Amazon Prime Day Sale (10/13 to 10/14)

Brad

Pretty meh, huh?  No regrets about not waiting.  The Recast is steeply discounted (again) at $179.99 for the four tuner 1TB version (which I recommend) and $129.99 for the two tuner 500GB version right now.

• Amazon Devices: Starting today, get two Echo Dot devices for $39.98 and Fire TV Recast for $129.99 to store up to 75 hours of HD programming. Plus, save up to $100 on Fire TV Edition Smart TVs and get the all-new Toshiba 43-inch Smart HD Fire TV Edition TV for $179.99. Starting October 6, get the Toshiba 32-inch Smart HD Fire TV Edition TV for $119.99 and the Insignia 43-inch Smart 4K UHD Fire TV Edition TV for $199.99; save $40 on Echo Show 5; get Echo Auto and enjoy hands free access to Alexa in your car plus six months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $19.99; and save on smart home security with Blink Mini indoor cameras—one for $24.99, two for $49.98, or get Echo Show 5 and Blink Mini for $54.99.

And some free money...

• Spend $10, Get $10: Amazon will offer a $10 credit to use on Prime Day to members who spend $10 on items sold by select small businesses in Amazon’s store today through October 12. This promotion is fully funded by Amazon to connect customers with local small businesses selling in its store. Small business promotions kicked off today in the U.S.U.K.SpainGermanyItalyFrance, and Japan.
  • Prime Day Deals: Once Prime Day begins, members can use their $10 credit to purchase almost any product in Amazon’s store, including from small businesses. More than half of the items sold in Amazon’s store worldwide are from third-party sellers – mostly small and medium-sized businesses. This year, Prime members around the globe can shop hundreds of thousands of Prime Day deals from these businesses.

I was worried about this. I need a roku tv and it sounds like theres at least a possibility that they will only have deals on fire tvs.

I wouldn't worry too much. This is how they do it every year - they are just spotlighting some early pre-Prime Day deals in this press release, most of which are their own products like the Fire TV-based TVs. It's not reflective of the actual deals to come on Prime Day. I had meetings every day last week with Amazon about PD. They have a lot in store for the sale this year (and BF). Definitely not "pretty meh"...

• Like 5

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/24/21454117/amazon-new-echo-show-10-alexa-smart-display-moving-screen-price-specs-features

​Instead of being fixed in one position, as with every prior Echo Show model, the new Echo Show 10’s display is perched on a motorized base that swivels around automatically whenever you interact with the device. By using a blend of computer vision technology and echolocation (pun not intended), the Echo Show 10 can determine where you are in a room and swivel itself around to face you so you can always get a good view of the screen.

I missed this in the release notes.  Great for the kitchen.

• Like 1

Silly Sand starts out wet.  Then it dries.  Cats do not appreciate art.  When your cat finds a pile of sand in the house, they do what they do when they find sand outside.  Then they scatter it with their back legs.  I was a little kid when Santa brought Silly Sand, but I remember how quickly it disappeared.  (I don't remember what happened to that cat.) 

• Like 1

Silly Sand starts out wet. Then it dries. Cats do not appreciate art. When your cat finds a pile of sand in the house, they do what they do when they find sand outside. Then they scatter it with their back legs. I was a little kid when Santa brought Silly Sand, but I remember how quickly it disappeared. (I don't remember what happened to that cat.)

That last part sounds ominous. [emoji23]

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Airpods Pro @ $219 is good or if I should wait? My brother is asking for these and Apple products are not something I usually purchase.

Amazon had them for $199 about 3 weeks ago. I'd wait for next week.

So, Amazon has the Shows on sale for Prime day.  The 5 is $44.99 and the 8 is $64.99.  Is this good or do you think Black Friday would be better? 

TIA.

With the two sales being so close this year, I think most of their device deals will be the same for both. 

Is it me or ? I do not see that the Echo show 10 swivels, do I need a special base?

Never mind, I see now it is the 3rd Gen that swivels. Just incase anybody else was interested in that specifically.

Edited by Kash