How’s your shopping going?

speeddiva

Last Amazon order placed, going to a local store for ODS's big present (not available online that I could find and I wanted to do at least some local shopping anyway) Probably next week on that, the farm store usually gets one BIG shipment of toys before Christmas and it just came in so have to get it while they have it! Last year they were wiped out before Thanksgiving.

Placing a Thrift Books order this weekend and then it's wrapping central. Candy for stockings closer to Christmas because it'll get eaten if I buy now

This year is off at my home. I thought I would go back to school (18 credit hours at a time) while still working full time.  Shopping aspect is fine! It’s what I do to chill for a minute when I can. It’s the holiday prep that is scaring me, like the wrapping! 
I did take a weekend to fly to “ deliver” gifts to my sons family  who won’t be home this year. 

Shopping is going well for me. I'm halfway done, usually I'm stuck on what to get people and end up buying things last minute. I'm glad I'm early because this year I won't be running around like a crazy lady lol [emoji2957]. My goal is to have everything bought and wrapped by Christmas week [emoji1692].
  • Like 1

I've hit a plateau with ideas this year.

20 of 25 grandkids done ..4 great granddaughters done... our 8 children and spouses is where I'm stuck. Budget is super tight so trying to be frugal.

They are all so different in interests and so on

Thought of the hand casting kits or personalized diamond painting..... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I've hit a plateau with ideas this year.

20 of 25 grandkids done ..4 great granddaughters done... our 8 children and spouses is where I'm stuck. Budget is super tight so trying to be frugal.

They are all so different in interests and so on

Thought of the hand casting kits or personalized diamond painting..... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Do you like cooking/baking? Baskets of homemade treats for everyone? IOU coupons for babysitting or one family meal of their choice? Which could add up for 8 families but would be spread out more

• Like 1

Wellllll, lol... Saturday I picked up a Pikachu toy for the grand from Target using the 25% off one toy/book and my 10% employee discount ($39.99 originally so after discounts paid about $30) so that was my biggest purchase this season thus far... that's about it so far...

• Like 1

I feel very spaced out this year for some reason. I feel like I'm so far behind, but I don't know what to buy to catch up.

Maybe part of it is because I usually buy a lot from LTD Commodities, so I usually have 2 or 3 BIG boxes sitting in my office by this time. This year I haven't ordered anything from them.  Walmart's screwing with the game plan this year isn't helping either :).

Still waiting on lists. Every year

Last year we created a Christmas Wish list in a Google spreadsheet so everyone gets to place items they want on the list. This has been a game changer. We do put  time limit on when you can add gifts and it has worked. I have 95% done. I am waiting to see if I can get a deal on the last items.

• Like 1

for the first year i am waaayyyyyyy behind . just started today. and mostly shopping for the graduates only right now. ( i purchase thousands of $$$ of gifts to be used as prizes.) i got  3 tvs,  3 metal detectors , 3 cooling devices ,6 camp chairs , 3 ear buds,3 echo dots. and ill order the  mini fridges and microwaves now ... then kohls in am , should be a lot there..

I'm done! Waiting for a Shutterfly order to arrive then I can knock out wrapping the last few orders that arrived. The farm store actually did a pop up toy sale last week so I even got ODS's Santa present for $23! He found the same set on Amazon and showed me (very excited about it so yes!) It's $42 on Amazon! Love finding deals, and it was local!

Well I didn't get all the lists until Sunday Thanksgiving week, when we were out of town all week, and ever since we came back, we have been back, so no in store shopping, just some delirious online shopping as I have no clue what I have gotten and what I sill need to get. BF has been a bust this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m done.  I’m over people!  Went to Kohls one day last week and there was a woman on a tirade back in the customer service the likes of which I’ve never seen from adult before.  So yeah, I’m done.  It is what it is.  I could use one more thing for my mother but I’m not going in search of anything.  I have everything either bagged up or boxed up to wrap though so that will be my weekend project! 

I’m done. I’m over people! Went to Kohls one day last week and there was a woman on a tirade back in the customer service the likes of which I’ve never seen from adult before. So yeah, I’m done. It is what it is. I could use one more thing for my mother but I’m not going in search of anything. I have everything either bagged up or boxed up to wrap though so that will be my weekend project!

Wish I could say nice things about many people but I was brought to if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything. :)

I think society has gotten worse since Covid, people think they can say and do what they want no matter what. WRONG.

As for shopping, have to finish my wife’s presents this weekend. Was talking about it this morning.

• Like 1

I think I'm in good shape. I took off work Monday, and my husband and I are going to start at opposite ends of the shopping center and look for small stocking things, and I have 5 or 6 gift cards to also pick up.

I'm waiting on I think 3 packages, which all should arrive by Sunday. I've usually still got things coming Christmas Eve, so I'm happy to be this ahead.

• Like 1