What's your Black Friday budget for this year?

Kanyon71

I think with the economy being sooooo off this year and the price of everything being much higher that many are going to have reduced budgets this year.

Ours will be just about the same as the last couple of years, we have less people to buy for now. We will probably spend a little more on the people we buy for though.

Our budget depends on how my husband's drywall business does for the next few months.  Right now he is doing fairly well, but that can change so quickly.  I would love to have at least a 1500.00 budget, but realistically it will probably be closer to 800-1000.00

I'm hoping to keep my BF budget to around $500 this year... all of my kids are grown so I won't spend as much on them, but I was thinking about maybe GC towards a flight which doesn't have to be done on BF unless there is a sale (wishful thinking)... I'll get my household items, grandkids gifts and friends/family secret Santa gifts for sure, but no big ticket items this year so $500 is very doable for me...

I never really have a budget, I just get what people want or what I like. I do like to shop and gift. My kids are grown, and buy things themselves, so gifting to them is a little more challenging now. Every year we say we won't get much, maybe this will be the year. We'll see.

The kids without a family usually get a big thing $400-600 (computer, VR, console), where my daughter doesn't usually ask for much, and the grandkids I get to have fun shopping for. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I only buy gifts for 3 adults so I set my budget anywhere from $75 to $100 per person.  Sometimes I go overboard with one or all.  LOL

I don’t count coworkers since we always ended up doing something different each year but usually had a $10 limit.  I tend to spend more on myself this time of year because I don’t set a budget for myself so I really need to do that this year. 

Edited by HanShotFirst

I don't usually have a set budget, but you are right that what money I have won't go as far this year. Going to have to get creative to keep the grandkids in the loot they have come to expect, LOL.

Loot! That’s what my sister and I always called our gifts too, even in to young adulthood.   :) :) :)

Edited by HanShotFirst
  • Like 1

I started looking at the toy books that are out and made a list for my granddaughter.  I made a chart for Walmart, Amazon and Target.  Usually don't shop at Target since they are a bit higher, but a couple of weeks ago, I found 2 toys that were 1/2 off regular price and it was way cheaper than Walmart or Amazon.  So I'm going by the chart and if I find something on the list that is cheaper, I will go ahead and get it.  Nothing that is on the list are going to be in any BF sales so I'm just watching prices on the weekly sales.

I started looking at the toy books that are out and made a list for my granddaughter. I made a chart for Walmart, Amazon and Target. Usually don't shop at Target since they are a bit higher, but a couple of weeks ago, I found 2 toys that were 1/2 off regular price and it was way cheaper than Walmart or Amazon. So I'm going by the chart and if I find something on the list that is cheaper, I will go ahead and get it. Nothing that is on the list are going to be in any BF sales so I'm just watching prices on the weekly sales.

Target has a 25% off any toy/book coupon right now. I don't usually shop Target but they have really good toy deals this time of year. Can stack that with sale pricing too. And Target is price matching itself if anything you buy goes on sale between now and Christmas, you chat and they'll refund the difference.

Christmas budget is lower this year. Black Friday sales are more home goods and I'm planning on about $40ish for new pillows and Rubbermaid. Christmas was around $500 last year, not sure where we're at this year but it's less. Downside of buying year round, I don't always keep as good of track of the summertime/thrifted purchases
  • Like 1