What's on Your Thanksgiving Menu?

tracy0504

I'm traditional when it comes to Thanksgiving Dinner so I don't really change up the menu too much ... I also go to relatives for potluck every year (yes, I still cook my own dinner), not sure what is on that menu, but I'm sure a turkey is involved... this year a request was made for my spaghetti salad (as an appetizer), sweet potato pie and apple crisp so that's what I'll be taking...

Here's my tentative menu for home, some things I'm still questioning if I'll feel like doing:

Roasted Turkey

Dressing

Baked macaroni and cheese

Sweet Potato casserole - two different kinds

Collard Greens

Potato Salad?? (may take this off the menu this year depending on how I feel)

Rice

Cranberry sauce - homemade and the canned kind

Hot water cornbread??

Jiffy cornbread

Hawaiian sweet rolls

Sweet potato pies - 5 total

Apple crisps - 3 total

Coconut Pound Cake??

Ice Cream

• Like 3

My mama still cooks the big dinner, same every year, but that's getting harder so me and my sister are trying to help. But of course when we offer or ask what to do... she says she's got it. But I always make cranberry sauce, and sister is making a cobbler and another veggie food dish. And I'll do something else too, probably squash and a dessert as well.

Turkey

Dressing

Dressing with veggie stock

Noodles (cooked in turkey broth)

Noodles (cooked in veggie broth)

Mashed potatoes

Sweet potato casserole

Corn

Green beans

Mac and cheese

Squash

Another veggie

Rolls

Homemade cranberry sauce

Pickles, olives, black olives, cheese

Peach cobbler

Pumpkin pie

Cookies

• Like 1

Oh i have no doubt they will find a way to lose the game. We are VERY good at that. We usually keep it interesting for a while then I think we forget we are playing tackle football lol

Well, I won't say anything negative about the Bills as we've been playing good the past couple years... but from previous years, you know how we played  :sidesplit

• Like 1

Our family is very traditional for Thanksgiving and Christmas meals. They are pretty much the same for both meals with the exception of an expanded dessert table.   For Thanksgiving we will have:

Turkey

Dressing

Mashed Potatoes

Gravy

Corn 

Green Beans

Candied Sweet Potatoes

Deviled Eggs

Broccoli Rice Casserole

Mac & Cheese, but it’s not regular Mac & Cheese

Rolls

Charcuterie Board (we always have a relish tray with pickles, olives, sometimes veggies and some dip but this year my teenage nieces want 

To do a Charcuterie Board.  When I asked what they were going to put on it, they said, pickles, olives, veggies, fruit…so, a RELISH 

TRAY..LOL!!

Cranberry Sauce - jellied and homemade berry sauce

Carrot Cake

Pumpkin Pie with homemade whipped cream

Chocolate Pie

Butterscotch Pie

Christmas will have cookies and candies added to the dessert table and everyone will get containers to take their favorites home with them..

• Like 2

Our family is very traditional for Thanksgiving and Christmas meals. They are pretty much the same for both meals with the exception of an expanded dessert table. For Thanksgiving we will have:

Turkey

Dressing

Mashed Potatoes

Gravy

Corn

Green Beans

Candied Sweet Potatoes

Deviled Eggs

Broccoli Rice Casserole

Mac & Cheese, but it’s not regular Mac & Cheese

Rolls

Charcuterie Board (we always have a relish tray with pickles, olives, sometimes veggies and some dip but this year my teenage nieces want

To do a Charcuterie Board. When I asked what they were going to put on it, they said, pickles, olives, veggies, fruit…so, a RELISH

TRAY..LOL!!

Cranberry Sauce - jellied and homemade berry sauce

Carrot Cake

Pumpkin Pie with homemade whipped cream

Chocolate Pie

Butterscotch Pie

Christmas will have cookies and candies added to the dessert table and everyone will get containers to take their favorites home with them..

All sounds great. What time should I show up?