GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Ha! I love being an adult and not having to face a new school year. The best thing about Adult Ed is that it is in the evening :D

I like learning stuff but the only school days I liked were the first day and the last day. But I did have some really good teachers :)

Happy August

It's August!

I remember when school started after labor day. No kids in school, but have grands starting school this week. Getting ready to attend camp with my special needs daughter next week. Mother/daughter bonding time. Big yard sale with my sister next month. Fun stuff.

• Like 2

Feel better soon!

SAME!!! I left teaching at the end of the school year and transitioned right into my new job. It sucks not to have summers off but it is really nice not to have the existential dread of summer ending and going back to school. I’m actually looking FORWARD to September because that’s when things really get fun at my new job!

Anyway - this is my check-in for August. After 2 1/2 years of avoiding it, I tested positive for COVID on Saturday. UGH!!! Right now I thankfully have a mild case but it is still not fun…bad headache, very achy, etc. My coworkers at my new job are fantastic, within minutes of me texting them they had my shifts covered and assured me everything was all good. [emoji171][emoji171][emoji171]

Stay safe out there everyone!!!

Oh no!  I am so very, very sorry!

Not a good start for the month for me. Got a text early Monday morning no son wants to see about their father. My dad passed away.

Happy August everyone!  This is my birthday month (I'll be 44).  We are about to get busy.  We homeschool and my daughter started back to school in July (10th grade), but next week my daughter starts piano lessons again (we took off June and July).  She also will be doing a homeschool drama club (they are doing Annie).  She will also start back to orchestra in September (first time since Mar 2020) but the meeting is in August and she will be starting private violin lessons back again (first since Mar 2020).  

We are going to be busy, but we love it!

Checking in for August. July was a long and stressful month. My daughter had to go through a 91/2 hour surgery on her knee. It wasn’t just any knee surgery but we had to wait for a donor( which is a mixed blessing) she had to get an alograph. Using donor bone,cartilage and miniscus. She is only 16.
  • Like 1

Checking in for August. July was a long and stressful month. My daughter had to go through a 91/2 hour surgery on her knee. It wasn’t just any knee surgery but we had to wait for a donor( which is a mixed blessing) she had to get an alograph. Using donor bone,cartilage and miniscus. She is only 16.

May her healing be easy, at the proper pace, and effective.

I hope she feels well soon!

Checking in for August,  for me, that means, fall is about to be here and my kids are starting back to school this Wednesday, it doesn't even feel like the kids have been out that long and feels like time is just flying by.  Time needs to slowwww down!

• Like 1

Oh my goodness!  Hope her recovery goes as planned!!!! 

Man, I swear that the thunder is shaking the house! Got up at 11:30pm to start a Hawaiian pork roast that has to cook on low in the crock pot for 16 to 20 hours - and now if we lose power - I am in deep dodo! :(

Oh my!  That sounds delicious though! 

PS……you can send some of that rain up my way! 

• Like 1