Best Buy Online Black Friday Sale Discussion Thread

Brad

Just ordered Captain Marvel Blu-ray and smart plugs for pickup today! Woot! The TV seasons I want weren’t available at BF price yet. I’m slowly but surely checking things off my list with all these early access sales stores are having this year!

ya i picked up Captain Marvel and Ralph Breaks the Internet for pickup, i will be out in that area near when they open so i will just wait for the pickup notification and head over.

I didnt see any other movie or TV show i wanted, not at the prices im willing to pay anyways

ya i picked up Captain Marvel and Ralph Breaks the Internet for pickup, i will be out in that area near when they open so i will just wait for the pickup notification and head over.I didnt see any other movie or TV show i wanted, not at the prices im willing to pay anyways

I’m thrilled to get Captain Marvel early since that was the one I was most worried about getting Thursday night.

• Like 1

Can somebody point me to an example of a deal that is available only to Elite / Elite Plus?

Early Access this year looks to be a gigantic decrease in quality. Guess they're trying to push people back to brick and mortar after being able to get most things online the past few years?

Can somebody point me to an example of a deal that is available only to Elite / Elite Plus?

Early Access this year looks to be a gigantic decrease in quality. Guess they're trying to push people back to brick and mortar after being able to get most things online the past few years?

I saw the 65” Hisense for $299 is available for elite.

Nvm...

Edited by deelite

I saw the 65” Hisense for $299 is available for elite.

If that's the case they don't even have the Elite specific icons this year. It just says "My Best Buy Member." They aren't doing a good job of showing the benefit of having Elite this year, but that's probably by design given how few deals are available.

Yep, another Best Buy early BF sale today:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/black-friday/pcmcat225600050002.c?id=pcmcat225600050002&irclickid=0xxw7ZTXsxyJTMF05-R4sULoUkn32m1huR2b3Q0&irgwc=1&ref=198&loc=0xxw7ZTXsxyJTMF05-R4sULoUkn32m1huR2b3Q0&acampID=615614&mpid=64406

This one appears to have way more of their ad items on sale compared to the past 2 early access sales. Here's our tracker page with the items being found at the sale prices (being updated now):

https://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Tracker/BestBuy

Really do miss the days when BB, CompUSA, and Circuit City were competing against each other.  Just remember the sales back then being more intense than what they are today.

Case in point.....BB has the 55" Samsung Q80 TV for a BF price of $1299, $400 off retail.  I was actively looking for that exact TV last month...glad I decided not to wait for BF.  Bought it for $250 less than BB's BF price. 

Now, that Def Tech SuperCube 2000 is intriguing, but adding $100 to its $299 price gets you a vastly better sub....the RSL Speedwoofer 10s.  ($399 direct from RSL)  Vastly superior sub to anything listed in BB's BF ad.  (The Klipsch need not apply and isn't in the conversation at all.)

• Like 1

I got the latest ipad with 128 GB for $329.99 just now! I am pretty happy!

me too! It is DS8 and 9’s turn for an iPad refresh, so I got one from amazon and one from Best Buy. I was planning to try for two of them at Walmart, but I’m glad to have that done already!  I can fit a lot more movies on 128GB than I could their old 64 versions! Yay for BF pre-sale!! 

Was finally able to get Season 3 This Is Us DVDs at the BF price just now! I’m still waiting on Creed 2 to show up and Big Bang Theory DVD. For the last several years I’ve gotten the just finished season BBT DVDs for around $10 from Best Buy so I’m hoping it will show up tonight online.

Well, I got lucky here just now. In the middle of the night the $3.99 Blu-ray I wanted was sold out by the time I got finished up with my remaining items from Target, so I put my phone down and went back to sleep. I had already been aggravated that it wasn’t part of the Early Access! LOL. Woke up just now and decided what the heck, why not try again?. Lo and behold it was available, so ended up getting it plus Spider-Man Far From Home. All that for a silly $4 movie I was supposed to banned from buying! :)
  • Like 2

I was really lucky! I got two of the 58in Insignia TV’s for $199.00 each online before they flipped over to in store only. Delivery scheduled for Sunday. I got 2 free Amazon Echo’s as well that I pick up on Monday. Coupled with the $10.00 4K hdmi cords I’m happy! I don’t understand BB this year. Some of the items that were live prior to BF, they then made in store for BF. I purchased a 75 in Samsung last week and today they were in store only purchases. I’m not mad I just don’t get their logic?[emoji848] Edited by Dyva247
  • Like 1

Really do miss the days when BB, CompUSA, and Circuit City were competing against each other.  Just remember the sales back then being more intense than what they are today.

Case in point.....BB has the 55" Samsung Q80 TV for a BF price of $1299, $400 off retail.  I was actively looking for that exact TV last month...glad I decided not to wait for BF.  Bought it for $250 less than BB's BF price. 

Nostalgia, I suspect.  Discounts may have been steeper, but we get s lot more today then we did back then.  Back in the day, I paid $800 for a 36" Sony CRT.  This week, I could get a 75" LED for less.  My first IBM compatible PC was a 286.  It came with a 14" VGA display, 40M of storage, and 640k of RAM.  It cost me $1600.  Last week I bought a 2.8GHz Intel Core i5-8400, 16GB memory, 1TB hard drive, and a 32" display for $500.

Good times!