Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

• Please log in to reply
1038 replies to this topic

#1021 magickallight  ONLINE  

magickallight

• 78,348 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 12, 2022 - 12:21 am

Have a Happy

20220912012047x250x156.jpg

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#1022 stacya  OFFLINE  

stacya

I shop for sport!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 12, 2022 - 3:59 pm

Happy September! Kids are back in school, with my oldest away at college for the first time, so a huge adjustment in our home. My youngest boy just got his driver's license a couple of days ago. And my 13 year old daughter, my National Team luge athlete, has six weeks of training scheduled for this winter. We are busy!!

#1023 ytmomof4  OFFLINE  

ytmomof4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 14, 2022 - 4:30 pm

Not sure if I checked in for the month so here I am. It’s been one crazy month already

#1024 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 15, 2022 - 2:49 pm

Not sure if I checked in for the month so here I am. It’s been one crazy month already

I am with you. I just want a few days to myself to treat me to whatever and sleep. 

#1025 momlori  OFFLINE  

momlori

Reading in the mountains

• 2,100 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 15, 2022 - 3:45 pm

Welcome September

#1026 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,546 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 16, 2022 - 7:01 am

100 days until Christmas!

I went to a small town Walmart yesterday and they had all clearance clothing & shoes for $1. The lines were like Black Friday, it was crazy in there.

#1027 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• 1,426 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 16, 2022 - 4:47 pm

100 days until Christmas!

I went to a small town Walmart yesterday and they had all clearance clothing & shoes for $1. The lines were like Black Friday, it was crazy in there.

The last time I ventured into one of my 2 Walmart stores I couldn’t believe the amount of toys on clearance.  

#1028 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 3,342 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 16, 2022 - 6:56 pm

The last time I ventured into one of my 2 Walmart stores I couldn’t believe the amount of toys on clearance.

We look in the clearance toys all the time for our nieces and nephews.

#1029 snowpup  OFFLINE  

snowpup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,295 Posts
  • Member since 2014

Posted Sep 21, 2022 - 12:27 pm

Happy September

#1030 magickallight  ONLINE  

magickallight

• 78,348 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 21, 2022 - 9:05 pm

20220920134637x250x187.jpg

#1031 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• 1,017 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 22, 2022 - 5:24 am

I realize I totally fell off the planet from here for a bit (and I know I’m out of the running, dang it - my own fault).

Been a busy summer and now I’m in the middle of house hunting for the first time in my adult life. My rent increased 10% last year and another 20% this year (after multiple previous year increases of <5% which were manageable). With this year’s jump, I finally decided enough was enough and that the costs of renting here are now outweighing the benefits. Time to move. Time to buy a house. So… Yikes (!!!) but also Yay!!! And my dad has just told me that, once I’m moved in, I will have a lawnmower! Woooooo!!! (And yes, when I realized I was excited about a lawnmower, I had the “oh gosh… I’m really an adult, aren’t I” moment. Ha!) I’ve literally been in this same complex ever since I finished school and I’ve been in this apartment for 17 years. Soooo there’s some amount of “this is a bit of a scary leap” since I’m doing this on my own but I know it’s time and I’m excited by some of the properties I’ve already seen in my early searches that are actually in my desired price range.

On the other hand, I’m dealing with health issues in my tortie kitty girl, Mew. We’ve discovered hyperthyroidism and a mild heart murmur as a result of two seizure-like episodes she’s experienced over the last few weeks that my vet believes are “vascular events”. We have a thyroid recheck tomorrow (2 weeks on the meds) and I am to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist for sooner than later once we confirm we’re bringing the thyroid issue under control (hopefully that confirmation will come as a result of the appt tomorrow). Little miss Mew is almost 15 and we need to understand cause of these episodes that are scaring her and giving this kitty mama my own “vascular event” when they’ve happened.

With BF coming just around the corner, I knew it was high time for me to pop my head back up around here and check in. Hope the rest of my GD fam is well and ready for our favorite time of the year!

Here’s Mew last night after her most recent episode giving me the “what, mom? I’m fine!” look.
Attached File  IMG_6341.JPG   637.12KB   8 downloads

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#1032 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Sep 22, 2022 - 6:50 am

10f7c24436c0a0a8887bb50a37937edb.jpg

#1033 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,546 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 22, 2022 - 7:02 am

Fall has definitely arrived here. Yesterday was 88°, today it’s 60° 🥶

#1034 magickallight  ONLINE  

magickallight

• 78,348 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 22, 2022 - 7:23 am

Fall has definitely arrived here. Yesterday was 88°, today it’s 60°

PLEASE send those temps our way - we are breaking records and "may" hit 100 today. :(

#1035 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• 1,017 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 22, 2022 - 8:01 am

Fall has definitely arrived here. Yesterday was 88°, today it’s 60° 🥶

Absolute reality check for sure. The wind isn’t helping, either! 🥶🥶🥶

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#1036 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 3,637 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 22, 2022 - 9:02 am

I should have posted this yesterday...

#1037 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 22, 2022 - 11:24 am

I realize I totally fell off the planet from here for a bit (and I know I’m out of the running, dang it - my own fault).

Been a busy summer and now I’m in the middle of house hunting for the first time in my adult life. My rent increased 10% last year and another 20% this year (after multiple previous year increases of <5% which were manageable). With this year’s jump, I finally decided enough was enough and that the costs of renting here are now outweighing the benefits. Time to move. Time to buy a house. So… Yikes (!!!) but also Yay!!! And my dad has just told me that, once I’m moved in, I will have a lawnmower! Woooooo!!! (And yes, when I realized I was excited about a lawnmower, I had the “oh gosh… I’m really an adult, aren’t I” moment. Ha!) I’ve literally been in this same complex ever since I finished school and I’ve been in this apartment for 17 years. Soooo there’s some amount of “this is a bit of a scary leap” since I’m doing this on my own but I know it’s time and I’m excited by some of the properties I’ve already seen in my early searches that are actually in my desired price range.

On the other hand, I’m dealing with health issues in my tortie kitty girl, Mew. We’ve discovered hyperthyroidism and a mild heart murmur as a result of two seizure-like episodes she’s experienced over the last few weeks that my vet believes are “vascular events”. We have a thyroid recheck tomorrow (2 weeks on the meds) and I am to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist for sooner than later once we confirm we’re bringing the thyroid issue under control (hopefully that confirmation will come as a result of the appt tomorrow). Little miss Mew is almost 15 and we need to understand cause of these episodes that are scaring her and giving this kitty mama my own “vascular event” when they’ve happened.

With BF coming just around the corner, I knew it was high time for me to pop my head back up around here and check in. Hope the rest of my GD fam is well and ready for our favorite time of the year!

Here’s Mew last night after her most recent episode giving me the “what, mom? I’m fine!” look.
attachicon.gif IMG_6341.JPG

I wondered why I hadn’t seen you post in awhile.

Congrats on making the decision to buy. Just don’t rush! We looked at dozens before we bought. We would drive by before we asked to see inside. Make sure to have inspections and survey. It’s not offensive. (And you Gotta cover your own rear)!

Hope your kitty gets better.

#1038 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 3,637 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 22, 2022 - 12:34 pm

Happy National Elephant Day!
FB-IMG-1663878510409.jpg

#1039 mjbateman  OFFLINE  

mjbateman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Yesterday, 1:56 pm

The weather is shifting here in the ATL. Nice crisp mornings but the sun beams by midday it warms up. I am loving it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users