Official "What did you buy?" Discussion Thread

Brad

I didn't do much shopping at all. This is probably the first year in 20 that my sister and I didn't go out ANYWHERE :-(  I purchased a nugget ice maker from Sam's November sale. I also purchased the new Ninja Creami 11-in-1 machine from Amazon, signed up for credit card got $150 off (I had the first version, which I loved, selling to my sister to pay for this machine.) I got a few things at Bath & Body Works and got the special box. Everything was online except in store pick up for BBW.

I've (yes me, all by my lonesome) actually been installing a laminate floor in my livingroom and hallway for the last four days or so. Removed carpet and hardwood floors were in no condiiton to keep without total refinish which I couldn't afford (just did total bathroom remodel and backyard remodel in progress). LL Flooring gave me a killer deal on 30 year laminate, 89 cents/sq ft. Will probably finish floors tomorrow. I was trying to have livingroom and bathroom completed about a week ago until I was sidelined with floors.

In looking through all of the ads, I really didn't see much that excited me. I think because I REALLY didn't need or want anything specific. I am a gadget person, so the 2 items above spoke to me, but I didn't have to spend much time to get them. My sister got a motion clock from Sam's and is looking for a smaller tv on cyber Monday, but other than that I don't think she bought anything either.

Edited by mgreen

I left town Friday morning to go to a hockey tourney for the boys, so I didn’t do any in-person shopping at all. However, I have kept Best Buy online pretty busy for the past month and today.

MacBook Pro 14”

65” Samsung QLED tv

LG smart washer and dryer

Thunderbolt 4 docking station

A bunch of display adapters

iPad for DS12

Three 32” monitors

Apple magic keyboard

PS5 games for DS12

Gaming keyboard and mouse for DS11

I also got a couple of cellular Apple Watches from Target, and random World Cup stuff for DS12 from soccer.com. I will probably get DS11 a new Fleury jersey from the Wild but I haven’t ordered it yet.

I just need to figure out what to get my mama for her birthday and Christmas and then I’m mostly done. I think this is the earliest I’ve had this much stuff for the boys.

• Like 1

I snagged several gifts; toys, socks, etc. I grabbed a new jacket for me as well.

I didn’t get a whole lot this year, but it would have likely been less if not for all of the awesome people here and on discord posting deals! I didn’t get very excited by looking at the ads, but seeing the deals get laid out on the Black Friday tracker here and people mentioning and linking things on discord helped me select some things I really did need after all. I appreciate you all so much!! Thanks!!

• Like 1

I didn't do as much BF shopping this year as in previous years, probably because my children are grown and I didn't need much. Mainly shopping for the grand this year...Here's what I ended up with

Pre BF Online

Walmart:

2 Rubbermaid container sets

Towels, hand towels and washcloths

Pioneer Women's bake set (first set the baking dish was broke on arrival, they sent me a new set and told me to keep, donate or trash the other set)

Kohl's:

2 Big One Throws

6 candles 

3 Sweater Dresses

Bath and Body Works:

13 Lotions and 16 hand soap (pre BF) and 12 Sprays (BF weekend)

Black Friday I ventured out to my usual stores...

Lowes:

Poinsettias

Christmas Tree Shops:

Rubbermaid containers

Gift bags

Cella's Chocolate covered cherries

Oven mitts, pot holders and kitchen towels (Christmas themed)

2 boxes Christmas Cards

I usually buy boxes of Victor Allen coffee (42 k-cups) for $10 every BF that lasts me practically a year, but this year I was disappointed to find out that they had been trying for months to get some in and were not successful...

Carter's:

1 Adult/1 kid matching pj's 

Old navy:

$5 pajama bottoms (the material seems really cheap and thin this year)

Target:

Candle

$1 one spot items (stocking stuffers)

Walmart didn't garner a trip instore this year... I wanted to go to JCPenney just to look, but didn't... I finished shopping early this year and headed home for leftovers, my couch and TV...

Edited by tracy0504
  • Like 1

Well, for the first time ever I didn't go to Wal Mart on Black Friday.  I did order online the glass storage bowl sets and had ordered online a couple of Samsung 55 inch tv's a few weeks earlier, that were a good deal. 

We hit a Target, didn't really buy anything there.

Old Navy, bought a few fuzzy slipper socks and a few pair of sleep pants.

Kurieg Coffee pods at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Soaps, Bath Gels, Lotions and hand sanitizers at Bath and Body Works.

We had a nice leisurely lunch, then headed to a big mall, wandered around picking up a few little things for stockings.  it was one of my most disappointing  Black Friday Shopping trips ever. 

We did get up early on Saturday and went to an outlet mall, I dropped a little money there at Coach and Kate Spade, guys new wallets and a few new purses one for a daughter and the other for me...LOL

We hit a TJ Max store and found some more stocking stuffers. 

Ended at a Buckee's where I bought a Christmas Tee Shirt, lots of specialty nuts and goodies to stuff the stockings with.

I did a lot of my shopping early on Amazon, I still have one more big gift to get and it's an iPad Air, 2022, 256MB, was just hoping to find a last minute special, but will probably buy it by the weekend.

Edited by BFKJH

Well, for the first time ever I didn't go to Wal Mart on Black Friday.  I did order online the glass storage bowl sets and had ordered online a couple of Samsung 55 inch tv's a few weeks earlier, that were a good deal. 

We hit a Target, didn't really buy anything there.

Old Navy, bought a few fuzzy slipper socks and a few pair of sleep pants.

Kurieg Coffee pods at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Soaps, Bath Gels, Lotions and hand sanitizers at Bath and Body Works.

We had a nice leisurely lunch, then headed to a big mall, wandered around picking up a few little things for stockings.  it was one of my most disappointing  Black Friday Shopping trips ever. 

We did get up early on Saturday and went to an outlet mall, I dropped a little money there at Coach and Kate Spade, guys new wallets and a few new purses one for a daughter and the other for me...LOL

We hit a TJ Max store and found some more stocking stuffers. 

Ended at a Buckee's where I bought a Christmas Tee Shirt, lots of specialty nuts and goodies to stuff the stockings with.

I did a lot of my shopping early on Amazon, I still have one more big gift to get and it's an iPad Air, 2022, 256MB, was just hoping to find a last minute special, but will probably buy it by the weekend.

Best Buy has them on sale right now through Thursday.  $100 off.