WALGREENS Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

Official Walgreens Black Friday Discussion Thread

Posted Image

Click here to go to the web site for Walgreens.
Click here to find the Walgreens nearest you.

This thread is for all discussion directly related to the Black Friday ad for Walgreens. It is also for the discussion of Walgreens store policies, store hours, and any other store-related topics. Links to the Black Friday ad for Walgreens will be added to this thread when it has been released.

Ad Items Posted: http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Store/walgreens

• 1 month later...

DD and I went there two years ago and then again last year. She got really ticked off at the manager year before last over a cd player, and so we have to go to the older one in our town or I have to hear the story again!

They always have at least one or two things that are really good and it is kindof our winding down before we go grab something to eat thing to do.

As an old employee, I can say that they are open 365 days a year, and the 24 hr locations are never closed unless there is a big storm, i.e. a hurricane. For 4 yrs I had to work the holidays, and the last year I worked there was their 1st BF in 2004 or 2003. They have excellent deals on detergent and makeup for BF. Tip: don't go over the limit or they will turn you down, I would walk in and out the store if you want multiples.

Beorn's portable DVD player that we got for $79.99 on BF with a $25, IIRC, mail-in rebate is still working, so I'm pleased. But their rebates can be tricky. I asked the store manager when I bought the DVD player how I could return it if it didn't work if I had to send in the original cash register receipt per the rebate instructions. He printed out what he called a rebate recipt, and told me to send that in.

Well, I was denied because I hadn't turned in my original receipt per the rebate instructions. But the store manager gave me the cash back when I went back and complained to him about it, so again, I am happy.

I just got word from a Walgreens manager that Quattro razors will be 99 cents on BF, they are coming down by email and should have the entire list in a few weeks..Also she said that some DVD player will be on sale as well....I'll post ASAP, btw the daughter works at walgreens

I just got word from a Walgreens manager that Quattro razors will be 99 cents on BF, they are coming down by email and should have the entire list in a few weeks..Also she said that some DVD player will be on sale as well....I'll post ASAP, btw the daughter works at walgreens

I love the Quattro! If I remember right, they started out around $8.00, so that's a great buy. Thanks for the info.

I love the Quattro! If I remember right, they started out around $8.00, so that's a great buy. Thanks for the info.

Wow, that is a great buy. I haven't used them yet but my nephews love them. I'll have to pick some of them up. That would be great for a stocking stuffer.

Last Year We Bought The Lipstick For 99 And Also They Had The Cologn And Perfume On Sale The Big Bottles We Got Several Of Those But First Had To Get A Raincheck Cause They Where Out But They Called Us When They Came In....in Like 2 Weeks I Was Very Pleased Cause I Think They Cost Like 20 Dollars ....if Anyone Remembers And Im Wrong Pls Correct Me On The Price...thanks, I Really Cant Wait Till All The Sales Papers Come Out...i Love It!!!!

I only hit 3 stores last year on BF, and Walgreens was the last one. I picked up a 6' lit Christmas tree for $20, and some of those huge chocolate bars 2/$1 (wish I'd bought more) and some canned nuts. I think I bought more, I just can't remember. I was really interested in the laundry soap deal (Tide) 50oz for 1.99 - but it ended up not being a great deal - as what I get now costs just about as much (Purex 200oz for $6.00).

I only hit 3 stores last year on BF, and Walgreens was the last one. I picked up a 6' lit Christmas tree for $20, and some of those huge chocolate bars 2/$1 (wish I'd bought more) and some canned nuts. I think I bought more, I just can't remember. I was really interested in the laundry soap deal (Tide) 50oz for 1.99 - but it ended up not being a great deal - as what I get now costs just about as much (Purex 200oz for $6.00).

HAHA

Love the candy bar part

I always wait until later in the day to shot at Walgreens, and then I stock up on my wrapping needs. Last year, if I remember right, they had wrapping paper buy 1 get 2 free. It was the same with the bows...take...ribbon...etc. I also got some of the big candy bars...great stocking stuffers!

I work at Walgreen's (shhh, don't tell them I'm here). I've seen the list of items, but I can't find it right now (actually I haven't looked to hard yet). What I do know is the really big item will be some great prices on watches, we were told "take all of the prices out of the watch tower (they're still individually marked) and just keep it full". I've heard it's probably 75% off, but I would say at least 50%. Also, the quattro's are part of the sale. There's some big jar candles (going to be really cheap)... That's all I can remember off the top of my head. But if the past years have been any indication, they will be similar things from the previous years, that have been mentioned already. Oh, and MOST of the stores will give you a rain check on any items, so long as you are there DURING the 8 hour sale. If I see the list again I'll post it. But by that time the add will probably be scanned.

I work at Walgreen's (shhh, don't tell them I'm here). I've seen the list of items, but I can't find it right now (actually I haven't looked to hard yet). What I do know is the really big item will be some great prices on watches, we were told "take all of the prices out of the watch tower (they're still individually marked) and just keep it full". I've heard it's probably 75% off, but I would say at least 50%. Also, the quattro's are part of the sale. There's some big jar candles (going to be really cheap)... That's all I can remember off the top of my head. But if the past years have been any indication, they will be similar things from the previous years, that have been mentioned already. Oh, and MOST of the stores will give you a rain check on any items, so long as you are there DURING the 8 hour sale. If I see the list again I'll post it. But by that time the add will probably be scanned.

I hope the lipsticks are on sale again. I buy them every year (have been a blitz item there for the past few years). Always price match at Walmart, get the limit of 1 then head to Walgreens and get another one.

I saw the list today, printed it out, then left it at work. Oops... I can confirm the watches are going to be really cheap, I think the most expensive watch was $13-14. Patriot jar candles buy 1 get 2 free at $7.99. Wrapping paper buy 1 get 2 free at $1.99. Tide 50oz, $1.99. Some foot spas and/or massager's $9.99. Some christmas tress 50% off. Some toys pretty cheap. Sorry, I didn't see the revlon on there, nor any fragrances, however, there was several pages of items that aren't on file yet so I have no way of knowing what those are. I'm guessing they haven't added those UPC's yet because they are items specifically for BF. There will be some good deals, if you're looking for a good deal on a watch, show up early because even if they do give you a rain check I doubt we will get more of them. In the past years some of the sale items at the 24 hour stores go on sale in the middle of the night (before the beginning of the 8 hour sale), so if you're driving by a Walgreens at 2am stop by and have somebody price verify an item to see what it rings up at (they may have fixed this "problem" though). Maybe I'll remember the list at some point.

That is true. I went into a Walgreens before heading out to Walmart a couple of years ago. I needed some cough drops before heading out in line (dreaded cold lol) and saw a couple of people buying some BF items. Most were ringing up at the price and they were allowing it. I lucked out that year. Last year, not the case

They have some wrap, ribbons, tissue paper, and cards buy 1 get 2 free this week. I stocked up and am ready to roll on that after BF!!

Thanx for the info! I love the "buy 1 get 2 free", always stock up on wrapping paper and accessories. I didn't know that they had the sale BEFORE BF, I'll be sure to go get some this week.

Another walgreens hint:

Almost always the next weeks ad is in a stack behind the "3rd" backup. This is the register that slow stores will almost never use. Just look for the stacks of bundled ads. I doubt anybody will throw a hissy fit if you pick one up and if they do, just say "oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know" (we've never cared at our store).

Actually, the best way to shop walgreens ads is late on saturday night. Usually by 6pm the next weeks ad is already activated, if not, the ad tags are at least being hung by employees around the store so they will honor that price. So you can shop 2 ads at one time.

Actually, the best way to shop walgreens ads is late on saturday night. Usually by 6pm the next weeks ad is already activated, if not, the ad tags are at least being hung by employees around the store so they will honor that price. So you can shop 2 ads at one time.

I used to go to Walgreens on Saturday nights just before the ad ended. If there was something on sale that has a limit, they always let me get it unlimited. Always came in handy when the bottles of Arizona Tea was on sale 2/99cents. I would always get a couple of cases.

Tide 50 oz $1.99

-Revlon Fabulash mascara FAR (catalina)

-Patriot Candles (compare to Yankee): Buy 1 get 2 free!

-M&M medium or large (?) bag, $0.99 Pretty sure it's the medium bag

-Nutter Butter/Oreo cookies - $0.99

-Planters peanuts - $0.99

-Watches 75% off --this one is hot; lotsa timex watches there

-DVD player with 20 (old) movies 49.99 PANDA brand. It's very compact... about the size of a PSone

-Aiptek 5100 Digital video camera 69.99 reg 99.99 requires compact flash

-Polaroid a500 5mp camera 79.99 - 20.00 MIR = $59.99 !!

-Vivitar 50x/100x telescope $10

-Magnetix 85pc set - 9.99

-Norelco Reflex Plus electric shaver: 19.99

-Schick Quattro razors FAR

-Dr. Scholl's feet water massager or massaging car seat 9.99 reg 19.99

-Dora/Diego wooden game activity sets... one of those all-in-one board games. And Thomas the Tank play set. $9.99 reg 19.99