GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

Kinda bummed that we're not going to do BF shirts on a large scale this year because I literally just came up with a really clever design for a BF shirt. Definitely going to save it for next year so no hints yet...

Let's have a vote!  Everyone who wants to do BF shirts on a large scale this year, like this post.

:runaway::gd_pineap  :bounce_fl   :fruitsex:  :bunny:  :imu2:  :lmao:  :loli:  :gd_ebates  :banana01:  :lolrun:  :usflag:  :gdclown:  :gdbouquet1:  :yay:  :gdclap:  :gd_purple  :howdy:  :greenappl  :gd_orange  :gd_not_ri  :gdinlove:  :gdflower3:

• Like 4

Happy early 4th everyone! Be safe!

For those of you who have been following along, Amazon is Wooting a lot of cool stuff.  Login with your Prime credentials for free shipping...

https://www.woot.com/offers/amazon-echo-show-first-generation-black-or-white  $50 1st Gen Show

https://computers.woot.com/offers/amazon-fire-hd-8-2018-32gb-tablets  $50 Alexa Enabled 8" Fire Tablet

https://computers.woot.com/offers/echo-dot-3rd-gen-smart-speaker  $20 Dot

https://computers.woot.com/offers/amazon-echo-connect-black  $13 Echo Connect 

I snagged one of the 1st gen show.  Do you know if its possible to hook my ring door bell up to that version? I don't see "show" as an option.  

Maybe I’ll give a couple away to the first members who can post a pic of at least 10 or so previous GD shirts.

I just counted mine. I have 6 shirts, but two are from the same year :(

Fun!

Speaking of extras, did the person who received the gift card last year ever post about receiving it? If so, I never saw the post. Who got it?

Yeah, I was hoping someone would post they got it.

Aloha from Hawaii! Tomorrow (or today if you're in my regular time zone) is my husband's 60th birthday so we're celebrating by going parasailing. We've been here since last Tuesday and will be leaving on Friday. He'll have to drag me kicking and screaming, but he'll get me home. lol It is hotter at our home in Ohio than it is here. Unbelievable!

When we went to Maui I told my husband I would live on the beach if he'd just let me stay!

• Like 1

Let's have a vote!  Everyone who wants to do BF shirts on a large scale this year, like this post.

:runaway::gd_pineap  :bounce_fl   :fruitsex:  :bunny:  :imu2:  :lmao:  :loli:  :gd_ebates  :banana01:  :lolrun:  :usflag:  :gdclown:  :gdbouquet1:  :yay:  :gdclap:  :gd_purple  :howdy:  :greenappl  :gd_orange  :gd_not_ri  :gdinlove:  :gdflower3:

If I didn't have boxes of the survival kits all assembled and packaged for shipment already I'd do it.

• Like 2

I snagged one of the 1st gen show.  Do you know if its possible to hook my ring door bell up to that version? I don't see "show" as an option.  

I believe so.  Check this out...

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003247146-Amazon-Echo-Integration-With-Ring-Devices-through-Amazon-Alexa

A friend confirmed that 1st gen Shows/Ring doorbell work with 'no problems'.  Have fun! 

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 1

Happy 'rednecks get to blow sumthin up' day Stay safe everyone!

Most importantly, don't forget to give thanks to all past, present, and near future military men/women and their families for their unconditional service to this great country making all this possible!

The only group of people you can make fun of without fear of being accused of hate.  While I have not had fireworks at my home since my youngest turned 18 (the same year we wrapped the house in vinyl and replaced the roof), I am a proud redneck and celebrate with my brothers and sisters in decency.

Happy fourth!

e159f454b9411d0e92b6395b52258606.gif

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 4

Just got back from New Mexico!  While it seemed very sparsely populated (150 miles between gas stations?), it was very fun!  We visited El Santuario de Chimayo (religious place), checked out Meow Wolf's House of Eternal Return (very cool, see link below if you are unfamiliar), drove the musical highway in Albuquerque, visited White Sands, Carlsbad Caverns, and, of course, Roswell.

• Like 7

Was just at a pig roast n see something that kinda shocked me! [emoji23] the big was being smoked in an actual metal coffin. It caught me off Guard. Once I got over the shock I ate some n it was yummy. Lol it was just the shell n they put wood in the bottom then a long grate. Smoked the pig on 1 side n corn on the cob on the other. Pretty ummm genius [emoji23]
  • Like 3

Just a few things on my mind this morning.  First, I visited the Amazon Digital and Device Forums and clicked on the Prime Day 2019 Coming Soon! announcement.  Avast reported this as an unsafe site (phishing hole).  I don't know if this was a false positive, but I am staying away from those forums for now.  :teacher:

Second, I have been getting a lot of snail mail encouraging me to participate in a census test.  After some research (via duckduckgo.com not the G* search engine), I decided the request was legit and gave it a ride (the mailings threatened to send someone to my home to 'help me complete the census' if I did not comply).  The survey asked about

• People in my home
    • Gender (only male/female options)
    • Relationship between the two people in my home (including same sex relationship)
    • Who owned the house
  • Race
    • First, are you Hispanic
    • Second, are some specific hispanic, asian, black, or white 
    • I chose 'other' and entered American.  I have been saying this to surveys (and social science teachers) since eighth grade.  Like Elizabeth Warren, I have anecdotes to support my claims of multi-ethnicity.   :gd_soapbo
  • Citizenship: IMHO, this is the only legitimate, Constitutional question in the census.  The Constitutional purpose of the census is to apportion representatives across the states based on the count of citizens represented.   :gd_soapbo

If you do not complete the census, you can be fined up to $100 (last enforced int he 70s); if you lie on the census, you can be fined up to $500.   :curse:

Finally, I have added Pluto to my Recast EPG.  Pluto is a free tv service that integrates into the Recast EPG alongside the broadcast channels, Philo and Vue paid programming, and Prime Channels.  If you have a Recast or are considering one at the Primeday price (which I recommend), give Pluto a look.   :gdclap:

(I updated this to remove the link to the Amazon Digital and Device forums)

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 1

"len_mullen
If you have a Recast or are considering one at the Primeday price (which I recommend), give Pluto a look.   :gdclap:"

Just got our Recast delivered today - few problems with set up - but Amazon talked us right through it. It looks like a neat little device! Love that I can pull up shows on my Echo Show devices - nice little perk! :)

• Like 2

"len_mullen

If you have a Recast or are considering one at the Primeday price (which I recommend), give Pluto a look.   :gdclap:"

Just got our Recast delivered today - few problems with set up - but Amazon talked us right through it. It looks like a neat little device! Love that I can pull up shows on my Echo Show devices - nice little perk! :)

Congratulations!  I don't love that you need an android or IOS device to configure it (web interface?), but I am happy with the DVR.  To get the Pluto channels to show up in your EPG, simply install the Pluto app on your stick.  Have fun!

• Like 1

Happy July everybody!

Counting days till I’m next at a race track (31). Missing my track family but enjoying the summer.

Considering a trip to Cedar Point this year - now that I’m no longer concerned about fitting in the seats well (this was my reality until I got serious about getting healthy early last year), I figure it’s high time to indulge my love of roller coasters again. After all, it’s only been 20 years since I was last there (yes, really! Where did that time go???).

Some updates on my journey:

- The scale readings are still trending downward but more slowly these days. No surprise, since I’m down to the last 45-50 lbs that need to leave.

- I’ve been doing more working out (both strength and cardio) to build lean muscle. Another reason the scale isn’t dropping faster. Body composition changes over just straight weight loss.

- I’ve learned I don’t love running in the heat but I do love the way I feel afterward, especially when I jump into that nice refreshing shower. Body basically is telling me to keep after it.

Latest “before and after” side-by-sides (Jan 12 2018 L, July 3 2019 R):

d43c3d8cb059aafb6262afd6ae449519.jpg

Hope all of you are well! [emoji4]

• Like 13

Happy July everybody!

Counting days till I’m next at a race track (31). Missing my track family but enjoying the summer.

Considering a trip to Cedar Point this year - now that I’m no longer concerned about fitting in the seats well (this was my reality until I got serious about getting healthy early last year), I figure it’s high time to indulge my love of roller coasters again. After all, it’s only been 20 years since I was last there (yes, really! Where did that time go???).

- The scale readings are still trending downward but more slowly these days. No surprise, since I’m down to the last 45-50 lbs that need to leave.

- I’ve been doing more working out (both strength and cardio) to build lean muscle. Another reason the scale isn’t dropping faster. Body composition changes over just straight weight loss.

- I’ve learned I don’t love running in the heat but I do love the way I feel afterward, especially when I jump into that nice refreshing shower. Body basically is telling me to keep after it.

Amazing.  The biggest change?  The smile on your face!

• Like 3

Happy July everybody!

That awesome !!