What's your Black Friday budget for this year?

magickallight

Same as all the above. I don’t ever have a budget, I just get things that are needed/wanted if they are a good deal. Thankfully we weren't effected too much money wise, just had to pay son's half of the rent a couple months while he was home and not at school working.

Also, I have no lists or ideas yet. And neither does anyone else. We're just not ready yet. But I guess we'll see what deals start popping up, and as usual, that will probably start dictating what everyone "needs".

• Like 2

No budget, my kids are grown so anything they receive is appreciated. I know I will shop for the regular items like Christmas Eve PJs, throws and cozy socks... I've already purchased a couple of items for the grand youngins. Other than that idk what else I'll be purchasing.
  • Like 2

Well, if I ever had a budget, it would have been blown up by 2 console pre-orders.  So, we will end up spending more than we did last year, especially if the 9yo needs new goalie equipment this season. Add that to extra sports travel outside of our state (thanks ‘Rona), and there is no budget for the rest of the year. It’s raining money!  (That’s what DH thinks *I* think LOL)  I think I will wait to hit him up for new flooring until January when he’s recovered some.  :sidesplit

• Like 1

Well, if I ever had a budget, it would have been blown up by 2 console pre-orders. So, we will end up spending more than we did last year, especially if the 9yo needs new goalie equipment this season. Add that to extra sports travel outside of our state (thanks ‘Rona), and there is no budget for the rest of the year. It’s raining money! (That’s what DH thinks *I* think LOL) I think I will wait to hit him up for new flooring until January when he’s recovered some. :sidesplit

I used to spend $2k+ on goalie equipment. :(
  • Like 1

No specific budget for me.  I look at the deals and decide what is worth buying, either as a gift or for myself.  I often postpone some purchases to see if a good deal appears on Black Friday, but I don't have any specific items on that list yet this year.

• Like 2

I plan to spend less this year but don't really set a budget. I look at the ads and see what the deals are and decide if it's something I really want to get for someone. I do plan to spread it out from now until a week or so before Christmas so there will be enough time for shipping. I doubt I'll do much in store shopping unless the number of covid cases go way down.

I used to spend $2k+ on goalie equipment. :(

That’s what I’m planning for

He *should* just need leg pads, blocker, catcher and pants.  Everything else better still fit by then!  

DH told me this morning we are looking at a new HVAC system.  I think Santa will bring him a nice wifi thermostat.  :sidesplit 

• Like 2

He *should* just need leg pads, blocker, catcher and pants. Everything else better still fit by then!

DH told me this morning we are looking at a new HVAC system. I think Santa will bring him a nice wifi thermostat. :sidesplit

I got a new Ecobee a few years back [emoji23]
  • Like 1

He *should* just need leg pads, blocker, catcher and pants.  Everything else better still fit by then!  

DH told me this morning we are looking at a new HVAC system.  I think Santa will bring him a nice wifi thermostat.  :sidesplit

I am thankful that I had a friend who owns his own HVAC buisness. He gave me a great discount but it was still expensive. 

I don't really have a budget either. I just buy what they have on their lists (which is like pulling teeth to get). I try to spend close to the same amount on each of our 2 sons. Not quite sure what to get the older son's girlfriend and he's no help! They did just buy a house this past summer but I think they have pretty much everything they need for that. I never know what to get my dad since he has everything. If he wants or needs something during the year, he just goes out and buys it. I try to listen for clues in our conversations but can never come up with any hints. I did buy (pre-ordered) him one of the newest Echo Dots for this year, which I think is something he'll enjoy since he's always listening to music and can never find CDs with all the songs he wants on them. We do have a $20 limit on our exchange we do at work and, of course, the Secret Santa we do here.