What will your kids give their teacher(s) this year?

kimpooh19

I don’t have kids but along the same lines I do get a few of my coworkers a little something and this year I’m going to do Bath & Body Works holiday foaming soap and a PocketBac. I may get them a PocketBac holder and a small tube of hand lotion too depending on how many I decide to do. My hands are a wreck from the constant washing and sanitizing every time I change gloves at work. I love the sanitizing wipes idea too! I’m starting to see more in the stores these days but still have a limit of 1 per person.
  • Like 1

We do restaurant (or liquor store, depending on how well I know the teacher lol) gift cards.  This year I will add a little mini-hand sanitizer with a snap holder that they can use. My oldest has a male teacher for the first time, so I will probably just do 2 gift cards for him, one for the liquor store and one for a restaurant. I know my kid drives him to drink!  LOL

Some years we get a pdf of teacher preferences, which is really helpful at knowing what to get and what not to get. If that comes out again this year I will get gc based on it.  

• Like 1

My son is still full time remote, so I might just do a gift card that I can put in the mail. Gift cards are my least favorite presents to give, but I think that's the only way to do it this year. 

Funny story, my son has two teachers. I worked with one of them at Dunkin Donuts when I was in high school and my husband worked with the other at Pottery Barn right after college. I might send them gift cards from there and sign the card, "Your former coworkers..."

• Like 4

Well we homeschool, so no gift for the teacher..lol.  But, we generally give her piano teacher, violin teacher, and the youth orchestra conductor a gift.  Sadly, this year all of that was cancelled with the exception of piano.  Last year we gave her piano teacher a piano Christmas tree ornament and her violin teacher a violin Christmas tree ornament.  We gave the conductor a gift card to Krispy Kreme (so he could treat his young children) and a gift card to Starbucks (we've known him for 4 years and he always had Starbucks in his hand).  The previous years I believe we just did gift cards to local places.  Year before last, for the conductor, my husband did a drawing of a violin (that is the instrument he plays) but he left room all around it for all of the youth orchestra to sign it.  We had bought a glass frame for it, so once everyone had signed, we put it in a glass frame.  

When my boys were in public school, we usually gave the teachers gift cards.

• 3 weeks later...

My kids are older but I.work at Bath and Body Works and can say that lots of people are buying sanitizer for teachers and coworkers.

Thats what I ended up doing for the 3 coworker friends I buy for.......holiday hand soap, holiday hand sanitizer and holder, small hand lotion and then I’ll get them each a small gift card to Starbucks or Andy’s frozen custard for a treat.