GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Happy September! Kids are back in school, with my oldest away at college for the first time, so a huge adjustment in our home. My youngest boy just got his driver's license a couple of days ago. And my 13 year old daughter, my National Team luge athlete, has six weeks of training scheduled for this winter. We are busy!!

I realize I totally fell off the planet from here for a bit (and I know I’m out of the running, dang it - my own fault).

Been a busy summer and now I’m in the middle of house hunting for the first time in my adult life. My rent increased 10% last year and another 20% this year (after multiple previous year increases of <5% which were manageable). With this year’s jump, I finally decided enough was enough and that the costs of renting here are now outweighing the benefits. Time to move. Time to buy a house. So… Yikes (!!!) but also Yay!!! And my dad has just told me that, once I’m moved in, I will have a lawnmower! Woooooo!!! (And yes, when I realized I was excited about a lawnmower, I had the “oh gosh… I’m really an adult, aren’t I” moment. Ha!) I’ve literally been in this same complex ever since I finished school and I’ve been in this apartment for 17 years. Soooo there’s some amount of “this is a bit of a scary leap” since I’m doing this on my own but I know it’s time and I’m excited by some of the properties I’ve already seen in my early searches that are actually in my desired price range. [emoji16]

On the other hand, I’m dealing with health issues in my tortie kitty girl, Mew. We’ve discovered hyperthyroidism and a mild heart murmur as a result of two seizure-like episodes she’s experienced over the last few weeks that my vet believes are “vascular events”. We have a thyroid recheck tomorrow (2 weeks on the meds) and I am to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist for sooner than later once we confirm we’re bringing the thyroid issue under control (hopefully that confirmation will come as a result of the appt tomorrow). Little miss Mew is almost 15 and we need to understand cause of these episodes that are scaring her and giving this kitty mama my own “vascular event” when they’ve happened.

With BF coming just around the corner, I knew it was high time for me to pop my head back up around here and check in. Hope the rest of my GD fam is well and ready for our favorite time of the year! [emoji170]

Here’s Mew last night after her most recent episode giving me the “what, mom? I’m fine!” look.

post-90150-16638530626_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

I realize I totally fell off the planet from here for a bit (and I know I’m out of the running, dang it - my own fault).

Been a busy summer and now I’m in the middle of house hunting for the first time in my adult life. My rent increased 10% last year and another 20% this year (after multiple previous year increases of <5% which were manageable). With this year’s jump, I finally decided enough was enough and that the costs of renting here are now outweighing the benefits. Time to move. Time to buy a house. So… Yikes (!!!) but also Yay!!! And my dad has just told me that, once I’m moved in, I will have a lawnmower! Woooooo!!! (And yes, when I realized I was excited about a lawnmower, I had the “oh gosh… I’m really an adult, aren’t I” moment. Ha!) I’ve literally been in this same complex ever since I finished school and I’ve been in this apartment for 17 years. Soooo there’s some amount of “this is a bit of a scary leap” since I’m doing this on my own but I know it’s time and I’m excited by some of the properties I’ve already seen in my early searches that are actually in my desired price range. [emoji16]

On the other hand, I’m dealing with health issues in my tortie kitty girl, Mew. We’ve discovered hyperthyroidism and a mild heart murmur as a result of two seizure-like episodes she’s experienced over the last few weeks that my vet believes are “vascular events”. We have a thyroid recheck tomorrow (2 weeks on the meds) and I am to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist for sooner than later once we confirm we’re bringing the thyroid issue under control (hopefully that confirmation will come as a result of the appt tomorrow). Little miss Mew is almost 15 and we need to understand cause of these episodes that are scaring her and giving this kitty mama my own “vascular event” when they’ve happened.

With BF coming just around the corner, I knew it was high time for me to pop my head back up around here and check in. Hope the rest of my GD fam is well and ready for our favorite time of the year! [emoji170]

Here’s Mew last night after her most recent episode giving me the “what, mom? I’m fine!” look.

attachicon.gifIMG_6341.JPG

I wondered why I hadn’t seen you post in awhile.

Congrats on making the decision to buy. Just don’t rush! We looked at dozens before we bought. We would drive by before we asked to see inside. Make sure to have inspections and survey. It’s not offensive. (And you Gotta cover your own rear)!

Hope your kitty gets better.

• Like 1

I can't believe September is almost over already. This year seems to be going by quickly. It is definitely autumn here. Over the weekend, it was warm one minute and chilly the next minute. Time to figure out my Christmas lists and write down what gifts I've already picked up for my family. 

I'm so sorry about your kitty, I hope everything gets all sorted out. Poor kitty, and poor mama!

How exciting to be looking for a house! Congrats! I'm so excited for you. :)

IMG_6341.JPG

Prizes will ship in the next day or so.

Due to the package being under 3/4" in thickness they don't qualify for tracking so just give them a couple weeks to get there and for some reason if you never get one send me a PM and I have a few extras.

They'll be arriving in a white poly mailer with an ebay logo on them because the mailers were free from ebay and they fit lol

• Like 6