do you know of any hotels near disney and universal.

we want to stay offsite in orlando and are looking at hotels near disney and orlando. i have looked at all the sites but dont know which is an affordable good hotel which is close to both. so if any of you have stayed at an offsite hotel . please do give me some suggestions.

Thanks ..:)

We just stayed at the now Radisson Resort Orlando - Celebration November 2005. I found a special price for it at mousesavers.com. My family and I loved the accomodations - especially for the $$ we saved. The rooms were well sized and recently remodeled. They were working on remodeling the exterior of one of the sections, so there was some scaffolding up, but nothing to where it was inconvenient. Of course by now, they could be finished. The pools were wonderful. There's a small heated pool, a larger non-heated pool with a slide and waterfall area and a hot tub. There's a pizza hut inside the hotel and a nice restaurant that we had breakfast in one morning. It was less than 10 minutes to Disney. We would definitely stay there again. :)

we stayed at the Howard Johnson on Irlo Bronson 2 years ago. Very close to Disney, but about a 15-20 minute drive to Universal. It was nice. Avoid a hotel called Ritz Express--it was a DUMP, unlike what hotels.com said. We stayed there for 2 nights and it had no air, cracks in the walls and floors and it was just horrible.

we stayed at the Howard Johnson on Irlo Bronson 2 years ago. Very close to Disney, but about a 15-20 minute drive to Universal. It was nice. Avoid a hotel called Ritz Express--it was a DUMP, unlike what hotels.com said. We stayed there for 2 nights and it had no air, cracks in the walls and floors and it was just horrible.

ok Thanks am looking at all the places you are suggesting.. :)

Check out the section on Mousesavers under the preferred off-site hotels. There's great pictures there and they may already have a discount rate listed. The newsletter sometimes does offer specials only available through the newsletter. I checked my March newsletter, but there weren't any special deals for any off-site hotels. Also check out the discussion boards at

www.disboards.com I found this site extremly helpful in the planning of our trip.

Check out the section on Mousesavers under the preferred off-site hotels. There's great pictures there and they may already have a discount rate listed. The newsletter sometimes does offer specials only available through the newsletter. I checked my March newsletter, but there weren't any special deals for any off-site hotels. Also check out the discussion boards at

www.disboards.com I found this site extremly helpful in the planning of our trip.

Thank you so much , i have checked the that website for the hotels , and nothing actually fancies me there. i have put up a post on disboards asking about hotels. am yet to get any replies from anyone... this site is the best because you are assured that people will suggest something .:D

We came back from Orlando in early March and we stayed in a townhouse about 15 mins from Disney, it was $119 a night for a 3 br home, the pool is fantastic, it is heated and has a lazy river in it and large slide. It was called the Regal Palms Resort in Davenport (15 mins to Disney) They also have homes too available with pools but we like the townhouse with the clubs pool. It is a beautiful place. Link below.

http://www.regalpalmsorlando.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/RegalPalms/index1.html

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Kissimee on Black Lake Road!!! Its like a 5 minute drive from the parks and was nice, quiet and clean! the pool was great and the bartender...OMG!!!! Most fab Pina Coladas youve ever had.... and the strip of road has every shop and store and souvenier stand known to man......You can also see all the laser light and fireworks shows from the outside hallways on each floor from all the parks each nite if the kiddos need to come back to the room for the nite for whatever reason...

Enjoy & say Hi to Mickey for me...lol

We have satayed at the Best western East gate ( i think thats what its called). It was litereally 5 mins to Dis. DO NOT stay at the Ramada conf center on sand lake road. The area is great, but the hotel was very plain. The inside was fine, but the outside looked pretty bad. It was booked online & apparently the pics were pretty old :) If you want to stay close to universal, the sand lake road area is great...close, but not super expensive. The Best Western Movieland is where we will stay next time.

:gdlicklips: i just wanted to let you all know of my awesome deal. i got thru priceline a 2.5 star hotel at 35 per day. the hotel is :-

Amerisuites Orlando Lake Buena Vista

Disney World Vicinity

4991 Calypso Cay Way

Kissimmee, Florida 34746.

There are good reviews. they have complimentary breakfast and parking is free. plus no resort fees.....

Great deal!! I would check out the Disboards.com. They are the experts on anything Disney!! Travel, rooms, tickets, food, attractions, etc.... Be careful - It is addicting!!!:eyepoppin

yep you are right.. there is so much there that i get confused sometimes....and my eyes go :eyepoppin

:gdlicklips: i just wanted to let you all know of my awesome deal. i got thru priceline a 2.5 star hotel at 35 per day. the hotel is :-

Amerisuites Orlando Lake Buena Vista

Disney World Vicinity

4991 Calypso Cay Way

Kissimmee, Florida 34746.

There are good reviews. they have complimentary breakfast and parking is free. plus no resort fees.....

How far is this away from disney?