Discuss Black Friday and Win Prizes [Winners Posted]

Brad

Black friday was primarily online for me...did go to walmart for a few things but I have to say was dissapointed with my overall experience..its sad.. I want my old Black friday back

I do miss the old days as well but do like the shopping in my jammies in the warmth of my home on the couch too.  :yay:

• Like 1

Black friday was primarily online for me...did go to walmart for a few things but I have to say was dissapointed with my overall experience..its sad.. I want my old Black friday back

I must say, as I've gotten older I do not miss standing in the rain or freezing temps for hours waiting for the doors to open... although I am under a time crunch to eat and get to WalMart between 4-4:30, I still enjoy the earlier opening on TG...

I agree, I make them most out of it either way. It is something I have grown to love and try my best to make it as fun as possible. 

I wish more stores would offer some different items on Friday vs Thursday. I only go out early morning Friday and it would be nice to have first crack at just a couple door busters. I think it would also encourage more people to be out on each day which would be nice to get to at least sort of experience the crowds of BF of yesteryear so to speak.
  • Like 2

I wish more stores would offer some different items on Friday vs Thursday. I only go out early morning Friday and it would be nice to have first crack at just a couple door busters. I think it would also encourage more people to be out on each day which would be nice to get to at least sort of experience the crowds of BF of yesteryear so to speak.

We stood in line outside Cabella's last year. Froze our tails off, but I loved it. LOL.  My 18 year old niece was with us and I told her THIS is what Black Friday is supposed to be about!

We had to get up early for Academy and Home Depot this year, so we got a little taste :).

• Like 3

I think I've had at least 3 packages a day since Wednesday!

I have 2 more from Best Buy (they think only one, but they sent me someone else's package. :( ). 3 more from Kohl's BF, plus another order today. 2 Think geek orders, 2 target, and still my entire Walmart BF order. I'll still be keeping my delivery folks busy for a bit longer!

• Like 1

So I’m sure my UPS/USPS guy hates me today! Nearly everything I ordered over the BF hours was delivered today....3 from Target, one Walmart and one Kohl’s. Best Buy should be delivered tomorrow and still waiting on Walmart to ship one thing.

I live in a rural area n he has to come down my driveway which is about 1/2 an acre and kind of crappy. I feel bad for him. I plan on trying to figure out something better for packages in spring. He can’t leave them near the mailbox because my road is on a county rd n it’s actually fairly busy. I know the ups, fedex and mailman hate me!

• Like 3

It was a busy package day here too. The mailman just left a whole bin on the porch because the porch chair was full of UPS parcels. the Fed Ex driver was the lucky one with only 1 package. All totaled, I got 12 packages.

I ordered a few things from Cyber Monday today but none of it is scheduled to be here before December.

Edited by speeddiva
  • Like 2

So far I’ve received 2 packages and I’m only expecting 3 more this week. I was able to use in store pick up for a lot of my online orders. It helped me to avoid shipping charges and in some cases earned me bonus Kohl’s cash. It is also a little less stressful because I know Within a couple hours if my order is going to be fulfilled rather than waiting for sometimes several days for shipping confirmations to be received.
  • Like 1

I live in a rural area n he has to come down my driveway which is about 1/2 an acre and kind of crappy. I feel bad for him. I plan on trying to figure out something better for packages in spring. He can’t leave them near the mailbox because my road is on a county rd n it’s actually fairly busy. I know the ups, fedex and mailman hate me!

We have always lived in the country with long driveways.  I leave a big tub (w/lid on it) just in the drive little ways.  When we are new to an area I would write with permanent marker UPS/FED EX  a few would miss it and end up at the house.  So, I would tell them if the driveway is bad or they are in a hurry they can put it in there.  We have the ring doorbell, above it, so I can see who stops.  Someone drives by it a couple times a day anyway, so nothing is left up there too long.  

OK, the random drawing has been conducted under the watchful eye of... my dog. Here are the winners:

1st Prize: Apple iPad 9.7" 32GB WiFi Tablet
Winner: BFgrl79 (for this post)

2nd Prize: Nest Outdoor Smart Security Camera
Winner: jesusluvu (for this post)

3rd Prize: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite E-Reader
Winner: elena_398 (for this post)

4th Prize: $100 Gift Card to the Retailer of Your Choice
Winner: jgm8 (for this post)

5th Prize: $50 Gift Card to the Retailer of Your Choice
Winner: mommyofanangelb (for this post)

Congrats to the winners, look for a PM from me to claim your prize. And thanks to everyone who posted on the forums this year.

• Like 9