Best Tablet or laptop for Roblox/Minecraft

starbeck96

My daughter is wanting a laptop or tablet so she can play Roblox and Minecraft with her friends.  She tried playing Minecraft on one of our laptops but I am pretty sure it met just the minimum requirements and was lagging badly.  I also think she may have had to pay an extra fee to be able to play with those who play on a phone, tablet, or game system.  This is all fairly new to me so I am not exactly sure which would be the cheapest way to go.

Would love to get some help choosing the best one at the best deal.  I saw that Walmart has the Samsung Tab A7 but wasn't sure if it would be sufficient for game play or not.

• Like 1

My daughter is wanting a laptop or tablet so she can play Roblox and Minecraft with her friends.  She tried playing Minecraft on one of our laptops but I am pretty sure it met just the minimum requirements and was lagging badly.  I also think she may have had to pay an extra fee to be able to play with those who play on a phone, tablet, or game system.  This is all fairly new to me so I am not exactly sure which would be the cheapest way to go.

Would love to get some help choosing the best one at the best deal.  I saw that Walmart has the Samsung Tab A7 but wasn't sure if it would be sufficient for game play or not.

I am wondering about the A7 at walmart tomorrow too.  Mine wants it for Roblox as well.  She currently plays it on her Samsung S9 phone so hoping it works on tablet too. 

• Like 1

I am wondering about the A7 at walmart tomorrow too.  Mine wants it for Roblox as well.  She currently plays it on her Samsung S9 phone so hoping it works on tablet too. 

I actually talked to a few people in the Gottadeal discord chat room and I do feel that the A7 will work.  I also watched several YouTube videos with people playing games on the A7.  All of those YouTubers said that it will play, but you can't use full graphics.  Most used the automatic settings for graphics instead.  They all said that they couldn't really tell a difference between the full and the automatic as far as the graphics go.  I am probably just going to go ahead and purchase it if I can get it before they sell out.  

• Like 1

I actually talked to a few people in the Gottadeal discord chat room and I do feel that the A7 will work.  I also watched several YouTube videos with people playing games on the A7.  All of those YouTubers said that it will play, but you can't use full graphics.  Most used the automatic settings for graphics instead.  They all said that they couldn't really tell a difference between the full and the automatic as far as the graphics go.  I am probably just going to go ahead and purchase it if I can get it before they sell out.  

She is only 9 and spends way too much time on this game honestly!!  I am going to chance it too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The more these girls are playing games is good. They are reading, critical thinking, and gaining confidence.  My daughter played games at that age and really got into it. She is now a developer.

That's awesome.  It is great that more girls are heading in tis direction.

My daughter doesn't really play a lot of games, she mainly just plays because her friends play.  That being said, she already knows that she wants to go into music.  She plays violin and piano.  She has been in a youth orchestra in the past (hoping to start back in January).  She also loves kids so she is talking about getting a degree in music education and just a basic teaching degree.  One thing she wants to do is give private lessons in violin and piano (and she also wants to learn the cello so she can teach that) so she can pass her love for music to others.  She wants to also be able to help those who usually would not be able to afford lessons by giving free lessons.  

• Like 1