GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Checking in for May. Nice to read what is going on with everyone. We have been very busy here. Moved some of the family from Texas back to Michigan. Nice to have everyone close again.
  • Like 3

For those curious about how my work trip to CA went, it went well, though I am one crispy critter thanks to the outdoor work location (port nearest Port Richmond for those familiar).

We got some free time yesterday and headed to Fisherman’s Wharf. Ate at Betty Lou’s for dinner. Solid stuff. Coworker bought a loaf of sourdough from Boudin to take home. Got a few pictures of Alcatraz, fewer still of Golden Gate, thanks to low clouds & smog. Such is life. Overall good trip, though. [emoji106]

Home tonight and basically bathing in aloe. lol

• Like 3

For those curious about how my work trip to CA went, it went well, though I am one crispy critter thanks to the outdoor work location (port nearest Port Richmond for those familiar).

We got some free time yesterday and headed to Fisherman’s Wharf. Ate at Betty Lou’s for dinner. Solid stuff. Coworker bought a loaf of sourdough from Boudin to take home. Got a few pictures of Alcatraz, fewer still of Golden Gate, thanks to low clouds & smog. Such is life. Overall good trip, though. [emoji106]

Home tonight and basically bathing in aloe. lol

Glad you had a good time. Some great food on the wharf. Awesome sourdough bread. :)

• Like 1

I can't believe it is May already!  Next Sunday my daughter, my niece, a friend from church, her two teen girls, and I are headed to Panama City Beach for a few days.  It has been about 8 years since my daughter and I have been so we are excited.   My husband is staying at home and will be working on getting the building for his new art/music studio ready to open (hopefully in June).  

We are almost at the halfway point to Black Friday..

I think its been raining the last 40 days and the next 40 don't look that great either.

Same.  3 days straight I went into to work with an umbrella that did nothing but keep my hair dry because it was raining so hard.  I had wet socks all day long. My lab is in the process of being remodeled so we have nowhere to store anything right now, hence no rain boots worn.  Lol.  

More rain expected today but at least I’m off the rest of the week.  

• Like 1

I think I figured out why my thyroid medication doesn't seem to be making a difference. Our local Kiwannis had a health fair the beginning of this month and hubby and I had our blood drawn and different tests were run. I paid extra for a vitamin D test and was shocked at the results. My number was 10 and the normal range is 20-30! I'm going to check with my endocrinologist about taking vitamin D and see if he thinks I should continue with my thyroid meds (my numbers are off on my thyroid so I don't know if I will still take that medication also). I'm so ready to start feeling better, especially since I'm off work for the summer.

• Like 4

Happy Spring, Folks.

It is a good day here, got the pool open. Earliest date ever. The water is 66* which is tolerable for this old fish. Should warm up more as the sun beats on the pool walls.  (come August I will  be wishing for ice cubes)

Now I can get some aquatic exercise at home. (Had been going to aquatic physical therapy)

Hope you all are getting nice weather.

edit to add - We have some cicadas, noisy critters but they dont bite.

Edited by packratfamily

Well, it's May and I've already lost the lawn battle.  Weeds and grub damage again here in Upstate NY, even after treating at the right time in the right way.  On we go!

Oh how I hate weeds and they are ridiculous this year. 

Checking in for May. I usually don't mind the rain, but if I don't get my lawn mowed, I won't be able to find my way through the yard! I hate mowing wet grass, but gonna have to I guess.

Finallywasabletomow ouryard. I was afraidwe wouldlose a grandchild in it .

• Like 1