GottaDEAL 2020 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

Thanks!

Honestly, medically supervised ketogenic diet combined with intermittent fasting. Keep in mind, every body is different and I also had no preexisting health conditions (other than the excess weight), so what has worked for me won't be right for everyone.

As the weight came off, my energy levels increased and I have added more exercise into my routine simply because I feel like I need to burn the energy off. There are nights I come home these days and I feel a need to *DO* something. Often times, that means throwing on my running gear and going out to run about 5k. I can't even imagine a night where I would've wanted/felt the need to do that 2 years ago. Crazy.

Ya even back when I was younger and an athlete I can never recall a time when I’ve wanted to go running. [emoji23]

Now I would go and workout and such but running has never been high on my list. :)

• Like 2

Ya even back when I was younger and an athlete I can never recall a time when I’ve wanted to go running. [emoji23]

Now I would go and workout and such but running has never been high on my list. :)

I completely and utterly despise running, but to each their own. I do boot camps and yoga to work on my weight goals instead.

I always tell my husband, who just ran a marathon, that I would only run if:

1) a truck was driving down the street offering all you can eat ice cream for free AND 2) a homicidal maniac was chasing me with a knife/chainsaw or equivalent. One or the other is not enough to make me run, it would have to be both. And if the homicidal maniac had a gun, well I can’t outrun a bullet.

• Like 3

I noticed a couple things today.  First, a few Sears and K-Mart stores near me are closing and liquidation sales begin 12/02.  Should be fun.  Second, if you preview NEXT WEEKS Staples flyer, the last page appears to link to a BF ad preview.  Does nothing now, but should be active Sunday.  2020 is my last year as a Staples Rewards member.  Too much work.  Too little gain.  BUT, I will be buying a new desktop there on BF.

Thanks!

Honestly, medically supervised ketogenic diet combined with intermittent fasting. Keep in mind, every body is different and I also had no preexisting health conditions (other than the excess weight), so what has worked for me won't be right for everyone.

As the weight came off, my energy levels increased and I have added more exercise into my routine simply because I feel like I need to burn the energy off. There are nights I come home these days and I feel a need to *DO* something. Often times, that means throwing on my running gear and going out to run about 5k. I can't even imagine a night where I would've wanted/felt the need to do that 2 years ago. Crazy. 

Ewww.  Running...lol  If I had to run for my life, maybe.  I would much rather lift weights, but if I feel extra energetic, I'll clean or reorganize. 

The exercise you are getting is probably where you get all your energy from.  I should probably try to do more stuff than I am now.  You are a good example we should all try to work toward.

I've only gained back about 15 pounds over about 18 months.  Oddly enough, I didn't really have a big increase in energy or at least I never noticed when I lost 50 via Slim4Life.  I'm not sure if I could handle your diet.  Glad it works for you, though!

• Like 1

Keto has made me more energetic as well, and I am very sedentary. I believe it is the combination of the anti-inflammatory aspects of following clean keto (which, I don't do 100%, but more than 50% of my intake), and the 70 pounds I have lost in the 16 and a half months since I started this WOE. I have at least another 50 more pounds to go; preferably 63, but I'll be happy at 50. I don't expect it to come off as rapidly, but as long as I don't gain, I'll stick with the plan.
  • Like 2

Thanks!

Wow, I would love to get to the point where I need to burn off energy...keep up the good work!!!!
  • Like 1

So annoyed at Sam’s. Bought a membership gift card last year to renew mine this November and now I’m finding out the d*%#n gift card was sent to me inactivated......crappy business samsclub.com. This poor girl working the membership desk can’t even get through on the phone to .com.

Lesson learned.......I will think long and hard before buying gift cards online again.......plus I swear I never got refunded for a dot com purchase I returned in store awhile back. Why in the world can’t dot com and brick and mortar be the same entity?!?!?! Grrrrrrrr

Thanks!

I have lost a good bit myself and have hit a plateau this year. Have not gained any but not lost much at all this entire year. I thought about trying keto but was not sure about doing it or taking pills. I am intrigued to learn more from someone who is actually doing it and successful with it. 

• Like 1

I have lost a good bit myself and have hit a plateau this year. Have not gained any but not lost much at all this entire year. I thought about trying keto but was not sure about doing it or taking pills. I am intrigued to learn more from someone who is actually doing it and successful with it. 

I literally only take a good multi-vitamin these days. I took a few supplements (again under medical supervision) early on to help my body break the sugar addiction with less withdrawls (called "keto flu") but, other than that, I eat real food. Definitely takes more prep to do well and I need to plan ahead more but it's been worth it. You don't realize how much your body is addicted to sugar until you're not eating anywhere near as much of it. And I eat plenty well enough. Biggest thing is probably actually to hydrate. I drink close to a gallon or so of water a day, if not more.

I have a bit more flexibility when it comes to overall carb count these days now that I'm almost two years in but I also have a *much* better handle on what my body actually needs/wants, so I'm just making better food choices out of habit these days than I ever used to. It was key for me to have accountability (aka a real person to talk to when I had questions or needed other helps) to really be successful as I established the better habits and looked for healthier alternatives to satisfy various cravings that tried to sneak up on me. Now, I truly feel this is something I can maintain for the long term. I mix it up, allowing myself one "cheat day" (extra carbs) every week/every other week and that actually seems to help me maintain and continue my weight loss more easily while still making sure I'm not missing out on essential nutrition or relying on supplements to get it. 

• Like 2