GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

I'm not looking forward to this wintery mess headed our way! At least I work from home, so aside from an eye dr appointment tomorrow afternoon, I shouldn't have to get out in it. On the other hand, my son has had a trip to Texas planned for a while (his best friend lives down there), and because he thinks he's bullet proof I'm probably not going to be able to talk him into postponing it (he's 26, so it's not like I can just tell him he can't go).

• Like 1

Happy February!  

We are getting ready for the snowpocalypse that's heading our way later this evening.  DS10 picked out new winter boots, pants, gloves and a snow shovel yesterday...I think he thinks he's going to make some money shoveling drives.  We have a snowplow, but he is determined to shovel.  We'll see how long that lasts!  lol

Meanwhile, the boys' hockey season is in full swing and will not slow down with additional snow, so I'm loading up my truck with handwarmers, blankets, flashlights, extra water, etc.  

I just got back from one last trip to the grocery store for ground beef ($2.89/lb) so I can make some vegetable soup and chili. DS11 has finally reached an age where he appreciates homemade soup!  

Hope everyone is safe and warm!  

• Like 1

Come on down - I just had to put our air conditioner on! :(

thanks for the invite,,,just  so you now I come with 10 pounds of baggage in the form of my Coton (dog)and she is really high maintainence..better turn ya down will be down soon to visit my grands in georgia...lol

Waiting for the 10”-15” of snow to come. Have to unbox and set the new snow blower tomorrow.

In 2002, I bought this beast of a snow thrower -- a 9 Horsepower, Electric Start, 29-inch Dual Stage Craftsman snow blower.  Twenty years (and a few parts) later, it's still going strong.  But it's huge and 90% of the time, it's unnecessary.  In 2018, I bought a Craftsman 88694 26" 208cc Dual-Stage Zero-Turn Snowblower.  It's smaller (5 HPish), quieter, and a lot easier to use with remote chute controls and zero turn.  I gottadeal.  It was $700 minus $257 in Shop Your Way points. 

First time I changed the oil, I looked for a manual online because I thought it would be easier than sifting through my collection of manuals.  Instead of finding the oil type and capacity, I found this youtube video about installing a light on the machine.  So I ordered the parts.  $34.78.  The parts came in on the day of a big snow storm.  After I cleared the driveway, I found them in my mailbox.  Next morning I installed a light on my snow blower.

When I finished, as I was admiring my handywork, my youngest son comes into the garage...

Paul: "What are you doing?" 

Me: "I just installed a light on the snow blower."

Paul: "Are you going to get rid of the old one?"

Me: "No.  It works fine."

Paul: "But it doesn't have a light."

Me: "I don't need a light.  I've been clearing the driveway without a light for 20 years.  I could clear this driveway in my sleep."

Paul: "Then why did you put a light on the new snow blower?"

Me: "Because I can.  You'll understand when you get a little older."

Hope you get your blizzard.  Hope it ends in the dark.  I really wonder how well that light works...

• Like 1

Happy February all!  No school here tomorrow due to expected snow (my oldest is a senior in HS so I still enjoy a good snow day with her home).  I will be working from home tomorrow; thankfully have no appointments outside the house (which I probably would have rescheduled).

In 2002, I bought this beast of a snow thrower -- a 9 Horsepower, Electric Start, 29-inch Dual Stage Craftsman snow blower. Twenty years (and a few parts) later, it's still going strong. But it's huge and 90% of the time, it's unnecessary. In 2018, I bought a Craftsman 88694 26" 208cc Dual-Stage Zero-Turn Snowblower. It's smaller (5 HPish), quieter, and a lot easier to use with remote chute controls and zero turn. I gottadeal. It was $700 minus $257 in Shop Your Way points.

First time I changed the oil, I looked for a manual online because I thought it would be easier than sifting through my collection of manuals. Instead of finding the oil type and capacity, I found this youtube video about installing a light on the machine. So I ordered the parts. $34.78. The parts came in on the day of a big snow storm. After I cleared the driveway, I found them in my mailbox. Next morning I installed a light on my snow blower.

When I finished, as I was admiring my handywork, my youngest son comes into the garage...

Paul: "What are you doing?"

Me: "I just installed a light on the snow blower."

Paul: "Are you going to get rid of the old one?"

Me: "No. It works fine."

Paul: "But it doesn't have a light."

Me: "I don't need a light. I've been clearing the driveway without a light for 20 years. I could clear this driveway in my sleep."

Paul: "Then why did you put a light on the new snow blower?"

Me: "Because I can. You'll understand when you get a little older."

Hope you get your blizzard. Hope it ends in the dark. I really wonder how well that light works...

Ya they don’t get we don’t always do things because we need to we do them because we can. [emoji4]

I told the wife since we went and bought the snowblower that it will probably be 70 degrees and we will get no snow. [emoji23]

• Like 1