GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

I am so glad that summer is almost over.  I am looking forward to cooler weather.  Of course, we live in Alabama so cooler weather for us means temperatures are in the 60's or 70's and we have low humidity..lol.  I do hope we have a good snow this year..

I also will have to say that this summer was a mild one compared to most of our summers.  

Changing the subject, my daughter will be 15 in three weeks and she will be celebrating at Disney World.  She is going with some friends of ours and their 4 girls (2 teenagers, 2 little ones).  She is so excited.  She has never been to Disney or Universal.  They are counting down the days.  They will be there for 10 days!  

Edited by starbeck96

So happy college football is back! I can’t believe I’m sitting here watching a Sooners game but that’s the beauty of it all.  Have several hours yet until my beloved Razorbacks take the field and the whole state is still buzzing over the full manhandling we gave our oldest rival Texas last weekend. :) 

• Like 1

Hey Len or anybody who can give two cents. I am in the market for a new tablet to replace a fire tablet for DS. Want a little upgrade. Trying to decide between a Lenovo duet or an apple. Trying to stay under $300. Any comments? Thanks.

Shopping for any kind of computer, the first step is to determine applications needs.  Usually, that and budget narrow things a lot. 

Unless this is a surprise, ask what the tablet will be used for capturing any specific application and compatibility requirements.  Post here or PM and I will find you the best deal on the best hardware within your budget.

Shopping for any kind of computer, the first step is to determine applications needs. Usually, that and budget narrow things a lot.

Unless this is a surprise, ask what the tablet will be used for capturing any specific application and compatibility requirements. Post here or PM and I will find you the best deal on the best hardware within your budget.

Thank you. I sent a pm.

I love the Recast.  I have the four tuner/1t version, but I do not expect there is much difference for most people.  Either way, you can only stream to two devices concurrently.  I love the way Amazon has integrated streaming and OTA.  I love that I can stream to any Echo Show in my house.  I think most of the whole house devices are softer than the set top boxes, but you will not likely notice unless you are comparing.  

Amazon Fire TV Recast, over-the-air DVR, 500 GB Digital Media Player | BuyDig.com

$119.00 shipped free from BuyDig.com until 9/30

Soon as we get that little nip in the air we are going to head to the cider mills. Fresh cider and donuts is great. :)

Got that nip in the air last couple of days. Hope you’ve made it to the cider mill! Meanwhile, enjoying an apple from orchard as we speak. My orchard officially transitioned to full organic as of last year, so yummy eats for sure. [emoji106][emoji39][emoji519]

• Like 2

Got that nip in the air last couple of days. Hope you’ve made it to the cider mill! Meanwhile, enjoying an apple from orchard as we speak. My orchard officially transitioned to full organic as of last year, so yummy eats for sure. [emoji106][emoji39][emoji519]

Didn’t get to make it this weekend. Busy moving. Would have been great though. Our friends made it out to one though. Hoping we can do the haunted hayride at Blakes this year. :)
  • Like 1

Looking for suggestions on security cameras that you don't have to subscribe to. We have a Uniden wired set but aren't really satisfied with it. We had a Blink but after a certain amount of time you had to pay a monthly fee to be able to record any type of movement. It was the same one my sister has (who doesn't pay a monthly subscription), but since we bought ours after a certain date we had to pay a monthly fee. We aren't tech-y people so something relatively easy to set up and use.

Sent everyone a PM requesting your address. The first message I sent was accidentally a "group" PM which wasn't good because it would PM everyone in the club every time someone replied with their address lol.

So reply to the second PM with "USE THIS ONE" in the title and assuming you post next month your prize will be shipped in the coming weeks.

• Like 8

The weather is always weird around here in the Fall.  It was starting to top off in the upper 70's and low 80's then BOOM! a few days of 90 plus weather followed by rain and cooling off again.  I don't mind too much though since it will be cool enough to start getting holiday decorations from storage and bringing home a kitchen table to be used to work on puzzles.

Speaking of puzzles, I wonder if puzzles ever get any love in Black Friday sales, I don't seem to remember any, but I didn't puzzle as much in the past.

Speaking of puzzles, I wonder if puzzles ever get any love in Black Friday sales, I don't seem to remember any, but I didn't puzzle as much in the past.

There's a local drug store chain here in the Seattle area, Bartell's Drugs, who were recently bought out by Rite-Aid but are currently still operating under their own marquee. They always feature nice puzzles in their holiday sales. Edited by Gator Pam

Target did a 50% off puzzles around BF if not on BF roughly 3 years ago. I’m not sure if they’ve done it more recently as I wasn’t really looking for them in the ads.
  • Like 1