First Contest! Win a Mystery Shirt Prize Pack! [Winners Posted]

Brad

I will miss the HUNT in store on Black Friday for the item people hide, that I want I will miss the nasty coffee they offer you when your in store but appreciate the last push it gives me to the finish line ( I hate coffee), I will miss the feeling of I got it after stressing about what number I am in line and trying to figure out the number of coupons they have for the item. Most of all I will miss the adrenaline of the doors opening up or the horn blowing to signal it is time to shop - ( well that one has been long gone but I miss it still)

I shop online so think may miss the ease of that, I think its going to be a nightmare to try and get stuff if everyone is online to buy a few items, if they spread it out, maybe not so bad.  We don't do early but like to go in later and just linger around, so that will be missed, fun finding things that were missed or wanted but didn't get online

• Like 1

I'll miss having money to spend!  No, in all seriousness, I'll miss heading to stores at 2-3 AM with my friend trying to get good deals as soon as the stores open.  I haven't got to do that in a few years and just really miss doing it.  This year doesn't change that, but maybe stores might stop opening on Thanksgiving depending on how sales are this year which would bring back more of the "fun" of the days of yore.

• Like 1

I shop online so think may miss the ease of that, I think its going to be a nightmare to try and get stuff if everyone is online to buy a few items, if they spread it out, maybe not so bad.  We don't do early but like to go in later and just linger around, so that will be missed, fun finding things that were missed or wanted but didn't get online

I fear that shipping is going to be a nightmare this year. Missed packages, wrong deliveries, over worked drivers, damages and pilfering...... The increase in cost for shipping is going to hurt most people. 

• Like 3

Honestly, I think the thing I'm going to miss most is going to Walmart for the cheap movies and the peope watching while standing in the movei area.  Call me crazy!  LOL

I don't think we will get ads in the traditional sense so I'll miss pouring over them and making lists per store in my BF notebook I keep every year.  As a family, we actually discussed taking a trip for Christmas in lieu on gifts so there may actually not be much gift shopping for me this year if we decide we can be safe enough.  

• Like 1

I will miss walking the stores after the frenzy to see what was left behind that I wanted but didn’t need. Lol. I figure that if it’s still there then it was meant for me!

I just miss the old Black Friday from years gone by and I am sure in a few years I will miss the Black Friday from just last year. It’s all just change...

• Like 1

I’m going to miss getting up far too early to go out and get... kitty litter! (Half hoping they still do that sale this year - I usually get a whole year’s worth in one shot...)

I’m glad I still have my GD crowd here to hang out with. Wouldn’t be the same without all of you, for sure.

❤️. I would get FOMA if I didn’t get to PetSmart when they opened. Lol

• Like 1

This year is going to be so different. I am going to miss the nostalgic feeling of it all. I am going to miss the large crowds the most. I got excited seeing everyone rushing around hoping to get a good deal or that one special item on their list before someone else. With all of the precautions in place, this year just isn’t going to be the same.
  • Like 1

I will miss the late night Thanksgiving shopping with my mama.  For the last several years, I have hosted Thanksgiving lunch for both mine and DH's family, and then around 4:30 or so, it was my time to go out (leave the dishes for DH and the boys) and people watch and pick up a few things.  Most of our Christmas presents come in the form of sports gear, which has never been a hot commodity for BF.  But I like getting new sheets, Rubbermaid containers, movies, a few video games, etc.  I will especially miss our midnight snack at Steak n Shake, with Christmas shakes to go on our way to the other side of town to shop some more.

Usually we have an out of town hockey tournament that we have to leave for at a ridiculous hour Friday morning.  No news on that yet this year, so we will play it by ear.  I guess if there's not much shopping, and no big tournament, I will stay home and decorate the house to the 9s. 

I cannot do crowds but I like watching the news of all the crowds lined up and waiting. I see all the excited people on the news from all over the country.

Some years we do go to walmart later in the day and look at the carnage.

You know maybe I should start a web cam show on youtube of my BF life. There maybe a lot of people that want to experience it but will not brave the crowds. Let me call Len and ask him to find me a cheap go pro, helmet and shoulder pads with a lysol mist fan attached so I dont get covid. 

Does anyone think there will be any major sales on BF? A friend of my daughters just started at Buckle and says she works BF but she hasn’t heard about sales or anything.

Not sure. I think it will be mostly online. If they do it will be spread out through out the season or that particular week 

• Like 2

I will miss getting together, eating more desert while checking the ads one more time, making a plan and laughing all the way to the stores.  But I think mostly I will miss coming home from shopping, waking up the kids (and adults who don't go shopping) and all going to breakfast together. 

• Like 3

I'm honestly going to miss the crazy packed stores on Thanksgiving. I go to a different state usually as mine has the blue laws. I love rushing out the door after I clean up the house and the excitement of getting done before everyone else I know starts their shopping.

I will miss getting together, eating more desert while checking the ads one more time, making a plan and laughing all the way to the stores.  But I think mostly I will miss coming home from shopping, waking up the kids (and adults who don't go shopping) and all going to breakfast together. 

Eating breakfast out......Or just eating out in it self is what I am looking forward to . 

What traditional aspect(s) of Black Friday do you think you'll miss the most this year?

I will miss the crowds, waiting in line for the stores to open and chatting with new friends.  

That always made the time go by so much faster and made it bearable to go through the process of camping out. 

• Like 1