What's your Black Friday budget for this year?

magickallight

No real budget this year...I’m just now close to getting caught up with bill thanks to COVID but God has been good so I’m not really complaining. I am grateful that my girls are older and although the items are more price-wise, the lists are shorter. I’m also very thankful for Klarna, AfterPay, etc which help me shop and pay a little over time without having to wait to receive my items.

How is this service ? I keep seeing it everywhere. Is it like the shopping networks and they just bill you each month why you use the item? What happens if people do not pay? 

Because of COVID I haven’t been spending as much since March as I can’t go out to the stores to shop. I don’t really have many gifts I need to buy but I suspect that I’ll end up spending more this year as I will be going to small/local businesses instead of major retailers. I won’t get the same great deals but I know local businesses are really struggling and I want to give them my money because I want them to survive and to still be around next year. I’m also in the high risk category and I suspect there will not be the same crowds at smaller businesses so that’s a win win for me. I anticipate spending $100 over my normal gift budget.
  • Like 3

We recently completed a room addition. As part of this we are repurposing several other rooms. In doing so, I have come across so many things I didn't know or remember I had! I don't have a budget, but I don't know if I really need anything. Plus this year is so confusing.....
  • Like 1

Because of COVID I haven’t been spending as much since March as I can’t go out to the stores to shop. I don’t really have many gifts I need to buy but I suspect that I’ll end up spending more this year as I will be going to small/local businesses instead of major retailers. I won’t get the same great deals but I know local businesses are really struggling and I want to give them my money because I want them to survive and to still be around next year. I’m also in the high risk category and I suspect there will not be the same crowds at smaller businesses so that’s a win win for me. I anticipate spending $100 over my normal gift budget.

Now that is something I will need to incorporate in my spending plans this year as well. 

Except for a GC for our son-in-law, I'm done with him, daughter and granddaughter thanks to Prime days and other online stores.  About $200 each.  Not sure about hubby but we blew probably a lot of it for each other this weekend because our main TV died and we had to buy a new one to the tune of about $1000.  So may not do too much for each other.  Hubby hasn't been able to do his part time job much this year due to the pandemic and not much of an increase in SS income.  Unless it's something we desperately need I probably won't buy much over BF.

Edited by cinnamon16201

Well, it's official, there is NO budget. After purchasing DS9's new goalie gear and a new HVAC system for our house, our washing machine went out on Sunday.  Waiting for repair man to come next Monday but I have a feeling he is going to say our 10 year old unit is kaput.  Luckily there are appliance sales for this one!  My dryer has been acting up for a little while as well, so I think I will splurge and get both if the "opportunity" presents itself LOL