Costco Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

So I don't have a hand mixer - would the immersion blender with the whisk attachment work as a good alternative?

EDIT: also decent deal if you're in the market for a new desk - the power sit/stand desk. Considering the ones we buy at work (obviously they're bigger) run us 2k plus, this is a good home office desk one. If I worked at home more (and had space), I'd seriously consider it.

So I don't have a hand mixer - would the immersion blender with the whisk attachment work as a good alternative?

EDIT: also decent deal if you're in the market for a new desk - the power sit/stand desk. Considering the ones we buy at work (obviously they're bigger) run us 2k plus, this is a good home office desk one. If I worked at home more (and had space), I'd seriously consider it.

Depends on what you're planning on mixing with it. Some things, yes, other things (like probably most things thicker than basic cake mixes/smoothies) maybe not so much. 

Edited by wittenlover

Depends on what you're planning on mixing with it. Some things, yes, other things (like probably most things thicker than basic cake mixes/smoothies) maybe not so much. 

So the immersion part would only be used for soups and things a recipe says "use an immersion blender to blend."

It's the whisk attachment that makes me go "hmm." If I wanted to mix cream cheese for cheesecake, or beat egg whites to stiff peaks,

Egg whites, sure. Cream cheese might be a little thick, depending on the power of the motor inside it (and the strength of the whisk). 

Considering the last time I made mini cheesecakes, I beat that cream cheese by hand. Loved the result, hated how much stupid time it took to beat by hand.

• Like 1