Share your cookie recipes! (Doing this early this year so we can try to find the ingredients)

magickallight

Since store shelves are starting to empty, I think we'll do this early this year so we can try to find the ingredients in stock for any new recipes we may want to try.

So, Everyone - Share your cookie recipes! :cookiemon:1cook::holiday16

20210924054627x250x167.jpg

• Like 2

If you decide to make these cookies, keep in mind it's written out as a quad batch. :)

RsWTJXtl.jpg

uTz3trpm.jpgLDFInsQm.jpg

We've done these cookies every year since I was a kid (well, I guess my mama did these cookies when I was a kid, and the rolling pin has been passed to me).  Sometimes I think I should do different kinds of cookies, but everyone that gets these loves them, so there's that.  I am thinking of trying a hot cocoa sandwich cookie with a marshmallow buttercream filling this year. We'll see. 

• Like 5

I have many recipes but a few are favorites to those that receive them, so they’re made every year:

My three layer easy fudge recipe that I’ve kept bookmarked:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/91736/layered-mint-chocolate-fudge/

(I make this using peppermint oil vs mint extract b/c we all prefer that flavor. I also make a second batch with a fruit-flavor middle layer instead. I’ve done strawberry, cherry, raspberry variations.)

The chocolate chip cookie recipe I keep going back to:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/10813/best-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Here’s a recipe I found on Betty Crocker website that I sub Candy Cane kisses in place of the Hugs to make them more holiday-ish:

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/fiesta-fudge-cookies/6889925a-e218-445e-b73b-b597f38802a7

Classic snickerdoodles:

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/christmas-snickerdoodles-cookie-exchange-quantity/7dadf770-cd0f-4e07-b57d-98da04463514

That’s a start, at least... [emoji38]

Happy baking, friends!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think someone posted this in last year’s thread. They are our new favorite and so versatile. Try adding different liquors to the frostings for an adult tray.

Bonbons

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup butter or margarine, softened

2/3 cup powdered sugar

1/4 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 package (7- or 8-oz size) almond paste

Vanilla Bonbon Frosting

1 cup powdered sugar

1 1/2 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

Chocolate Bonbon Frosting

1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled

1 cup powdered sugar

2 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

Steps

Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat all bonbon ingredients except almond paste with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until dough forms.

Cut almond paste into 1/4-inch slices; cut each slice into fourths. Shape 1-inch ball of dough around each piece of almond paste. Gently roll to form ball. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and bottom is golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

For vanilla frosting, in small bowl, stir all Vanilla Bonbon Frosting ingredients until smooth.

For chocolate frosting, in small bowl, stir all Chocolate Bonbon Frosting ingredients until smooth. If necessary, stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until soft enough to spread.

Dip tops of cookies into frostings and sprinkle with decors as desired.

Edited by speeddiva
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

One of my favorite year-round treats…..

Peanut Butter Chews

1 cup light karo syrup

1 cup sugar

1 cup creamy peanut butter

2 tbsp butter

1 tsp vanilla

6 cups corn flakes

Measure corn flakes into a large bowl or dish and set aside. I usually use a 9x13 baking dish

in large saucepan, mix sugar and karo syrup and bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat and add peanut butter,  butter and vanilla. Mix well.

Pour mixture over corn flakes and mix well until cereal is fully coated. 
Drop into cupcake papers or you can drop on parchment/wax paper and flatten slightly for more of a cookie shape.

• Like 2

IMG_2488.jpg?resize=640%2C480

Biscochitos                  Servings ~18 cookies

Ingredients

·         3 cups all purpose flour

·         1 1/2 tsp baking powder

·         1/2 tsp salt

·         1/2 lb lard  (yes, LARD ..... you can use shortening but it won't be the same)

·         3/4 cup sugar (divided)

·         1 tsp anise seeds

·         1 egg

·         2 tbsp brandy 

·         1 tsp ground cinnamon

Instructions

1.Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.

2.Add lard to a to a bowl and beat with an electric or stand mixer. Slowly add in 1/2 cup of sugar and continue beating for 8 – 10 minutes, until mixture is fluffy and light.

3.Add in anise seed, egg, and brandy.  Mix until blended.

4.Slowly add in flour mixture, beating well after each addition, and scraping the sides of the bowl as you go. Continue until mixture is fully incorporated and dough is similar to pie-crust.

5.Transfer dough to parchment paper and refrigerate 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. (don't skip this, the dough needs to be cold)

6.After dough rests, roll dough out on a floured surface until it’s 1/4″ thick.

7.Use a cookie cutter or the lid of a mason jar to cut shapes out, transferring them to an ungreased cookie sheet.

8.Bake cookies in preheated oven for 10 – 12 minutes, until they start to lightly brown.

9.While the cookies are baking, mix together remaining 1/4 cup sugar with ground cinnamon.

10.Once cookies are baked, dip top of the cookie in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.

Store cookies in air-tight container for up to 2 weeks

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Doing the bulk of my baking tomorrow and Tuesday. Did a bit this weekend for a fundraiser for my PoGo Discord server. Sale went well. Got folks looking to buy up any leftovers during Wednesday night raid hour, so the sale continues till then. [emoji4][emoji514][emoji514][emoji514][emoji514][emoji106]
  • Like 1

Doing the bulk of my baking tomorrow and Tuesday. Did a bit this weekend for a fundraiser for my PoGo Discord server. Sale went well. Got folks looking to buy up any leftovers during Wednesday night raid hour, so the sale continues till then. [emoji4][emoji514][emoji514][emoji514][emoji514][emoji106]

Whatcha sellin? Like kinds? Lol

Whatcha sellin? Like kinds? Lol

I made chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and chocolate peppermint brownies. [emoji4][emoji106] I’ll be in downtown Plymouth tomorrow evening from 6-about 7:30 or 8 with my Pokémon Go raid crew. The brownies always go the fastest (partially because I don’t make as many of those, partially because I have a couple folks that really love them and, I swear, take turns trying to buy my stock out lol)

I made chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and chocolate peppermint brownies. [emoji4][emoji106] I’ll be in downtown Plymouth tomorrow evening from 6-about 7:30 or 8 with my Pokémon Go raid crew. The brownies always go the fastest (partially because I don’t make as many of those, partially because I have a couple folks that really love them and, I swear, take turns trying to buy my stock out lol)

Peppermint brownies sound really good. :)
  • Like 1