Seagate 200 GB 8MB buffer 89.99 AR

Pliablemoose

How does Seagate's reliability compare to Maxtor?

Many consider them to superior in many ways. It seems that in general there is a higher stability rate with the Seagates. They have a five-year warranty vs. three (or so) for Maxtor. In addition, the Seagates are supposed to be much quieter then all other manufacturers.

Hi RossMAN,

Thanx for the welcome.

I've been getting your Gottadeal email updates since the beginning. But since I have been building a house since May I haven't had any extra money to play with :( and I have been avoiding you :) Now that the house is almost done (and the financial surprises are mostly behind us, I hope) I am gearing up my bargain hunting activities just in time for Christmas. And sometime early next year I'll be in the market for an HDTV monitor (at least 42") to go with my new/planned DirecTV HD upgrade for the new living room in the new house :)

Again, thanx for the welcome. I think you have a nice forum going here and I recognize several people from HTTPme.

Dave G.

And sometime early next year I'll be in the market for an HDTV monitor (at least 42") to go with my new/planned DirecTV HD upgrade for the new living room in the new house :)

When you're ready to buy an HDTV I would suggest researching models on AVSForum.com then find the best deal on Buy-HDTV.com (temporarily offline).

Lately I have been drooling over JVC HD-ILA Rear Projection Televisions, wow. The "low end" JVC HD-52Z575 can be found for $3,000.00 but that's a lot of dough.

Hopefully I can find a decent 42" model with all the bells and whistles for around $1,500.00

Thanx for the tips. I was starting to think of a DLP or ILA rear projection model. I still want to learn more about the plasma's since my wife doesn't want a 200lb big box in the living room ;) I have been reading AVSForum.com for years -- ever since I got my first Pronto remote ;)

Hey once you learn about all the new models, technologies, please pass on your knowledge to us

While I do not work for Seagate, am aware of at least one new product soon to be released. Seagate has a 2.5" 7200 RPM line due out this fall - the Momentus 7200.1 (Seagate's new naming convention uses a .x to signify the drive generation), available in 40GB, 60GB, and 100GB sizes.

News regarding the 7200.1 drives can be found here. Specifications found here (.PDF).