Big Lots Black Friday Ad (11/25 to 11/28)

Brad

When I worked in fast food, I never had a problem working on Thanksgiving as it was inside a truck stop and some truckers weren't at home so they needed a place to eat.  I understand grocery stores being open limited hours and gas stations in case last minute items or gas is needed.  I can even understand some big box stores like Walmart that has a good variety of food for sale (good variety meaning quantity not really quality).  However, Big Lots does not scream to me "I NEED SOME FOOD FROM BIG LOTS!"  Of all years, I think this would be the year they could be closed for the day.  Normally I have no problems with stores being open, but this year, I'm fine if most/all stores are closed on Thanksgiving again aside from limited hours gas stations and grocery stores (and restaurants inside truck stops).

Having said all that, Big Lots ads always look the same.  This looks like a similar ad from a random week in mid-June.  Nothing stands out, which makes it even more sad they feel they need to be open for Thanksgiving.

Took a peek at the movies. One thing that stood out was the large number of $3 to $5 movies which were either there forever and were dropped down to as low as .75 or they were the EXACT ones that were purchased by myself at Dollar Tree, lol. I ended up buying only one Bluray for $1.25. These will more than likely be the selection on sale because they have a habit of placing them out early.