Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Any Xbox live deals?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mommy2twingles  OFFLINE  

mommy2twingles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 17, 2020 - 11:16 am

I don't recall seeing any in the ads. Did I miss it or am I stuck paying full price?

#2 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 17, 2020 - 12:39 pm

This is something I scramble for every year.  This year, I got it out of the way early. During Prime Days, Amazon Store Card offered 25% back instead of the usual 5% on some gift cards, and the 12 mo. live was part of that.  They may offer that again for Black Friday (if you have an Amazon store card).   Also, watch CD Keys. They usually run them on sale at some point during the holidays.  Although, I missed it if they ran them last year.

#3 mommy2twingles  OFFLINE  

mommy2twingles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 17, 2020 - 1:10 pm

This is something I scramble for every year.  This year, I got it out of the way early. During Prime Days, Amazon Store Card offered 25% back instead of the usual 5% on some gift cards, and the 12 mo. live was part of that.  They may offer that again for Black Friday (if you have an Amazon store card).   Also, watch CD Keys. They usually run them on sale at some point during the holidays.  Although, I missed it if they ran them last year.

Thanks. I don’t have an Amazon card so will watch for CD Keys.  I think that’s who I purchased from in prior years. 

#4 riven3d  OFFLINE  

riven3d

• 2,645 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 17, 2020 - 1:38 pm

have you tried the game pass ultimate?

3 month card at GameStop on BF is $19.99 for a year its $80 but for that $20 more cost he gets to play a bunch of games for free without having to buy them, it includes the xbox live in the cost

#5 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 2,238 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 18, 2020 - 6:49 am

have you tried the game pass ultimate?

3 month card at GameStop on BF is $19.99 for a year its $80 but for that $20 more cost he gets to play a bunch of games for free without having to buy them, it includes the xbox live in the cost

That is worth it if you do a cost analysis

#6 mommy2twingles  OFFLINE  

mommy2twingles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 18, 2020 - 7:44 am

He has very limited games he likes to play so the game pass would probably be a waste.

#7 stevierocks  ONLINE  

stevierocks

• 1,053 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 18, 2020 - 9:06 pm

SAME!!! this is one of the things i actually get for my own family. and will need at least 2 for 2 different people.. they both request this as their main request.

#8 flyjar  OFFLINE  

flyjar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2020 - 8:43 am

Microsoft stop selling 12-Month cards back in July, there was hope that Gold was going to be free, but I don't think that's the case anymore.  It will be extremely unlikely that you will be able to find a 1 year for anything less than $60, but you can still find them in stores.  I don't find the game pass useful, at least for me I don't play a lot of different games.  Also, I want to own my games and not be subjected to them possibly removing them one day.  And $80 isn't a deal, when I used to get LIVE Gold for $35-$40 every year. But I digress. I don't think you'll see deals on LIVE Gold for 1 year since Microsoft itself discontinued it.

#9 rockpzazz  OFFLINE  

rockpzazz

Spiffy (Almost) Quadragenarian Coot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2020 - 11:12 am

Wow, I didn't realize they stopped selling 1 year cards.  I haven't used Xbox live though in about 3-4 years but I would occasionally get it, though since my Xbox 360 is starting to act up if I ever decided to upgrade, I'd probably get a new Series X on their payment plan so I guess I could live with that.

People always say money can't buy happiness.  Give me fifty bucks and watch me smile. :D - Bobby Heenan

#10 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 2,238 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 20, 2020 - 12:17 pm

I have several 1 year cards that I have never activated. Just dont have to play the game like that

#11 Nate Dogg  OFFLINE  

Nate Dogg

First in line!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 22, 2020 - 11:38 pm

They are transitioning away from live... the discounts are on game pass every year, now. The GameStop thing is a good deal if they can even find one game they like.

#12 riven3d  OFFLINE  

riven3d

• 2,645 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 27, 2020 - 12:56 pm

did not see any deal on Xbox Live, but i did see that GameStop had lots of the cards in store, even they were telling everyone that its going away and isnt of value anymore

#13 stevierocks  ONLINE  

stevierocks

• 1,053 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 29, 2020 - 8:05 pm

ok i know nothing about video games , oter then this is what 2 of the boys want every year... are they really going to make it free?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users