When do you plan to start decorating for the holidays this year?

Brad

Christmas decorating will be day after Thanksgiving.

Fall will be this weekend (hopefully, I'm still unpacking from moving a couple weeks ago).

Halloween will be maybe the weekend before Halloween (23-24), but since we are going out of town over Halloween, I probably won't do much.

Thanksgiving will be probably Nov 13-14.

• Like 2

I wish I were the type to decorate for fall. I would love to have a decorated house, I just don't like doing the decorating :).  I will start my Christmas decorations the week before Thanksgiving, and put up the tree and finish everything up the weekend after.

• Like 1

Already started decorating the inside for Fall/Halloween. Will decorate the outside this weekend for Fall/Halloween.

We will switch out the Halloween decorations for Thanksgiving decorations inside/out the first few days in Nov, it all depends on the weather for the outside decorations. 

For Christmas - we take down all the fall/Thanksgiving decorations the Friday/Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend and the put up the Christmas decorations inside/out the same weekend. 

We only carve pumpkins for Halloween and will do that on Saturday October 30th with some friends. My goal is to get my Christmas tree up the weekend of Black Friday (which will be a huge improvement on 2020 when I got it up on Christmas Eve, to say I was struggling to get in the holiday spirit last year would be an understatement). If I get more than the tree up then that’s great but I’ll be happy if I can just manage the tree that weekend.
  • Like 1

Fall decorating is done and will add some Halloween decorations to it this Friday. Vintage Christmas tree with vintage ornaments will go up mid November, the rest of Christmas decorations go up the day after Thanksgiving. We get a real Christmas tree so that will go up second week of December. Love decorating for Christmas!

We are going to do some fall/Halloween decorating probably next weekend (I need to pressure wash the porch this coming weekend).

Christmas will probably be right around BF. We aren’t going to go full blown this year as we have in years past. Planning to go away for Christmas so no real need.

Our house goes on the market Oct 11th because my husband can no longer keep up with the mowing and such outside. We are also so far out I worry with his health so we will be buying a house in town. Realtor says minimal decorations and such as the buyer needs to envision what the house would look like with their stuff so I have no clue what we’re gonna do.

Our house goes on the market Oct 11th because my husband can no longer keep up with the mowing and such outside. We are also so far out I worry with his health so we will be buying a house in town. Realtor says minimal decorations and such as the buyer needs to envision what the house would look like with their stuff so I have no clue what we’re gonna do.

If you’re market is anything like here it won’t last long so then you can do what you want lol
  • Like 1

Outside fall is up with the exception of my mums; hope to get those this weekend. Not doing much on the inside as we are doing some renovating right now. Hoping to be done by Thanksgiving [emoji1488] Where we are at with the work will determine if Thanksgiving decor goes up. Christmas is usually Black Friday weekend for the inside and a nice day in December for the outside.
  • Like 1

Halloween/Fall is done and very little at that.  I need some new scarecrows for outdoors so I might venture out this weekend and look around for some.  Not sure about Christmas this year.  I start a new job soon and my free time at home will be less than it is now so I may o lay get up one pencil tree this year.  I usually do my trees in early November though.  

Fall decor is up and has been up for about a month...planning on doing inside Christmas decor the first or second week of November this year and I'll do the outside after Thanksgiving. Decorating is a lot of work and I like to enjoy it for as long as possible. :D

Well, I'd be decorating for fall (outside) right now if I could find the stupid air pump to run the 10' pumpkin.  (insert grumbling about DH moving it)

Instead, I put up a 4' inflatable stack of pumpkins and that might be all we get done this fall. 

The pumpkin comes down on 11/1, and the 5' tall turkey goes up.  On 11/26 that will come down and the outside Christmas decorations will go up over the course of the following week. 

Inside is a different story.  We usually travel over Thanksgiving weekend, but we host Thanksgiving dinner at our house.  Our relatives get snippy if I have Christmas decorations up before T-day.  However, we didn't host last year, and this year is still up in the air, so I may start putting up some trees throughout the month of November.  

Our relatives get snippy if I have Christmas decorations up before T-day.  

Tell the relatives they are only allowed to get snippy if they are A) volunteering to host at their house, or B ) volunteering to do the decorating at your house. :)

Edited by Bopeep
  • Like 4

I am "one of those people" that need to have the outdoor Xmas decor up on Nov 1. I keep threatening my wife that I'm going to go thru with a CRAZY plan and this year might be it since Halloween falls on a Sunday:

Xmas lights go up weekend before halloween but do NOT turn them on. The moment we pass out the last piece of candy, halloween decor is turned off and Xmas lights go ON!

I've even threatened to dress up as a dept store santa and my son would be a Xmas elf for halloween. We'd pass out mini candy canes along with regular halloween candy. 

Lastly, by the time my son came home from school on Monday Nov 1, the Xmas tree would be up just not decorated until he could help. 

We have a big vacation planned over thanksgiving, we just really wanna enjoy the season this year. These past 2 years have SUCKED with covid and a big loss in the family. We are going ALL OUT this year!

• Like 5