Black Friday: When Do They Decide?

Guest no1dtngfan

Guest no1dtngfan
I was just wondering...are places already working on their sales? When is the deadline...for the big places like Best Buy...i would say the ad is ready by last week of oct/first week of nov...what yall think , or know first hand?

I'm sure the stores have to wait to see what items they can stock at the door-buster prices before they can finalize their ads. When we get them is anybody's guess. Someone has to leak them and hopefully they leak them to GottaDeal first. :D

I wish I didn't have so many medical bills. This will be the first time EVER I will have to charge most of my items. I hate charging anything. But with the ambulance, emergency room then overnight stay, physical therapy, and upcoming back surgery, money will be so tight. I wish if this health problem had to happen it was earlier in the year so I could have recoverd finacially before BF. So basically I have my $400 saved up in my drawer to spend then thats it. Then off to charging. I already told the kids it wouldn't be a huge christmas like they were used to. My daughter age 6 just said thats ok, Santa will just buy gifts for me this year....lol... god love her

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't recall any major B&M retailer that issused a supplemental BF flyer, other than Wal-Mart in 2005, that additionally lowered some of their BF main ad prices.

Most regular sale ads have a 6-8 week lead time. For BF I would imagine the lead time is longer.

You probably won't see some of this season's 'hot' items in the BF ads (Elmo, Nintendo Wii console, Sony PS3 console, etc.) as the retailers can't guarantee availability. I don't recall the XBox 360 console being listed in any BF ad, although games and accessories for the XBox 360 were listed.