What do you put in your kids' stockings?

kimpooh19

When my boys were little, I loaded their stocking up with candy.  When they were really little, I put a stuffed animal on top, but as they grew out of liking those it was just the candy. Like the $1 boxes of Starburst, Nerds, Skittles, etc. Maybe a candy cane tube of Hershey's kisses (the only chocolate my oldest liked) so something hung over the top. 

• Like 2

Santa still brings me a stocking and I get candy, gum, gift cards, small tubes hand lotion, hand sanitizer, scratch-off tickets, cash, lip balm. Ear Buds in years past. 

for your older boys….travel size grooming items.  Hot wheels/little people cars for the 2 younger. Small side packages of your baby’s favorite snacks/juice pouches so there is something in there to match gum/candy.  My mom was and still is big on matching gifts for my sister and I. Not necessarily the exact same item for us. It a shirt and a shirt, pair of shoes and a pair of shoes, etc. 

Edited by HanShotFirst
  • Like 2

I asked my husband what he got growing up. He usually always got candy, scratch offs, socks and toiletries in his stocking along with something related to one of his interests (hot wheels, t-balls, trading cards etc.). Once he started playing golf with his dad in high school he would also get golf balls and tees. Edited by budgetsRsexy
  • Like 1

I do 2 stockings for each boy. They both are into sports, so one stocking is filled with stuff related to that: hockey tape, sock tape, skate socks, laces, mouth guards, whatever odds and ends we haven't used from a subscription box we get each month, etc.  

The other stocking gets video game gc, fast food gc, candy, toothpaste, a new toothbrush, deodorant (now that they are old enough to stink!), charger cables, earbuds, body wash, etc.  

My mom always had an orange and mixed nuts in the toe of her stocking when she was growing up. Sometimes I will follow that tradition if I have oranges on hand and think of it. 

• Like 1

When I was a kid, mom had a tradition of putting slinky's, yo-yo's, a fat peppermint stick, the storybook lifesaver box and other candy. Those were staples each year but she would add apples, oranges, candy and sometimes silly putty. 

Stocking for my kids are a little different. I put cologn/body spray for my boys, gift cards, socks,Their favorite candybars, phone chargers etc. For my daughter, Bath N Body Works sanitizers and mini lotions, jewlery, make up, socks, Candy, body spray's etc. 

I love to work on stockings. Sometimes they get DVDs on the latest movies out and I always try to have something hanging over the top. Most all of the items are individually wrapped also.