Game #1 - While we wait on ads - The Movie Quote Game

magickallight

Suggested by izzydedyet (thank you), here is our first game to play while we wait on ads...

The rules: Share a movie quote from a Christmas movie and see who can guess it. Then they can share their favorite line from a Christmas movie for someone else to try and guess.

I will start with an easy one: "What's that sound? You hear it? It's a funny squeaky sound."

It's a Wonderful Life.

Oops.. I missed favorite movie. This isn't my favorite by any means, but I was trying to think of a line that might be a bit of a challenge. :)

"As odd as it sounds, I didn't think to ask the butcher where the chocolate was! "

Edited by tn20
  • Like 1

It's a Wonderful Life.

Oops.. I missed favorite movie. This isn't my favorite by any means, but I was trying to think of a line that might be a bit of a challenge. :)

"As odd as it sounds, I didn't think to ask the butcher where the chocolate was! "

I changed it to any Christmas movie. :)

The answer is: Christmas with the Kranks.

"I want you to get married. I want you to have nine children. And if you only spend five minutes a day with each kid, that's forty-five minutes, and I'd at least have time to go out and get a massage or something."

Answer: Miracle on 34th Street

"A persons got to take some chances or life will never come to nothing."

Answer: Emmet Otters Jug-Band Christman

Quote: Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window.

• Like 1

Quote: Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window.

Wow - that one through me for a loop for a minute there! ;)

Answer: A Christmas Story

Quote: "If they'd rather die, they had better do it and decrease the surplus population. Good night, gentlemen."

Answer: Arthur Christmas

Quote: Now you listen to me, young lady! Even if we're *horribly mangled*, there'll be no sad faces on Christmas.

Answer : Grinch 

Quote : We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It’s run by a big Eastern syndicate, you know.

• Like 1

Answer: The year without a Santa Clause

Quote: 

My dad is the best thing of all and I can't tell anyone about it.

Answer: The Santa Clause 2

Quote: Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see

• Like 1

Answer: The Santa Clause 2

Quote: Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see

Answer : Polar Express 

Quote : That's what Christmas memories are made from, they're not planned, they're not scheduled, nobody puts them in their Blackberry, they just happen.

• Like 1

Answer: A Christmas Carol

Quote: What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more...

Answer:  How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Quote:  I look like a Mafia Lieutenant

Edited by HanShotFirst
  • Like 1

Answer: A Christmas Carol

Quote: What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more...

Answer: How the Grinch stole Christmas 

Quote : Whew! Stay in here much longer and I'll really make a splash in the world.

Answer:  How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Quote:  I look like a Mafia Lieutenant

Answer : Christmas with the Cranks 

Quote : Whew! Stay in here much longer and I'll really make a splash in the world.

• Like 1

Answer: How the Grinch stole Christmas 

Answer : Christmas with the Cranks 

Answer: Frosty the snowman

Quote: Eat, Papa, eat.

• Like 1

Answer: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Quote: "Don't be such a stranger! Come around with your husband, we'll have a blizzard! Ha ha ha ha!"

Answer:  The Year Without a Santa Claus

Quote: "I'll retire to Bedlam"

• Like 1