GottaDEAL 2023 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

Finally put my Christmas tree and decorations up. Better late than never, eh?

Late? I wonder what that makes me then. We have a very curious indoor kitten this year so I don't know that we'll even put up a tree this year. Our kids are grown so it's no big deal, but I don't know if I can do Christmas without a tree. I just might put one up on our enclosed front porch and call it good.

• Like 1

Checking in for December. Both boys had RSV then I caught it. Youngest went back to school for a week and brought home the Flu that cycled through the house too. I'm completely over all the germs!!!!! Ready for December to be healthy month for us!

Hope everyone is staying healthy and enjoying December so far.

• Like 2

Month Two…I’m on a roll!!  LOL!!  

I’m still reeling from the crappy (for me, anyhow) Black Friday sales.  It was not a ‘fun’ Black Friday this year and I feel soooo let down. I hope the stores all have someone lurking and reading posts about what everyone likes and doesn’t like and takes note.  Personally, I want real paper ads back and real Black Friday experiences.  The stores were weirdly empty of the usual BF crowds and it just didn’t feel right.  Weird not to be surrounded by people wanting a good bargain.

• Like 4

Happy December!

Got my tree up Sunday after Thanksgiving before my kid went back to college.  Even though I was sick.  Blech.  Glad it got done!  Not many ornaments, but the tree is up and has lights.  I'll blame the cats for the lack or ornaments, I don't trust them (one in particular).  But he has been good so far this year so maybe I'll add some.

Forgot to post this on the 1st but we closed November at 80 members which I believe is our largest first month total ever.

I'm going to put the over/under for members at the end of the year at 50 lol.

Good luck to everyone. 42 of you already have posted for December.

• Like 8

I finally got my inside decorations done, now to find time to get the outside lights up.  I am so far behind in the decorating department this year.  We had a small renovation project that started in March, that seemed to grow, plus the delay in materials, especially windows and having to fire the first contractor in August.  Then finding another one who was willing to come in and clean up the mess by the first one.  I am happy to say it is almost completed at this point, (minor things and an outside deck left) we were able to host our annual Christmas party this past weekend. Which truth be told I feared having to cancel. 

Most of the gifts are bought and ready to be wrapped...almost ready to breath a sigh of relief.

Happy December! I cannot believe we are 20 days away from Christmas. We don't even have our Christmas decorations out or anything, lol. My oldest comes home from college in 9 days (but who's counting, lol), so I'm kind of waiting on him. Merry Christmas, everyone!
  • Like 1

House hunt in full swing - I think I have 7-8 houses I’m planning/hoping to see with my agent Saturday morning plus another open house or two once she needs to go to handle other obligations. Hoping the winner is somewhere in this bunch! Fingers crossed!

Baking for gifts about to ramp up as well. First shipments go out by Tuesday! Time’s flying!!!

• Like 3

House hunt in full swing - I think I have 7-8 houses I’m planning/hoping to see with my agent Saturday morning plus another open house or two once she needs to go to handle other obligations. Hoping the winner is somewhere in this bunch! Fingers crossed!

Baking for gifts about to ramp up as well. First shipments go out by Tuesday! Time’s flying!!!

Let me know when you’re ready to ship mine.

• Like 1

How exciting to be house hunting! I hope you find your favorite this weekend. :)

• Like 1