Walmart Black Friday Sale (11/21 to 11/27)

Brad

A couple Switch games, some PJs, some jeans, some pillows...

Yep, this one might be worth a trip to town for pick up :).

Know what I haven't seen though? The cheap bath mats. Maybe I just missed them somewhere.

And, no judgement, but do people really buy airblown inflatables to ride in their passenger seats?  I can't imagine wanting to listen to that blower inside the car. LOL

• Like 2

Nothing that jumps out at me.  The TV is a good price, but we bought the 55" TV for 188 during the first sale.

I will probably pick up the markers (as I do every year) and maybe a Switch game or two.  I will also probably pick up a few toys for donation.  

Edited by starbeck96
  • Like 1

Know what I haven't seen though? The cheap bath mats. Maybe I just missed them somewhere.

And, no judgement, but do people really buy airblown inflatables to ride in their passenger seats? I can't imagine wanting to listen to that blower inside the car. LOL

I have a blow up inflatable grinch in my car but he rides in the backseat

• Like 2

And, no judgement, but do people really buy airblown inflatables to ride in their passenger seats?  I can't imagine wanting to listen to that blower inside the car. LOL

I saw a pizza delivery guy driving around my little town with a Grinch one last season! I thought it was hilarious because I didn’t even know those things existed! I saw a Frosty one at Big Lots the other day. LOL
  • Like 1

And, no judgement, but do people really buy airblown inflatables to ride in their passenger seats? I can't imagine wanting to listen to that blower inside the car. LOL

I mostly see the car inflatables in the Christmas parades, not day to day really.

ETA- my husband suggested the carpool lane

Edited by MariahA
  • Like 1

The ads just seems to be the same every year.  Retailers know that shoppers will be out regardless of what's in the ads.  The days of the good ole Black Friday days are behind us, sad to say.  The ads just suck!  

Agree for the most part except that I think this ad sucks worse than ever 

Question:  on the video games, if there is a title that I want for Xbox, but it's listed for another gaming system, will they have the Xbox game on sale or is it only what is shown?  So if it's not shown, that game won't be available in Xbox?  Is that right?

usually with Walmart all the games are under the title and you just pick which platform you want it and usually they are available at that price for the other systems, sometimes its a small price difference for like the switch version, but usually if you see if for xb1 its on ps4/5 as well for that price if that game is on both systems

Not only is Walmart already cancelling orders but have the nerve to substitute a product and charge you the difference in their substitution which could be 100+ dollars..... As Buddy the Elf would say -

Son of a Nutcraker!!!!

that isn't how substitutions work, someone screwed up

Question: on the video games, if there is a title that I want for Xbox, but it's listed for another gaming system, will they have the Xbox game on sale or is it only what is shown? So if it's not shown, that game won't be available in Xbox? Is that right?

If you go on walmart it says options, and u choose what platform and it will tell you the exact price. I got dumped into thinking the nba2k23 and madden23 were 27 each but for the xbox series X and ps5 they are 35 each.

usually with Walmart all the games are under the title and you just pick which platform you want it and usually they are available at that price for the other systems, sometimes its a small price difference for like the switch version, but usually if you see if for xb1 its on ps4/5 as well for that price if that game is on both systems

that isn't how substitutions work, someone screwed up

They are actually doing this now.  I started noticing it on my grocery orders a few weeks ago but haven't had one yet on something that wasn't grocery.  I'd be pretty upset with a price difference like that.

• Like 1

They are actually doing this now.  I started noticing it on my grocery orders a few weeks ago but haven't had one yet on something that wasn't grocery.  I'd be pretty upset with a price difference like that.

ok so note to self the next grocery order i do to not allow any substitutions normally i allow a few on some items

ok so note to self the next grocery order i do to not allow any substitutions normally i allow a few on some items

I've always allowed it on everything and I noticed a few weeks ago there was some italicized font concerning substitution so I read it. That's when I noticed the verbiage had changed on it.  I tested it out as I've always got at least 3 substitutions in every order and sure enough, they tried to charge me the higher price.  I just cancelled the items when they sent out the "we have substitutions" email.  Now, I will say it's kind of hit or miss.  Some items subbed were the same price, and others were at a different price so it's a ymmv thing for now.  They might just be testing this in some areas?  I believe if you go to the website though the verbiage has changed in the FAQ.

by far the year ive ordered the least from Walmart for Black Friday, ive placed 3 total orders now for 6 items in total

the movie deals this year were lackluster and I didnt need any of the video games they had on sale

I’ve not ordered one thing…..I can’t remember the last time I haven’t bought anything at Walmart on BF, even if it was a leftover cheap DVD on Saturday morning.