Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

iPhone - better buying now or waiting for deals?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 starbeck96  OFFLINE  

starbeck96

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 7, 2022 - 9:16 am

We are considering updating our iphones.  We have the SE (2nd edition) and use Total Wireless (which was recently bought out by Verizon).  

With Verizon I can get our daughter the 13 max pro for 9.99 per month, the pro for 5.00 per month, and the mini for free.  I can also get 200.00 Verizon gift card per line for switching over.

I just don't know if I will get a better deal.  My total would be around 185.00/month which is about 100.00 more than we are paying now.

Would you wait or go ahead and jump on it.  The pro max would be a Christmas gift for our daughter and I will ask if we can wait until mid-late December to activate (I definitely want it under the tree).  If not, then I would have to pay Total Wireless for two months and the Verizon bill.

#2 momlori  OFFLINE  

momlori

Reading in the mountains

• 2,125 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 7, 2022 - 5:02 pm

You may get a better deal if you wait just a bit. There is usually a deal for Black Friday on the older phones

#3 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 10, 2022 - 6:58 am

Recently online they offered a rebate for bringing your own phone over. I think we got $350 for adding a line with a phone we had.

#4 starbeck96  OFFLINE  

starbeck96

• 1,056 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 10, 2022 - 10:25 am

Recently online they offered a rebate for bringing your own phone over. I think we got $350 for adding a line with a phone we had.

The problem is that I believe our phones are being faded out by the end of next year anyway.  So, we will have to upgrade anyway.  We were also hoping to get better phones.  But, I think we have decided to wait.  We just don't want to add an extra expense right now with how shaky our economy is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users