First Contest! Win a Mystery Shirt Prize Pack! [Winners Posted]

Brad

Time for the first Mystery Shirt Prize Pack contest!

We'll make this one simple. To be entered to win, reply to this thread with your answer to this question:

What traditional aspect(s) of Black Friday do you think you'll miss the most this year?

Contest will be open until 11pm ET on Monday, September 28th. I will then randomly choose 5 members who entered and you'll win a Mystery Shirt Prize Pack!

Limit of one prize pack per member but if you win you are still welcome to enter future contests for fun.

For more info on the Mystery Shirt Prize Packs we're giving away this year, see this thread.

Good luck to everyone!

mysteryboxes.jpg

• Like 1

Ummm... well I had already been shopping online for everything, only going to petsmart on Friday. Which i don't think I did last year anyway.

I like seeing Christmas decorations everywhere, but again I haven't been going out anyway.

So, I guess I'll say, looking at the ads with my mom and sister before Thanksgiving dinner. Because I'm thinking there won't be a lot of excitement and things in the ads.

• Like 2

I think I'm going to miss getting together with my sister (we'll still do that) and planning our shopping strategy for our all-day Friday outing. We're not sure how stores will be doing Black Friday this year, but I'm sure we won't be going out as early as we normally do, if at all. We both mentioned doing the majority of our shopping online. We've been going out early on Black Friday for over 20 years now and that is what I'm going to miss.

Edited by ilikefree

I will miss the good time we always have going out and being together.  We have committed to making a different plan, and still being together (my sister says laptops and wine coolers), but with the sales spread out, will there really be a reason?  I guess when more stores roll out their plans, we will be able to make ours.

• Like 1

What traditional aspect(s) of Black Friday do you think you'll miss the most this year?

I'm not sure what will be missing.  So far, none.  I don't mind stores being closed on Thanksgiving.  I don't mind not standing in line in the wee hours.  I'm hoping that consumers return to retail for the entirety of the Christmas shopping season.

My biggest concern is that this forum will slump badly absent the ads and deal discussion.  I will miss the anticipation and excitement of the ad arrivals -- and occasional cease and desist.  If you guys keep the forums busy, I can deal with a little less anticipation and excitement.  (A tee shirt and a gift card would be very exciting.)

• Like 1

I really think as much as I hate to say it I will miss ALL of the anticipation( I hate waiting)...Who , What, When and how much. Along with all of that I am really going to miss all of the interaction at the

brick and mortar stores with some of the nicest people you will ever meet along with the occasional  jerk( who I just tell  "its almost Christmas be happy and have fun").

• Like 1

I will miss the anticipation of ads being released and seeing what is on sale. I have been doing the bulk of my shopping online for a few years now so much won’t change there. But that feeling of seeing Target and Walmart’s ad and then comparing the two is just something that I look forward to.
  • Like 2

I’m going to miss getting up far too early to go out and get... kitty litter! (Half hoping they still do that sale this year - I usually get a whole year’s worth in one shot...)

I’m glad I still have my GD crowd here to hang out with. Wouldn’t be the same without all of you, for sure.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what will be missing. So far, none. I don't mind stores being closed on Thanksgiving. I don't mind not standing in line in the wee hours. I'm hoping that consumers return to retail for the entirety of the Christmas shopping season.

My biggest concern is that this forum will slump badly absent the ads and deal discussion. I will miss the anticipation and excitement of the ad arrivals -- and occasional cease and desist. If you guys keep the forums busy, I can deal with a little less anticipation and excitement. (A tee shirt and a gift card would be very exciting.)

Im sure Wal Mart will still send the letter. :)
  • Like 1

My tradition was going to the malls and stores the Monday of Thanksgiving week to walk around, take in the decorations, and see if any item I hadn't already listed caught my eye.

I won't be doing that this year, not with my medical issues. So that, and choosing which store I'll get in line at 3:00 am on Black Friday, and then waiting in line in my GottaDeal gear with my GottaDeal bags, while making conversation with my fellow shoppers, will be missed.

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 1

Out shoppng for hours amid the hustle and bustle of other shoppers the hunt for door buster items on my list. 

I will miss the anticipation of ads being released and seeing what is on sale. I have been doing the bulk of my shopping online for a few years now so much won’t change there. But that feeling of seeing Target and Walmart’s ad and then comparing the two is just something that I look forward to.

I am down to my last large tub of kitty litter from last years BF shopping trip. I do hope they have that again this year too. 

• Like 1

I’m going to miss going to the stores after dinner with my sister and daughters. It was our tradition. We enjoyed running from store to store and acting crazy. Adrenaline high lol. Christmas carols on the radio in the car, mapping out moves and such. I hope there will be some type of weekend sales in stores. I don’t mind online shopping but I’d rather shop in the store and get what I need.
  • Like 2

I will definitely miss bailing out of turkey dinner to go hang out at Wal-mart before their sale starts!  :gdcar2:  

Don’t get me wrong, spending time with the family is great - while they’re all eating. Once the meal ends and the talking begins, it’s time for me to go shopping!! 

Edited by BFgrl79
  • Like 2

I will miss the anticipation of seeing what is on sale and having an excuse to stay up late looking for deals (assuming the timing of sales online will be different also).  I will also miss the anticipation of seeing what hubby brings home since he does the in person Black Friday shopping before he goes into work.  Though that part has already changed somewhat with so many stores opening on Thanksgiving.

The late night planning after all my ads have posted. Pondering which store to stand in line for and which stores to attend after the rush. The anticipation of go time and the warm glow of exhaustion but accomplishment. But most of all the time spent with my son who has accompanied me since childhood for our 24 hour shopping spree.
  • Like 1

I have worked at Kohl's for 16 years, and as much as I enjoyed BF shopping, I am going to miss working the BF sale. It is a lot of fun watching the people run towards the items they want and watching their expressions when they get them. They stand in line and discuss their purchases and the next plan of action. Everybody is generally in a great mood, and it just sets the tone for the Holiday season.
  • Like 4