GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

The first musical I've ever been cast in. Local friends are welcome in person if comfortable with the socially distancing protocols in place. If not comfortable, Zoom viewing is also available, both for locals and those elsewhere.

I'm not in great voice, and memorizing lines is a beast; I'm almost embarrassed to invite folks for my performance. But, we're definitely community theater, and working on it has been fun. Come share our joy in telling this Mark Twain tale.

KAMP-Prince-Pauper-poster-18x24-printrea

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 2

The first musical I've ever been cast in. Local friends are welcome in person if comfortable with the socially distancing protocols in place. If not comfortable, Zoom viewing is also available, both for locals and those elsewhere.

I'm not in great voice, and memorizing lines is a beast; I'm almost embarrassed to invite folks for my performance. But, we're definitely community theater, and working on it has been fun. Come share our joy in telling this Mark Twain tale.

KAMP-Prince-Pauper-poster-18x24-printrea

In case anyone is interested, here is the information to Zoom in to the show. Times are Pacific Standard Time:

Friday: Topic: Prince and The Pauper

Time: Nov 12, 2021 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2993207340

Meeting ID: 299 320 7340

Saturday matinee: Topic: Prince and The Pauper Musical

Time: Nov 13, 2021 02:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Saturday evening: Topic: Prince and The Pauper Musical

Time: Nov 13, 2021 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

In-person tickets are $10, Zoom is by donation. You can donate at the KAMP website, https://www.kampmusic.org/.

Hope to see you there one way or another!

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 3

First dress rehearsal for the musical tonight. Whoever decided to give me two roles, where the end of Act 1 is scene/scene in one character, next scene as the other character (with costume change, including wigs), and back to the first character to close out the act is really challenging this novice performer!
  • Like 1

I am looking for a meatless meal or a couple meatless meals to add to my menu.  These would be for weeknights, so slow cooker or instant pot recipes would be great.  The thing is we're not vegans or vegetarians, so I would not want to be 'settling' for something simply because it is meatless.

Things we avoid in our diet: white potato, white bread, white rice, and pasta.

So far, I see stir-fry ideas, meatless Chinese, and meatless Mexican (bean burritos, cauliflower rice).

Some recipes I want to try...

Anyone love a meatless meal?

• Like 1

For those interested, first performance of The Prince and The Pauper is in a little over an hour.

I tried watching via Zoom. It seemed everyone was doing a great job, and I could tell you all were very good at projecting your voices. Unfortunately, I just couldn't understand the words anyone was saying (because, you know, Zoom).  

• Like 1

I am looking for a meatless meal or a couple meatless meals to add to my menu. These would be for weeknights, so slow cooker or instant pot recipes would be great. The thing is we're not vegans or vegetarians, so I would not want to be 'settling' for something simply because it is meatless.

So I'm pretty boring. When I want a meatless meal, I just cook a big pot of beans, make some homemade bread, and then maybe make some greens or some other veggie. You could definitely cook them in the instant pot, I have done that. But some of the smaller beans cook on the stove in a couple hours. But for weeknights you'll probably want the faster instant pot.

I love the Rancho Gordo heirloom beans. My favorites are Good Mother Stallard, Rio Zape, and Cranberry. They are fresher than grocery store bought and cook faster. They also have a lot of recipes on the site, but I'm just not that fancy!

https://www.ranchogordo.com/collections/heirloom-beans

https://www.ranchogordo.com/blogs/recipes

Now I'm in the mood for beans, and no plans for dinner. Guess I'll go start a pot now! Yum.

Edited by bluebear
  • Like 1

I am looking for a meatless meal or a couple meatless meals to add to my menu.  These would be for weeknights, so slow cooker or instant pot recipes would be great.  The thing is we're not vegans or vegetarians, so I would not want to be 'settling' for something simply because it is meatless.

Things we avoid in our diet: white potato, white bread, white rice, and pasta.

So far, I see stir-fry ideas, meatless Chinese, and meatless Mexican (bean burritos, cauliflower rice).

Some recipes I want to try...

Anyone love a meatless meal?
My favorite to serve vegetarians (with butter) or vegans (with olive oil) as an entreé for a festive meal such as Thanksgiving or Passover is an apple stuffed acorn squash with walnuts and dried cranberries. Back in the day, when acorn squash were much smaller, I would serve one stuffed half as a side dish to those eating a different entreé, and two stuffed halves to the vegetarians/vegans. Nowadays the acorn squash I come across are huge, so a half is good for an entreé. If wanted as a side, a stuffed half could be quartered to serve that way.

Stuffed Acorn Squash with Apple Stuffing

Acorn Squash, split in half and seeds removed

Softened butter or extra light tasting olive oil

Salt, to taste

Ground cinnamon, to taste

Brown sugar, to taste*

Apples, peeled and cubed, about one small per squash

Chopped walnuts, to taste

Dry or sweet red wine, to taste

Dried cranberries, to taste

Spread butter or olive oil over the inside flesh of the squash. Sprinkle with salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar. You don't want to make it overly sweet, but you do want to give the flesh some flavor.

Wrap in foil. I usually place the wrapped squash seam side up directly on a center oven rack and roast for 45 minutes at 350°F, but you could try putting them in a crockpot. Roast until they are just turning tender, you're going to be baking them some more, so you don't want them so soft they fall apart.

Meanwhile, soak the dried cranberries in enough red wine to just cover until softened. Melt some butter or heat some olive oil. Sauté the apple cubes until just tender, season with salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Again, not to sweet. Remove from heat and add the walnuts and cranberries with the soaking liquid. Stir together to combine.

Remove the squash from the foil and place cut side up in a baking dish. Fill the cavities with the apple mixture. Heat oven to 375°F. Place baking dish on center rack and bake for another half an hour to 45 minutes, until the squash easily gives when squeezed.

Even with a crockpot, it is not a quick dish. But, it is definitely a worthy meatless meal.

• Like 1