Black Friday HDTV Discussion

len_mullen

I've seen the 55" OLED is going to be on sale just under $1000 (I think the NEX ad (military)), but if they have it, be on the look out for others stores to have it at a similar price.

Thank you most definitely! Although I think I am convinced on the TCL series 6 now ugh :runaway:

• Like 1

TCL makes some good TVs. I picked up a 42" TCL Roku last Black Friday and it has been superb for the kids room.

Looking at RTings.com (https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-size/32-inch), they seem to like TCL (and Samsung) as well.

That said, why limit to 32"? Space limitation on the wall? Walmart has a 40" 1080P for $98.[/quote

I bought the TCL model last year. I did some quick research in store on C Net. We love this tv! It’s been great. I also have an LG since 2012 that has made several moves- still going strong and not one problem. Brand loyalty is gone by the wayside now....

Edited by jewleyp
  • Like 1

What I really LOVE about the TCL Roku TVs is how OTA friendly they are.  The guide is PSIP powered, so you do not need a service or even an ISP to get a great guide.  Plug a USB drive into the TV and you can pause, rewind, and fast forward through about an hour of TV -- plenty of time to answer the phone or get a snack and commercial skip is a breeze.  I had one fail and they sent a guy to my house to fix it.  Can't beat that.  The picture is very good -- even for games or sports -- as long as you are not at an extreme angle.

What I really LOVE about the TCL Roku TVs is how OTA friendly they are.  The guide is PSIP powered, so you do not need a service or even an ISP to get a great guide.  Plug a USB drive into the TV and you can pause, rewind, and fast forward through about an hour of TV -- plenty of time to answer the phone or get a snack and commercial skip is a breeze.  I had one fail and they sent a guy to my house to fix it.  Can't beat that.  The picture is very good -- even for games or sports -- as long as you are not at an extreme angle.

I didn't know that they had that capability.  Very nice!  We do use OTA upstairs, but I could easily run a line to the basement.

BJs wholesale has 70 inch for $479 right now. $ a $20 earring special is also going on.

Jay yes thats the one.[emoji853][emoji853] i went to BB today to ask about it. Turns out i didnt get a good deal. That tv is a entry level tv. Who knew, [emoji2368] i didnt mind spending extra but apparently sales guy had no clue what he was doing. I was told exactly what you just said when i went today. I had no idea about motion rates n such. Guess i gotta find another deal now. Sad thing is i didnt even need a new tv just wanted one. Oh well.thxs for your help.

• Like 1

Wow thats a good price for a 70 in. Im really just ready to give up and reconnect my 48in. I bought another tv, the Samsung RU8000 55in. at BB for $600. Not sure if its me or the hdmi cable or even my cable period. But it still just doesnt look perfect to me. This tv has. 240 motion rate but pic looks washed out to me. I just dont understand.

OK so this is what I have narrowed it down to.  TCL 55R613 at Costco for $399.99 or the TCL 55R625 for $599.99.  Is the 55R625 worth the extra $200??  HELP!!

Only you know what $200 is worth to you.  Go watch both televisions.  If you see $200 better picture, pay.  I would buy both, watch both in my home, and return one.  WARNING: Last time I did this, I kept both. 

• Like 1

Only you know what $200 is worth to you.  Go watch both televisions.  If you see $200 better picture, pay.  I would buy both, watch both in my home, and return one.  WARNING: Last time I did this, I kept both. 

I went as you suggested and looked at the different models.  Although I did hesitate after seeing today that Kohls has the OLED C9 with $450 Kohls cash.........but I pulled the trigger and went with the 55R613 model from Costco.  Thanks for your advice and opinion!!  Love Gottadeal!

• Like 2