GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Checking in from the sick bay………I made it nearly 2.5 years and while working in the middle of Covid testing before catching it and boom, it hit me like a ton of bricks Saturday, while out of town for the holiday weekend.  I needed a vacation from work and my bum foot needed a long rest to recover from a horrible plantar fasciitis “outbreak” but not like this.  Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.  

Oof, hope you are on the mend quickly...I know a few folks who have just recently tested positive for Covid after making it all the way through the first 2.5 years. Everyone seems to be recovering so far. *fingers crossed*

Checking in from the sick bay………I made it nearly 2.5 years and while working in the middle of Covid testing before catching it and boom, it hit me like a ton of bricks Saturday, while out of town for the holiday weekend.  I needed a vacation from work and my bum foot needed a long rest to recover from a horrible plantar fasciitis “outbreak” but not like this.  Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

Feel well soon!

Torrid gifted me another $25 Torrid Cash for use in store only, good today through Sunday. I don't have the budget for new clothes currently. Since we can now gift Torrid Cash, is anyone interested in it?

Spent the day at the hospital. Had a follow up visit with my hematologist and then spent seven hours in emergency trying to track down the reason for the severe left hip pain I've had for over two weeks. X-rays and CAT scan confirm an old lumbar fracture I had no idea about, but current pain source is unknown. Prescribed muscle relaxant and PT, and hope for the best.

I'll continue to see my chiropractor as well.

Our school district was closed last week for the holiday, so I had the week off, which was new. It was nice, but I am ready to get back to work. July is my busiest time right before the school year starts, and I'm a little stressed I have lost a week. But it will be fine.

New teachers start next Wednesday, so I have 6 business days to get everything ready. And then it takes off from there! Here we go! :)

Hope everyone has a great rest of their summer!

WOW!  I was thinking to myself that I need to start getting back into "school" mode...and I still have 6 weeks until inservice begins!

Our school district was closed last week for the holiday, so I had the week off, which was new. It was nice, but I am ready to get back to work. July is my busiest time right before the school year starts, and I'm a little stressed I have lost a week. But it will be fine.
New teachers start next Wednesday, so I have 6 business days to get everything ready. And then it takes off from there! Here we go! :)

Hope everyone has a great rest of their summer!

I hope you are feeling better!

Checking in from the sick bay………I made it nearly 2.5 years and while working in the middle of Covid testing before catching it and boom, it hit me like a ton of bricks Saturday, while out of town for the holiday weekend. I needed a vacation from work and my bum foot needed a long rest to recover from a horrible plantar fasciitis “outbreak” but not like this. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

• Like 1

Feel better soon!

I am hoping to avoid covid next week while working election. Have N95 and bought face shields off eBay yesterday.

Then the new variant is about.....

As if Covid wasn’t enough…….now I have bronchitis…….so far I’m not feeling too bad with it but lord let me tell you…..I AM SO TIRED OF THIS AWFUL HEAT! Going outside in a mask and face shield to swab a patient for Covid in these excessive heat warnings is for the d^^n birds.  I need a new job.  

And thanks for the well wishes! I ended up with a mild case except for the cough and fatigue so if I had to get it that’s they only way I would want it. 

Edited by HanShotFirst
  • Like 3

As if Covid wasn’t enough…….now I have bronchitis…….so far I’m not feeling too bad with it but lord let me tell you…..I AM SO TIRED OF THIS AWFUL HEAT! Going outside in a mask and face shield to swab a patient for Covid in these excessive heat warnings is for the d^^n birds.  I need a new job.  

And thanks for the well wishes! I ended up with a mild case except for the cough and fatigue so if I had to get it that’s they only way I would want it. 

20220721194103x250x166.jpg

• Like 1

Banana Republic Factory style cash - ugh.

You receive it based on what you purchased. The week you can spend it, it's not like Kohl's cash, where it's just money - you have to spend X dollars to get Y off

If you had spent $200, you earned up to $100 in Style Cash.

But the week you have to spend it, you need to spend another $200 to get the $100 off. Or you could spend 30-50 and get $15 off, and progresses from there.

The prices have increased from the period where I bought things to earn the cash, and there's nothing left to really get, so meh. Unspent it is.

EDIT: wait, i can convert it to Rewards. I'll do that!

Up to your edit, that's how Torrid Cash tends to work as well, although they've been giving out free Cash as incentives lately. I've been mostly gifting it to others, or leaving it unspent. I haven't seen an option to convert it to rewards; I would also do that in an instant.