GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Didnt make it up there yesterday. SO many people out shopping and BB was real busy so I skipped them.

I ventured out today.  BB did not have the television on display.  I think 1/3 of their display TVs were Sonly, 1/3 Samsung, and just a few of the other brands.  So, we demo the TV in my home.  I can't think of anything better to do on the day after Christmas than sit around watching television...seriously.

• Like 1

I ventured out today. BB did not have the television on display. I think 1/3 of their display TVs were Sonly, 1/3 Samsung, and just a few of the other brands. So, we demo the TV in my home. I can't think of anything better to do on the day after Christmas than sit around watching television...seriously.

Interested to hear some feedback on it. When I tried to go there I was about done with people. If I had one more rude person to deal with I was likely to do something unChristmas like. [emoji23]

Interested to hear some feedback on it. When I tried to go there I was about done with people. If I had one more rude person to deal with I was likely to do something unChristmas like. [emoji23]

I had a great time.  I love retail shopping.  Best Buy is a fun store.  Associates are not as savvy as I remember, but they do the best they can.  The Toshiba was not on display, but I looked at a 75" Hisense.  It looked great.  I will post my impressions Sunday.

• Like 1

I had a great time. I love retail shopping. Best Buy is a fun store. Associates are not as savvy as I remember, but they do the best they can. The Toshiba was not on display, but I looked at a 75" Hisense. It looked great. I will post my impressions Sunday.

The shopping part doesn’t bother me. I have a very low threshold for let’s just call it self centered behavior though and it seems to be out in spades rights now. :)

I saw they had the Hisense 75” for $549 on Sunday.

I just realized I never bought a ham for Christmas dinner. Hopefully, the stores still have some tomorrow or we will be serving chicken nuggets….which would probably be more popular anyway LOL

The stores by me still had plenty to choose from as of last night when I was out restocking for more baking today. Even had a fair number of Dearborn hams I had to convince myself not to go home with (because I’m only one person and my freezer is currently full! LOL) Hopefully you find the same over your way! [emoji4][emoji106]

• Like 1

I agree. Also doesn't help the weather Rollercoaster we are on

Yes no doubt there. Was 62 one day and 2” of snow the next here last week. Lol

The stores by me still had plenty to choose from as of last night when I was out restocking for more baking today. Even had a fair number of Dearborn hams I had to convince myself not to go home with (because I’m only one person and my freezer is currently full! LOL) Hopefully you find the same over your way! [emoji4][emoji106]

Ya Meijer by us had plenty a couple hours ago when we were in there picking up some things for my little ones teacher and wife’s work friends.

Dearborn ham is the best :)

• Like 1

I am off work from 12/17-1/3. However, so far there has been some kind of emergency almost every day.  The first day we bought a new vehicle (soooo not really an emergency but something that took DH and I out of town).  I found what I wanted and we jumped on it since trucks are hard to come by around here, and probably everywhere.  

Immediately left town to go the other direction out of state for a hockey tournament over the weekend.  Yesterday (Monday), DFIL, DMIL AND my own mother all had either medical or household emergencies that took a day to deal with. 

DMIL tells me that she doesn't want to do anything "big" for Christmas, so we are scaling way down to keep things low key.  I made an executive decision that we are having ribeyes for Christmas dinner!  I'm heading to the butcher tomorrow to pick it up, and DH will grill them Saturday.  We'll drop off gifts and food for the in-laws and spend the rest of the day playing with new toys. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice, so we may drag out DS10's new telescope to see what it can do that evening.

DS10 has a hockey goalie camp on the 27th/28th out of state, and on the 28th I am surprising both boys with a trip.  We come back on the 30th or 31st depending on when we get bored.  We'll have a couple of days of "rest" and then back to work. 

Tomorrow I HAVE to finish shopping.  DM just told me today that she wants a pair of boots for Christmas, but I am no dummy and will just take her shopping with me to pick them out. I still have a couple more gift certificates to buy, and I have completely neglected sending Christmas cards this year, so I'm going to do "New year" cards instead.  Hopefully they're mailed out before the 1st but who knows. 

• Like 3

First bonified TV deal of the season?

Toshiba 75" Class C350 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV 75C350KU - Best Buy

$500 75" Toshiba C350 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV

$429 Open Box

Free Shipping 

My TV arrived today.  I won't plug it in until Sunday.  The purchase includes three months of Apple TV+ and a month of Fubo TV.  I'm looking forward to sampling both.  The Fubo code must be redeemed by 12/31, so it'll get the first look.  Good review here...

https://www.tvguide.com/news/fubo-tv-review/

The Apple TV+ expires 3/31, so I will have some time to relax before sampling Apple's 'amazing' productions.

The set came from Best Buy.  They bring it to the room of your choice for free.  Very nice.  I had them leave it outside.  My son and I maneuvered it from the doorway to my bedroom.  Not heavy and the box has handles, but it was still big and my yard is covered in about four inches of ice.  Expect a review of this beast as my first post of 2022.  

Merry Christmas!

My TV arrived today. I won't plug it in until Sunday. The purchase includes three months of Apple TV+ and a month of Fubo TV. I'm looking forward to sampling both. The Fubo code must be redeemed by 12/31, so it'll get the first look. Good review here...

https://www.tvguide.com/news/fubo-tv-review/

The Apple TV+ expires 3/31, so I will have some time to relax before sampling Apple's 'amazing' productions.

The set came from Best Buy. They bring it to the room of your choice for free. Very nice. I had them leave it outside. My son and I maneuvered it from the doorway to my bedroom. Not heavy and the box has handles, but it was still big and my yard is covered in about four inches of ice. Expect a review of this beast as my first post of 2022.

Merry Christmas!

Very nice. Looking forward to hearing the review of it. I’m still wanting an 85” or 86”. Really want OLED but I’m too cheap for the prices they want right now.

75" happens to be the right size for my living room.  Not ready to put a television there yet, but when opportunity knocks, right?  The $499.99 price was the best I've seen.  I took a chance because I think the Hisense sets look nice.  I can always return it.  Of course, the free Dot, Fubi, and ATV+ did not hurt.  $25 off from Paypal sealed the deal for me.

• Like 1

Maybe try the link in the discord thread again. Wonder if that will add it again for you.

Already tried that when it first happened, before posting in the discord thread and messaging Brad. All it did was take me to Google Play store to reinstall, even though the button to reinstall says Installed.

What's strange is I've had no response from Brad anywhere, and he's usually very prompt in responding to messages and posts. I don't know if he's taking some down time for the holiday. But, I'll wait to delete and reinstall the app until I do hear from him, as everything else on it is working fine.

Already tried that when it first happened, before posting in the discord thread and messaging Brad. All it did was take me to Google Play store to reinstall, even though the button to reinstall says Installed.

What's strange is I've had no response from Brad anywhere, and he's usually very prompt in responding to messages and posts. I don't know if he's taking some down time for the holiday. But, I'll wait to delete and reinstall the app until I do hear from him, as everything else on it is working fine.

I would try it again now. I know I’ve had a couple Discord app updates in the past week and with one of them I had some flakiness.

Yes I do believe Brad is recouping from BF still. Hear a lot less from him for a month or two after it ends. :)