What are you Thankful for this Holiday season

Illinoismom

I will go first, During this pandemic my family has stayed health, no one has been really ill. Although last year we lost three friends to it. I am thankful I wake up every day . 2 years ago in Oct I was in the ICU with bleeding on the brain and blood pressure of 198. over something. They called the family and the red cross sent my son and his family home from Germany. They were planning Brain surgery when as quick as it started it stopped. Last year I had my hip replaced  best thing I ever did. Many know that I show dogs, I had made a goal and bucket list as you just never know. There are only three big shows that are invitation only Crufts in England, Royal Canine where they invite the top 10 owner handlers to complete for National owner handler where I believe the top prize is $10,000.00. And then Westminster kennel club dog show where the top 5 in every breed are invited to enter before any other. in order to enter Westminster your dog must be a Champion. My dog and I have been invited to both the Royal in Orlando where he was the number 5 Chow Chow. And then to Westminster where he is the number 3 Chow chow. We have decided to go to Westminster in Jan. This has been a dream and goal for as long as I can remember.    

Then this is his daughter who is up and coming she finished her championship at 8 months So I have a lot to be Thankful for. 

post-8112-0-33643600-1636114611_thumb.jpg

post-8112-0-14267900-1636114788_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Thankful that I, at least physically, survived working in healthcare during the worst of the pandemic. Thankful for my family and that my elderly parents are quite healthy 77 and 79 year olds. I have no children of my own so I’m Thankful that I have been able to help others, whether it be angel trees or senior trees. It makes me so happy that I am financially able to give someone a nice Christmas that otherwise might not have one.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I am thankful number one to still be here. I had covid pretty bad and was hospitalized for 12 days 2 days after last Christmas. I was on oxygen for months and out of work. I am so glad The Lord let me stay for a while longer. Second I am thankful for my family. My loving wife and kids mean the world to me. So many things we stress about really do not mean a thing.
  • Like 4

I am thankful we were able to move this year. Several people I know have been trying to find a house and haven't been able to. We are in a better area, have a house we love, but also we were able to pay off all our credit cards so our monthly bills are much smaller now. That is a big relief and makes a lot of things easier.
  • Like 2

I am thankful for my family. Life has been hard the last few years but over and over again I am reminded just how much God loves me and I am thankful for that. I am thankful for health and strength, for friends, for a sound mind, my loving wife, and for you who is reading this. This community has been a life line, you provide laughter when I am down and encouragement all around. I look forward to logging into it everyday even if I do not comment. 

• Like 3