US Election Day 2020 - Non Partisan

Gator Pam

That's a holiday at this time of year, nu?

I'm starting this thread with Brad's permission. The thread is to remind and encourage US citizens to cast their votes this year. It is not a place to discuss politics, candidates, or one's disenchantment with the whole proceeding. Brad has told me point blank that if this gets contentious, it will be instantly deleted.

We have been warned.

So, here in The Evergreen State, we have been voting by mail since 2005. That said, we have official election drop boxes, so although our ballots arrive with a postage paid return envelope, expectations are that the closer we get to election day, the longer the lines to get to the drop boxes will be.

For example, this was the line to get to the drive through drop box for our most recent primary election:

FB-IMG-1597298569700.jpg

Our ballots were mailed out to us on Monday. I received mine on Wednesday, filled it out, and brought it to the drop box on Thursday. Thankfully, there were no lines.

Today I checked the status of my ballot online. So, I can poudly say:

2020-10-23-17-45-22.jpg

How is the process going for you? Have you received your ballot yet? Are you voting early, or waiting for Election Day itself?

Whatever your plans, get out there and vote!

• Like 4

I didnt know there was an online tracker.

Here in the State of Washington, elections are handled on the County level. Ballot tracking is on the County Elections website. You should find information on your official election website about ballot tracking.

I voted yesterday. The BoE had a steady line of people while I was there.

In Ohio, you can track your status here: https://www.ohiosos.gov/elections/voters/toolkit/ballot-tracking/

I didn't know that existed! I voted in person on Tuesday this week. We live in a rural county in Ohio, not a lot of people. I asked the worker if they've been busy. She said that the day before they had 342 voters. That's a lot for our area for just one day.

• Like 1

I didn't know that existed! I voted in person on Tuesday this week. We live in a rural county in Ohio, not a lot of people. I asked the worker if they've been busy. She said that the day before they had 342 voters. That's a lot for our area for just one day.

I think we live near each other. I’m in Paulding Co. [emoji170]

• Like 1

I live in a very small town, and I work from home, so I think (hope!) I'll be able to get in and out of my voting place pretty quickly on the 3rd.  I've never seen a big crowd of people there, but people may be more motivated to vote this year.  I agree with the overall sentiment - I don't care, so I won't ask, who you vote for - JUST VOTE! It's a right, it's a privilege, and it's a responsibility!

• Like 2

I voted last Monday morning when early voting opened. It took me just over an hour even though the online waiting time showed 0. Had I known what a madhouse the parking lot alone was, I would've waited. BF went to a different spot on Tuesday and was done in 10 minutes.

By Saturday we had cops parked outside nearest early voting spot and lot still packed around 830am

• Like 2

I voted last Monday morning when early voting opened. It took me just over an hour even though the online waiting time showed 0. Had I known what a madhouse the parking lot alone was, I would've waited. BF went to a different spot on Tuesday and was done in 10 minutes.

By Saturday we had cops parked outside nearest early voting spot and lot still packed around 830am

wow....If I had a vendors license I would setup shop at each site and sell food. 

I voted this evening at Queens Borough Hall (in New York City) with my wife and 19 yo daughter.  We waited 45 minutes and were done in an hour.  A clerk at Walgreens saw my "I Voted Early" sticker and told me that she had waited 3 hours at the same location when she voted.

Edited by mcwalker
  • Like 2

If you're an American citizen and are registered to vote and have yet to do so, today is the opportunity to let your voice be counted. Get out and vote!

Remember, if one doesn't participate, and then are unhappy with the results, plan to let your voice be heard to instigate change going forward.

VOTE!

wow the lines this am are worse then black friday lines!!! wrapping around buildings ect. though i later heard the lines move fast.. i figured no way would this be done in less then 30 min . so good thing they are open till 8. cause anyone who has to get to work wont make it before at that point.  i have some friends working the poles and they said the lines were only that long till about 10 and they expect them to be long at lunch time too .. so advice if you have to work . dont bother trying at lunch .. just go after.

Unbelievable - we have a state wide mask mandate - and yet NO masks are required to vote! The line are HOURS long and they also announced that anyone showing signs of illness will NOT be turned away! I see a MAJOR SPIKE in the virus hitting here in the next few weeks! :(

they should of had mask required, but they are not allowed to turn anyone away didnt you see the news story where they did? its called voter surppression so they are not allowed to do it, but they should of had steps in place to where they could vote away from everyone else.

That is crazy!

I'm glad to have not heard of any physical confrontations or violence across the country at polling sites. I'm hoping any examples of voter suppression were quickly addressed, and whatever the results, the will of the people will be the law of the land.

Thank you all for joining me in civil discourse on this potentially contentious subject.

• Like 1