Walmart Black Friday Event #1 (11/3 to 11/7)

Brad

As usual, the $5/$10 toys- specifically the figurine sets and maybe the giant blind bag- and cheap towels will get me to deal with a glitchy Walmart app for the first event. 2nd ad was a total bust for me unless the online movie selection is surprisingly good.

I'm not optimistic about their site handling the load that starting earlier in the day will bring. It's bad enough when the sales started in the late evening; starting at 7pm ET/ + members at 3pm, I predict extra traffic and a slow, unpleasant shopping experience. I hope I'm wrong but the year I was up til 2am arguing with that site trying to out with a mattress in a box left me scarred/cynical.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if the TV will be online and instore

It looks like all the items in both ads should be available online (starting on Wednesday) and in stores (starting on Friday).

There doesn't appear to be any online-only or in store-only deals like in past years, at least not for the first 2 ads.

• Like 1

I'm not optimistic about their site handling the load that starting earlier in the day will bring. It's bad enough when the sales started in the late evening; starting at 7pm ET/ + members at 3pm, I predict extra traffic and a slow, unpleasant shopping experience. I hope I'm wrong but the year I was up til 2am arguing with that site trying to out with a mattress in a box left me scarred/cynical.

A couple months ago I was on when Halo Xboxes went on pre order. They changed the site a little with how it handles traffic, so I was actually pretty impressed and it went well. So hopefully they will use that method again.

When they say online, does that allow you to buy online and pick up in store at the sale price? Or is that for shipped items only?

Last year you were for sure able to order one and pick up in store, even for the event items. I'm pretty sure though it had to be "ordered" and shipped to store though, as it seems like I remember having to wait a few days before going to get my item. And shipping to home was not an option for that item.

I would like to have the stainless trash can in the black stainless. Just a want so I’ll probably do what I do every year - try online; get mad; wait until early rush is over and go to the store. Lol. Hey it’s worked the last couple of years for the TVs. Still there at 10:30!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what I want but since it is the first sale I plan on buying something 

I made a list...socks, underwear, and washcloths.  LOL.  (if I remember correctly, though, the socks and underwear sold out online pretty quickly last year)

The phones on the site are not the flat price. You have to do the monthly installment plan with your carrier. Very confusing wording.

I noticed that in the ad when it came out those were just carrier upgrades really. Hopeful there will be prepaid phones like last year.

Still using the iPhone XR they had for $299 last year, with FREE unlimited service thanks to Safelink & the EBB (Emergency broadband benefit).

• Like 1

Sounds like you had a ROUGH move! I am so sorry! Hope you can find everything you need at a GREAT price to make things good again! :::HUGS::: :gdhug5:

Thank you so much!!!!

TV for $228 out of stock @ 7:02 [emoji24][emoji24] checked back 5 minutes later and was able to order one!!!!

Edited by tracy0504
  • Like 2