Black Friday 2019 Countdown & Anticipation Thread

Brad

Oh my! We are setting records for high temps here, 2 days in a row at 99*!

Right there with you but not quite record-setting.....just highs in the mid 90's.  I am so over it and there seems to be no relief in sight yet.  I am so tired of my high electric bill and wearing the same blame clothes I've been wearing since March.  LOL.  

• Like 3

This will be my in-law's first Black Friday.  DW has spoken about the times we went out and the deals scored, but they never had a chance to experience it as they lived in the Philippines.  We finally got them approved for residence here, and they joined us back in March.  My MIL is very excited, but she doesn't move too fast because she is in her mid-70s.  She does move much better than my mom, though.  My mom does best at guarding the basket and standing in line.  My MIL could probably throw down for towels at Wal-Mart.

• Like 6

I am putting my lists together.  I want to get my in-laws a nice corner television stand.  Their TV is too big for the stand they have and the existing stand does not have room for all the peripherals attached.  Maybe a sound bar as well.

I am shopping for a new desktop for me.  My i5 3330 has been a noble computer, but it's time.  I may end up getting my kids new desktops and taking one of theirs.  Looking at the HPs at Staples.  I have a lot of gift cards (Discover Cash Back) and rewards (ink recycling) to burn.

Other than that, gift cards and purchases of opportunity.  I'm passively looking for a very big television.  75-90 inch.  I am hoping the high end TCL Roku TVs are steeply discounted.  I have a couple 55" sets and love them.

I feel like this is going to be a great Christmas.  The Farmers Almanac is predicting a cool and wet November.  I'm dreaming of a white Black Friday...

graph.us.1.png

Looking forward to being in the stores on BF even if I do not get up to stand in line.

black-friday-4.jpg

• Like 3

My BF list is small this year. I need new sheets and pillows which will be Walmart. Need to restock on Bath and Body Works bodywashes and hand-sanitzer. And I want to get the handful of Disney movies my DS watches since they've either already been pulled from Netflix or will soon. It's cheaper to buy the handful we watch over getting Disney's streaming service. I'm sure there will be something else once the ads start releasing. I'm still excited, but it'll be a smaller year.

We're in the middle of building a house and I'm decluttering. Being a lot more intentful with where our money goes right now.

• Like 3

I told my girls (17 & 11) to start on their lists and to have them to me in the next couple of weeks. I just have to figure out what I’m getting my other 10 family members. I’m also encouraging my girls to give back so I’m having them pick one person from their school that may not be as fortunate, get to know them (if they don’t already) and they’ll present them with Christmas gifts (a couple of things they want and a few they ma need). This has been on my mind for a couple of years so I’m excited to finally do it and hopefully continue to do it for the coming Christmases.
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting excited too!!!  I think I'll go back and review my shopping lists from Black Friday's past - just to pass the time  :lmao:

I'm curious to see what the weather ends up being like here for BF this year - all signs point to an early and colder winter from what I'm reading and hearing people say.  We might just have a white BF and a white Christmas (finally!!!) this year!

This is my favorite time of year!  So excited to be back in the BF mode. :)  I've been thinking about Christmas gifts this year, but this month, I'll put the ideas and numbers to the paper.  We've relocated to sunny FL, so BF will be different this year and will more likely be more crowded and definitely warmer than years past. lol  I'm looking forward to it!  

Went to Dollar Tree to get the rest of the gift boxes, tissue paper, wrapping paper, ribbon and gift tags that I need - and NOTHING! The manager said that he had put out a few decorations - but has 3 weeks to get the rest out - s check back then! (I hope to be DONE by then) - So, off to Dollar General I went - got almost everything I needed.  Will venture out to Dollar General or Walmart next week to hopefully find the rest.

I already got my 5 year old grand daughter a Juno the baby elephant and her 7 YO sister a very large Audrey )from descendants 3) doll   I need to find something for my 9 yo grand daughter, 2 year old twin grand sons and my 6 yungins plus my mama and hubby...LAWD!!!!

I’m ready to start decorating I love Christmas and of course I love to shop.

OMGosh ME TOO!!!!! 

Edited by Jenn_A
  • Like 1

Just got an email from Best Buy. Says the have guaranteed Black Friday pricing on select premium TV's I looked and they all seem to be high end ones from $1500 to $4500. So if you're in that market check them out.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/magnolia/magnolia-sale-event/pcmcat342500050004.c?id=pcmcat342500050004&ref=P10T12R103&loc=BODY&CampaignID=1020031&eut=117052904

• Like 1

My closet is beginning to look as though it is a department store. I have gifts for my SIL from my brother, gifts for him from her, gifts for my GD and GS, gifts for DIL and son. I may have to start wrapping before Thanksgiving just in case someone peeps in a closet

• Like 3

Finally made out my christmas list for everyone I need to buy for. I'm getting so excited for black friday. My family is doing pumpkin carving tonight but all I really want to do is watch Christmas movies and drink hot chocolate. [emoji318][emoji319][emoji320]
  • Like 5

Finally made out my christmas list for everyone I need to buy for. I'm getting so excited for black friday. My family is doing pumpkin carving tonight but all I really want to do is watch Christmas movies and drink hot chocolate. [emoji318][emoji319][emoji320]

Be still my heart...

• Like 1

Just got an email from Best Buy. Says the have guaranteed Black Friday pricing on select premium TV's I looked and they all seem to be high end ones from $1500 to $4500. So if you're in that market check them out.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/magnolia/magnolia-sale-event/pcmcat342500050004.c?id=pcmcat342500050004&ref=P10T12R103&loc=BODY&CampaignID=1020031&eut=117052904

Thanks, but I'll wait for the sale ads. You were right, these seem a little on the higher end. Although, they do put some sonys and samsungs on sale during black friday too.

Has anyone ever seen a car (automobile) on sale on black friday?  My lease is up in December and I still haven't figured out what I'm getting. A Black Friday sale might motivate me! LOL.

Hello Everyone... I am not sure how Black Friday will go this year. It has been a hell of a year so far.

My husband of 23 years passed away in May, he had a pulmonary embolism I was the last one to speak to him I told him to go to the set he didn’t have time it had set in motion. Leaving me with 2 children one 21 and one special needs 11. I was filing for Divorce in July. His brother died 2 months later of Radiation Poisoning. On top of all of this my father fell and had not walked since June and now sits in a rehab nursing home.

Black Friday used to be my thing used to have fun that day, maybe again today. My love Tom has been taking care of everything.

My Christmas list is made. I have been catching some great deals on the daily deal site. My 13 year old wants Champion wear, air pods and UGGs. I scored big on the Champion site, extra 30% off clearance last week.  Black Friday will be more about the 5 year old grandson.  Trying to stick to my budget. So far I am doing well.

Edited by mjbateman
  • Like 1