GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

it was the one you sent out in one of the packages to the contest winners. Never saw who got it.

Oh yeah I don’t remember seeing anyone post either. Could’ve been one of those forum members who only posts to enter contests. Also could’ve been a Facebook person as I gave away a bunch of shirts on FB as well and they all came from the same boxes.

• Like 2

Ten months, ten topics...

•  
  • Feb: CES 2019 should give us some ideas about what Black Friday 2019 will be all about.  A review of what they hope we'll buy.
  • March: Best Air Fryer recipes/uses.  Going to try a blooming onion tomorrow.  Jury is still out on this counter top wonder.
  • Apr: In 1999, I took a job in a group called Architecture Technology Organization (aka ATO).  These were all the geeks and those who managed them.  On my first day on the job, I learned about X10.  Within a couple weeks, I was living in a smart home.  Not a lot of X10 in my house these days, but the house is even smarter thanks to Alexa.  Some thoughts on getting started with automation.
  • May: In May of 2010 I fired Comcast.  A lot has changed over nine years.  This is how I would cut the cord in 2019...
  • Jun: Cash back for dummies.  Best credit cards and loyalty programs for people who do not want miles.
  • Jul: Prime Day Primer.
  • Aug: Drying food on purpose.
  • Sep: Televisions.
  • Oct: Laptops.
  • Nov: Time to talk about Black Friday 2019!

Prime Day 2019 begins at midnight (PT) on Monday, July 15 and runs for 48 hours.  You have to be a Prime member to play, but student and trial members are included.  

Check out Amazon's press release.

Look here for...

I'll be updating this post with 'special' deals and events as well as things that appeal to me (I'm shopping for a 10" tablet and am particularly interested in Alexa, smart home, and Recast accessories)...

UPDATE: Amazon's Recast is $100 off today.  I highly recommend you get one!

If anyone quotes this post with additional information, I will copy the information into this post, so favorite/bookmark this post!

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 3

Already in the second half of the year! We finally made it into the 90 degree territory and I’m so ready for fall now lol. I wasn’t built for hot weather at all! Stay sun-safe everyone; lots of water and sunscreen!
  • Like 3

Lord, how did it get to be July already.  Im aleady tired of the heat and humidity.  The older I get ( and probably the fatter :) ) the less tolerable I have become.  Ugh.

Prime Day is coming and I have to work both days plus I'm flat broke.  LOL.  

• Like 3

Aloha from Hawaii! Tomorrow (or today if you're in my regular time zone) is my husband's 60th birthday so we're celebrating by going parasailing. We've been here since last Tuesday and will be leaving on Friday. He'll have to drag me kicking and screaming, but he'll get me home. lol It is hotter at our home in Ohio than it is here. Unbelievable!

• Like 5

Kinda bummed that we're not going to do BF shirts on a large scale this year because I literally just came up with a really clever design for a BF shirt. Definitely going to save it for next year so no hints yet...

• Like 10