What’s on YOUR holiday wishlist this year?

AudreyNicole

I dont have much on my list either. I struggled to think of something to tell my mom, and I still haven't told her anything for husband and 2 boys.

What I asked her for was a 8qt LeCreuset stockpot, and some hello kitty car mats.

I am looking for a new Career......If Santa can do that and increase the pay as well I will be ALL SMILES

I'm with you on this one! Or at least maybe just a new job.

Hope you find something.

• Like 1

I’m having to become very selective about what I bring into the house. My husband’s dream is to live in an RV full time when we retire, and even though that is a long way off it has made me really look differently at possessions. It seems silly to collect more stuff to only have to get rid of it in a couple years. I’m focusing on things that bring me closer to those that I love, like board games for time together with friends/family and interactive dog toys for time with my pup. No matter where I live these kinds of items will always have a place in my life and home.

Other than games and dog puzzle toys, I’ve asked for some craft items. We don’t do a ton of gifts in my family anyway so hopefully I won’t have to come up with more ideas.

I really don’t have much. We are all on a budget as I’m missing work right now because my husband is in the hospital with an infection in his foot. Surgery tomorrow to remove a toe at the least maybe more

Depending on how bad the infection is. I did tell the kids a few cheaper things like

Bath n body works candles

New purse and wallet

Some new throw pillows

Gift cards for Starbucks or Applebee’s

• Like 2

I really don’t have much. We are all on a budget as I’m missing work right now because my husband is in the hospital with an infection in his foot. Surgery tomorrow to remove a toe at the least maybe more

Depending on how bad the infection is. I did tell the kids a few cheaper things like

Bath n body works candles

New purse and wallet

Some new throw pillows

Gift cards for Starbucks or Applebee’s

Sending prayers for your hubby today... That's rough. 

On a pretty strict budget myself this year, so high on my list is GCs to places like Meijer and Target to help my dollars stretch a little farther while I work through this tight spot.

Not much for me either this year.  I Marie Kondo'd my house over this year so I'm trying really hard not to replace all the mess I no longer have so I asked Santa for mainly gift cards and a specific pair of Skechers shoes.  I'm sure there will other surprises but this is all I asked for.  

• Like 3

Not much for me either this year. I Marie Kondo'd my house over this year so I'm trying really hard not to replace all the mess I no longer have so I asked Santa for mainly gift cards and a specific pair of Skechers shoes. I'm sure there will other surprises but this is all I asked for.

I'm envious of your Marie Kondoness . My motivation to get started is overtaken by my lack of energy. [emoji4]
  • Like 2

I'm envious of your Marie Kondoness . My motivation to get started is overtaken by my lack of energy. [emoji4]

to be honest I don't think I went as deep into the house as her book instructs but the amount of stuff I did cart off was unreal.  It felt good when I first started but after a few weeks (obviously had to do it over weekends) I got weary and stopped.  I got rid of a lot of home décor stuff and things from my childhood that I couldn't even come up with a reason why I kept them in the first place.  Carted a massive amount of books to the library for their sale.  Unloaded a lot of stuff at a garage sale this summer too.  I look around the house and I still have to much stuff so Marie probably wouldn't approve!  :)

• Like 2

I'm the same. Years past I'd have a 3 page list (with pictures) for my family to pick from.

This year I can barely come up with anything. I actually told my dad, socks. His response was to laugh.

But I don't really need anything, plus I'm in the process of clearing out stuff I don't use or need.

So for me...

Socks

Slippers

CVS gift card

Starbucks gift card

Mugs with lids

Old navy gift card

• Like 1

We don't exchange gifts, but DH and I go shopping for things we want on Thanksgiving/Black Friday. This year I'll be buying my usual sheets from WalMart. Looking for a new electric griddle, wool socks, and maybe a little car vacuum. OMG! Looking at my list, I think I've turned into my mom! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.!

Edited by packratfamily

Oh wow! How cool is that?!

I have NO CLUE which of my friends/family might have ordered this for me but I’m beside myself... It wasn’t in my budget this year but it was something I very much wanted (as a proud member of Rowdy Nation). So. Cool. [emoji172][emoji172][emoji172]ac39422535842893ef311ddda7e0da5b.jpg

• Like 1

I really, really, really wanted a new sewing machine this year (Viking Epic 2).  DH pre-ordered it for me and I got it in mid-November. I told him not to get me anything else, and we counted that for our 20-year anniversary gift from him as well.  I don’t care if he counts that as my gift for the next 5 years for all occasions lol 

I asked my mom for brown socks and some hair products.  

DMIL will gift cash, she’s not up to shopping this year with me.  Usually we make an evening of it and have a nice (kid-free) dinner out somewhere.  I have missed that more than I want to admit.  

I guess I have reached a point that there isn’t really anything I want that I haven’t already bought, so I’m down to socks and shampoo.  Lol 

Next year I’ll probably ask for ibuprofen and a case of diet Dr. Pepper LOL getting old SUCKS

• Like 4

I really, really, really wanted a new sewing machine this year (Viking Epic 2). DH pre-ordered it for me and I got it in mid-November. I told him not to get me anything else, and we counted that for our 20-year anniversary gift from him as well. I don’t care if he counts that as my gift for the next 5 years for all occasions lol

I asked my mom for brown socks and some hair products.

DMIL will gift cash, she’s not up to shopping this year with me. Usually we make an evening of it and have a nice (kid-free) dinner out somewhere. I have missed that more than I want to admit.

I guess I have reached a point that there isn’t really anything I want that I haven’t already bought, so I’m down to socks and shampoo. Lol

Next year I’ll probably ask for ibuprofen and a case of diet Dr. Pepper LOL getting old SUCKS

At this point I think I want the Sam’s Club packnof ibuprofen. [emoji23]
  • Like 2