Walmart 4K TV Sale 10/22 7pm ET (Thursday Night)

riven3d

I know it's nitpicky, but I just have to point out that their heading says these are 70 foot and 43 foot tv's.  Now, THAT is a heck of a deal!  :gdwow:  LOL

While supplies last. Available in select locations only. Online-only offer valid for onn. 70' Class 4K UHD (2160P) LED Roku Smart TV HDR (100012588) & onn. 43' Class 4K UHD (2160P) LED Roku Smart TV HDR (100012584).

Edited by Bopeep
  • Like 6

https://www.consumerreports.org/tvs/should-you-buy-walmart-onn-tvs/

Consumer Reports has now tested five of Walmart's Onn TVs; two were tested this year and are currently in our TV ratings, which are available to digital members. All the sets we test are bought at retail and rigorously tested in our dedicated labs for picture quality, high dynamic range performance, viewing angle, and more.

Though none of the Onn models we tested seem like a great choice for the main TV in your home, it really depends on how you're going to use it, and how you choose to balance the trade-off between performance and price.
  • Like 1

"Walmart's new electronics house brand sets are inexpensive, but they don't rival sets from the top brands for performance"

That statement right there makes me not want to read any further.

That's a huge DUH. Heck the top brands cheaper devices don't rival their top of the line.

• Like 1

"Walmart's new electronics house brand sets are inexpensive, but they don't rival sets from the top brands for performance"

That's a huge DUH. Heck the top brands cheaper devices don't rival their top of the line.

When you buy from Walmart, there is little risk.  If you do not like the set, they have a generous return policy.  TCL competes with these on price, performance, features, and customer service.  Price is easy to compare.  It's tough to beat a 70" TV for $300.  Performance is a little more challenging.  You need to watch the programming that matters to you to ensure picture quality under the specific conditions you plan to watch.  Is the set reflective, what happens when the picture gets very dark, how things look when the room is brightly lit or you are sitting at an angle, and what happens when things are moving fast on the screen.  It's hard to test these things in the store.

Customer service is harder to measure.  I had a 55" TCL set fail under warranty.  They sent a guy to my house to repair the inexpensive tv.  That's uncommon.  I posted a question about their new android sets on bestbuy.com.  They monitor the questions and comments and called my home to clarify my question.

Two features I really like about the TCL Roku sets are their EPG and support for 'trick play'.  Both features benefit cord cutters.  The TV uses PSIP data to populate a grid style Electronic Program Guide.  That means you do not need a service or even an internet connection to have a very nice program guide.  Great at my sister's camp and my in-laws home where there is no internet service.  Trick play is pausing, rewinding, and fast forwarding through a program.  Plug a 16GB thumb drive into one of these sets, and it creates a two hour buffer for trick play.  You can pause a program while you take a phone call or eat dinner.

I have a couple of the 55" sets.  One sits above and to the left of my desk.  At that angle, the picture looks great.  I do not see motion blur when watching sports (hockey is a good test).  My kid sits two feet back from the other one to play games on an Xbox One.  He claims there is no lag and the picture looks great.  That is the one that failed.  Still working two years later.

Walmart has the 55" TCL Roku TV for $148 in their second event.  The sale is online only.

Happy shopping!

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 3

When you buy from Walmart, there is little risk.  If you do not like the set, they have a generous return policy.  TCL competes with these on price, performance, features, and customer service.  Price is easy to compare.  It's tough to beat a 70" TV for $300.  Performance is a little more challenging.  You need to watch the programming that matters to you to ensure picture quality under the specific conditions you plan to watch.  Is the set reflective, what happens when the picture gets very dark, how things look when the room is brightly lit or you are sitting at an angle, and what happens when things are moving fast on the screen.  It's hard to test these things in the store.

Customer service is harder to measure.  I had a 55" TCL set fail under warranty.  They sent a guy to my house to repair the inexpensive tv.  That's uncommon.  I posted a question about their new android sets on bestbuy.com.  They monitor the questions and comments and called my home to clarify my question.

Two features I really like about the TCL Roku sets are their EPG and support for 'trick play'.  Both features benefit cord cutters.  The TV uses PSIP data to populate a grid style Electronic Program Guide.  That means you do not need a service or even an internet connection to have a very nice program guide.  Great at my sister's camp and my in-laws home where there is no internet service.  Trick play is pausing, rewinding, and fast forwarding through a program.  Plug a 16GB thumb drive into one of these sets, and it creates a two hour buffer for trick play.  You can pause a program while you take a phone call or eat dinner.

I have a couple of the 55" sets.  One sits above and to the left of my desk.  At that angle, the picture looks great.  I do not see motion blur when watching sports (hockey is a good test).  My kid sits two feet back from the other one to play games on an Xbox One.  He claims there is no lag and the picture looks great.  That is the one that failed.  Still working two years later.

Walmart has the 55" TCL Roku TV for $148 in their second event.  The sale is online only.

Happy shopping!

Yea, I pln on trying to get 2 of these if I can. I want a smart TV in my office

https://www.walmart.com/m/deals/limited-time-event

70" for $298

43" for $88

this is a select locations and limited time event starts 10/22 at 7pm

We are guessing these will be a purchase online for store pickup kind of thing??? unsure

How do you know what location it is available in if it is online only ? 

• Like 1

Happy shopping!

We are actually planning to try and get one or two of the 55" sets on the second day sale. We figure it's a good enough price to replace the TV in our daughters room and the one we put in the guest bedroom. The 70" seems like a good enough price to where it's worth the gamble. We currently have a 70" Vizio FHD set but it's not with us right now and we had considered just gifting it to my in-laws who we are letting use it while we are looking for a new house and get settled in. I'm never against getting a new TV. I was really hoping to see a good deal on a 4K 75" or 80" to replace it though.

Last year we bought the 55" Hisense Roku TV and have been very pleased with it. Wish some others would release their sales info so that I can make some informed decisions. On the bright side if I snag the 70" tonight it's just going to sit in the box for a while so if something else comes up better we can always return this one. :)

I so want to try for the 43" tonight, but there are several caveats...

First, due to being immunocompromised from my ongoing walking chemotherapy, and the school buildings not being open, where I work as a substitute clerical employee, I've had no income since March. So, what I do spend needs to be focused on gift giving. If I got the tv, it would be for me, as I don't have one of my own.

Second, I rent a room in a single family house. All of my personal belongings are stored in my room. Other than putting it on the wall, I have no place to set it up. And I'm pretty sure the couple I rent from would not appreciate me installing wall mounting hardware.

So, I'm probably better off passing on trying for this deal. But it looks like a good one! I look forward to reading about everyone's success at scoring one.

I'm amazed...they actually had it available for my area and I scored one!

says they are restocking and to check back at 7:15

i wonder if i can get 3 of the $88. ones ... i do shopping to givt the graduation class and this would be a raffle prize for them if so.!!

When I got mine it only gave you the option of one or two.

• Like 4

I bought a 50 onn for a computer monitor. 2 year warranty upon registration.

• Like 1