Secret Santa 2019 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

:holiday09 

You’ve asked for it. You’ve anticipated it. You’ve longed for it (ok, maybe that’s just me). Here it is!

It is time to sign up for the GottaDeal Exchanges! If you want to join in on the fun, please send me a PM no later than Thursday, October 31.  Please put "Secret Santa 2019" in the subject line.  I will do my best to have the names picked and back out to you by Sunday, November 3.

You know there must be rules, so here they are (please read before signing up
):

1. Secret Santa is just like it sounds - a secret exchange of gifts! There's a MINIMUM of $10 before shipping. If you choose to spend more, please don't be disappointed if your partner doesn't.

2. Ornament Exchange is also just like it sounds - an exchange of ornaments! There's a MINIMUM of $5 before shipping
. If you choose to spend more, please don't be disappointed if your partner doesn't.

3. Card Exchange is also as it sounds - an exchange of holiday greeting cards. Unlike the other two, however, you send (a card) to everyone who signs up
 and you get (a card) from everyone who signs up! If you have a favorite holiday recipe feel free to include it with the cards you send out. There is no minimum or delivery confirmation but please understand that you send a card to everyone on the list so if 50 people join the exchange you will be spending $27.50 for postage. (The current cost for a first class stamp as of the time of this posting is 55 cents).

4. Tracking (aka delivery confirmation) is a MUST. Please PM me the tracking number and how it is being shipped (USPS or UPS) so I can keep track of everything. If you send via USPS Priority it should be included at no charge, but it is always best to check for yourself.

5. Insurance from the USPS is also a MUST. Check with the post office nearest you for the cost.

6. Make sure your item(s) is/are properly packed and with plenty of padding.

7. Everything must be new/unused within reason. Used books, CDs, and DVDs are okay as long as they are in a like new condition that you would be okay with receiving.

8. The last day to sign up is Thursday, October 31st (you have until midnight CT).  I should have names out by Sunday, November 3.

9. The last day to ship is Saturday, December 7th. If for some reason you cannot ship by this date please let me know ASAP and then ship priority.

10. If you are participating in the Card Exchange please feel free to mail them any time but make sure to keep holiday mail delivery times in mind.

You must be a member 
with some posting activity
, to participate. This helps to make sure that only dedicated GottaDealers are participating and we have less of a chance of people flaking out.

12. If you participate in the SS/OE, please post when you receive your package even if you are waiting until later to open.  THIS IS SO IMPORTANT

13. Any decisions made by the exchange host are final. Each case or question will be given fair treatment and consideration.

Please include in your PM:
1. Your forum username, your name and address

2. Your email address, in case I need to contact you and can’t reach you through PM (I don’t include your email address with the information to your SS)
3. The exchanges you would like to take part in (Secret Santa, Ornament and/or Card)
4. The answers to the questions below if you are going to participate in Secret Santa/Ornament exchange

Are you male or female?

What is your t-shirt size?
Are you married?

Kids? If so, gender and age

Pets?

Allergies, diabetes, etc that your SS may need to know?
Would you accept homemade food (such as cookies)?
Any absolute dislikes?

Anything you really don’t want any more of (i.e. coffee cups, knick knacks, etc)?
Favorite Crafts or Hobbies?

What do you do for a living?

What is something you like to do with your family?
Do you collect anything?

Favorite Fast Food Establishment?

Favorite Candy/Sweet/Finger Food?

What is your favorite color?
Do you like lotions? If so what kinds?
Do you like scented candles? What scent?
Any favorite sports teams or Nascar drivers?
What's your favorite type of music? 

Who is your favorite musical artist?
What's your favorite movie?
What's your favorite holiday movie?

What kind of books do you like to read?

Do you have a favorite author? Who?
What's your favorite thing to do during your ‘me time’?

What is your favorite winter activity?

Something that you wouldn’t buy yourself but have always wanted?

Would you prefer your gifts wrapped, or no?

If you had $10 to shop for yourself at Target or Walmart, what would you likely look for?
What else would you like your Secret Santa to know?

This is not an official GottaDeal.com event, so participate at your own risk.  GottaDeal can't be held responsible if you do not receive anything.

Speaking of not receiving anything, hopefully everything goes as planned and no elves are needed, but please let me know if you are willing to step up in case someone does not receive their SS/OE package.   

Secret Santa (33)  :holiday16

BoPeep

colemandawn4904

hillbillyswife

tracy0504

ilikefree

msyves

gatorburg

Reinholt1

Reinholt1sMom

cjdav

atipton129

angelbabymommy

jstluvem

Sunni0913

Coastiwife

HanShotFirst

LainieB

Jenn_A

BFAddict716

princez916

Pepper_Mint_Tea

nafcmf

wittenlover

willandmel

Kash

jesusluvu

jendeere

stevierocks

ytmomof4

sbaldasare

Illinoismom

budgetsRsexy

tyreejames

Ornament Exchange (12)  :holiday07

BoPeep

colemandawn4904

hillbillyswife

jstluvem

Sunni0913

Coastiwife

BFAddict716

princez916

nafcmf

willandmel

jesusluvu

Pepper_Mint_Tea

Cards (11)   :mail:

Tracy0504

msyves

Reinholt1sMom

jstluvem

Sunni0913

BFAddict716

jendeere

stevierocks

hillbillyswife

likehome

carheel

Edited by Bopeep
  • Like 6

Just got back home after spending the day with Mom.  Here is a snippet of a conversation we had today.

Reinholt1:  Do you remember the Secret Santa exchange that we have been doing the last few years?  When you get a surprise Christmas present from someone in my online shopping group?

Reinholt1sMom:  Oh yes!  I love that! Those people are so nice!

Reinholt1:  Well you are all signed up again for this year.  And I signed us up for the Christmas Card exchange too, so you will get Christmas cards from all over the country again.

Reinholt1sMom:  Oh Good!...(pause)..will you help me shop?  I need help shopping.

Reinholt1: Of course!  I have always helped you shop..... and wrap..... and mail.

Reinholt1sMom:   When is my present coming?!?  Can I open it NOW?!?

:gdlaugh: 

Hey BoPeep!  I hope you pick those names soon!   I don't think my mom can last until December!!!  (Which means I won't last until December! Oy Vey!)

• Like 6

Just got back home after spending the day with Mom.  Here is a snippet of a conversation we had today.

Reinholt1:  Do you remember the Secret Santa exchange that we have been doing the last few years?  When you get a surprise Christmas present from someone in my online shopping group?

Reinholt1sMom:  Oh yes!  I love that! Those people are so nice!

Reinholt1:  Well you are all signed up again for this year.  And I signed us up for the Christmas Card exchange too, so you will get Christmas cards from all over the country again.

Reinholt1sMom:  Oh Good!...(pause)..will you help me shop?  I need help shopping.

Reinholt1: Of course!  I have always helped you shop..... and wrap..... and mail.

Reinholt1sMom:   When is my present coming?!?  Can I open it NOW?!?

:gdlaugh:

Hey BoPeep!  I hope you pick those names soon!   I don't think my mom can last until December!!!  (Which means I won't last until December! Oy Vey!)

I just want you to know, I totally adore your mom!

• Like 4

I just want you to know, I totally adore your mom!

LOL  so does everyone else.  But no one seems to want to take her off my hands!  :D

I took her to her favorite mom & pop restaurant for desert after we went to a community performance of the Michigan Opera Theater last week.  While she was in the bathroom I ordered both of us their "Bulldog Crunch".  (Vanilla Ice cream on a funnel cake, smothered in Saunders Hot Fudge.)  The waitress asks - "Do you want to share it?  It is really big!"  I responded that my mother has NEVER shared her ice cream - not even with her own daughter. And asked that she bring two of them.  All the waitresses laughed as well as the other 2 customers who were there.  (It is really a mom & pop - "everyone is family" type" restaurant.)

Mom returned from the bathroom and a few minutes later the waitress brings Mom her bulldog crunch and says  (loud enough for all to hear)  "Here it is!  Look how big it is! Don't you want to share this with your daughter??".   My mother shot her the dirtiest look, shook her head "no" and immediately retorted: "I won't even share my ice cream with my dog!". Everyone in the restaurant roared with laughter at that.  Leaving my poor mother startled and asking: "Why is everyone laughing?!?".

On a side note.  Mom ate that whole Bulldog Crunch.  I ended up sending most of my funnel cake home with mom. It was all I could do to eat just the ice cream.

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 4