Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

ATI Store Clearance Sale! Now with free shipping!

3 replies to this topic

#1 psiu  OFFLINE  

psiu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 1, 2006 - 7:25 am

ATI Clearance Shop

Some very nice cards available there, two in particular for users stuck with AGP:

Radeon X800 XL AGP/VIVO -- $119
This card has a full 16 pipelines, gpu/mem clocks are 400/500. Comes on a cheaper core, not much overclocking headroom but does have the full 16 pipelines.

***Price Drop***

New Radeon X850 Pro AGP -- $119
This card has 12 pipelines, gpu/mem clocks are 507/520. Should be the R480 core and there is a pretty good chance you can unlock the full 16 pipelines. After some googling with the part number, it seems this *should* also be a VIVO card, which leads to: modding the card BIOS to unlock the pipelines. Obviously YMMV, no guarantees, blah blah blah:blahblah:

#2 psiu  OFFLINE  

psiu

• 1,492 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 1, 2006 - 8:14 am

Oh, one other thing, many of the cards are listed as refurbished--however, this *is* the manufacturer doing it, and when I bought my supposed refurbed card last summer, it appeared to be brand new. Probably left over stock or stock returned from 3rd party card assemblers, but they've moved on and wouldn't want to flood the market with "new" cards--especially since they couldn't get those kind of prices anymore. So...they're now "refurbished". Just to point that out to anyone wondering about the refurbish-ness. There were some good discussions on this on various other sites...which I shan't mention here.

#3 psiu  OFFLINE  

psiu

• 1,492 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 13, 2006 - 6:39 pm

bump for update--now with free shipping!

#4 psiu  OFFLINE  

psiu

• 1,492 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 3, 2006 - 4:06 pm

Bump--OP Updated With Price Drop! Still Free Shipping! edit: what the hey? must be an "anti-spammer" thing....that was in all caps when I typed it ;)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users