food items that go on ad (mandarin oranges, mushrooms, cranberry sauce, etc) usually have an entire endstand for those items. Especially around thanksgiving/christmas when there is actually an endstand for special food items like that. If not, then it's almost certain that there is more of the item in the back, different stores are better about stocking the shelf, but I know that at my store we are required to fill the fast moving food items 2x daily. But even that isn't enough sometimes. Also, with the stuff on the 8-hour sale (tide, nuts, etc) the stuff is probably on endstands all over the store, Walgreens wants people to "shop" the store and buy other things while they are in there. If you can't find what you're looking for, ask, we're there to help you.

Oh, and the revlon lipstick is not included, I saw the actual ad today...

Oh, and the revlon lipstick is not included, I saw the actual ad today...

What about the usual wrapping paper and tag deals - are they in the ad? They weren't included on the BF list here - surprising since they seem to have them every year... :confused:

i have the BF ad in front of me yes buy one get 2 free are one the following

Color studio gift wrap by hallmark 30 in 50 sq ft buy one at 1.99 limit 6

Bows28 pk, tissuepaper 24 sheet white Hallmark, 21-24 pack paper magic gift tags buy one at 0.99 cents limit 9

Ty uingle beanies 4 inch styles buy one at 2.99 limit 3

If anyone can walk me through uploading these ads I have about 20 to stores not in the PDF file already. just private message me thanks

Scott1000: I went to 2 Walgreen's on Friday looking for the Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce & asked for them to look around/in the back. None to be found. Finally I just took the add to Walmart & add matched. I would have just paid the price difference as after a while you gotta wonder if $0.20 is worth wasting your gas.

My other beef with Walgreens (in case you want feedback) is that the prices of sale & buy-one get one free often rings up wrong/is charged. I have to be careful to total in my head the total cost since the recipts will often discount at the end.

The tide was on sale last year for the same price, I think. And the peanuts. I thought they were out of the tide, so I got in line with my DVD's and peanuts. A lady in front of me in line had brought along her teenage son, and he was walking around picking up more stuff for her as she waited in line. They put out more Tide, and he called her on her cell, and she got him to get me 2 also. There was a limit of 2 on the Tide and Peanuts, so I don't know that Walmart would let you get more than that for the price.