GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Still going round with Lowe's. Using small microwave out of my husband's truck. Mass removed, no complications, yeah! Celebrated 30th anniversary- got my GREEN diamonds! Everyone doing good. So far, things looking up for the 2nd half of the year!
  • Like 3

Happy Birthday to someone,

Happy Birthday to someone!

Happy Birthday tooooo....

... umm, too, err, gee I must be a year older because my memory is going...

Oh! Now I remember! ...

... to ME! :bday3::2party::gd_partyu

You dont look a day over 97. Happy Birthday [emoji322]
  • Like 1

How is it August already?? Normally about now I would be panicking that my summer was almost over, but I left teaching in March. No more summers off :-(

SAME!!! I left teaching at the end of the school year and transitioned right into my new job. It sucks not to have summers off but it is really nice not to have the existential dread of summer ending and going back to school. I’m actually looking FORWARD to September because that’s when things really get fun at my new job!

Anyway - this is my check-in for August. After 2 1/2 years of avoiding it, I tested positive for COVID on Saturday. UGH!!! Right now I thankfully have a mild case but it is still not fun…bad headache, very achy, etc. My coworkers at my new job are fantastic, within minutes of me texting them they had my shifts covered and assured me everything was all good. [emoji171][emoji171][emoji171]

Stay safe out there everyone!!!

I'm with everyone else wondering how it is August. What happened to summer?  I am not ready for school to start (and I'm just a parent, not a teacher).  They've changed the start time for one kid's school to 7:30 and I don't like that, either.  <insert grumpy bear here> LOL

In other news, our chickens have finally started laying a few eggs with some regularity, so that's exciting!  Hockey tryouts start tonight, so I guess we'll see if all of the summer training paid off for the boys. Also coming up this month, DH's birthday, the state fair, and the kickoff to the Holiday Grand Plan (Christmas readiness plan)!  

stina629, I hope you are feeling better quickly and that your C-19 case stays mild!  

Happy dog days of August……more heat and humidity my way.  We got very little rain out of this last system that moved through while some parts of the state got over 3 inches.  It’s like there was dome over my city.  More lawn watering in my future I’m afraid.  <sigh>

• Like 1

Checking in for August, and I really have nothing to talk about.  I try to think of something to mention, but this month- nothing.  Maybe I'll check back in later in the month with something to talk about.  Until then I'll try to think of something.

• Like 1

August. School starts Wednesday. Saturday we are moving youngest into his new apartment, after moving all his stuff home from school housing this weekend.

And my grandson turns 1 at the end of the month.

I think that's enough adventure here for me!

• Like 1

Happy August! This year is flying! My oldest is a college freshman this year, attending Temple University, and his move-in date is in two weeks. Will be looking for some bargains to finish up any last minute shopping we need to do, but for the most part, we're all done!